Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate stealing Jack's pen just reminded me of Kate always flirting with men to get what she wanted.

Like in season 4 the hug though I think she meant the hug she killed to birds in one stone by stealing the phone.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this has to happen...

MY BEAUTIFUL SKATE!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, what the hell?

Now, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the finale on all other levels. I felt that it was a satisfying conclusion in every respect... except Kate's.

After years of back and forth, there had to be a choice, and I respect that, I even respect that she chose Jack (not a lot, but I do). But what I don't respect is that Skate, which was a huge part of the show, was completely ignored. It was as if they were never together. As if they had never shared anything. The final episode completely ignored them and didn't give them any resolution whatsoever. I think that was just cruel of Darlton. They are very in touch with their audience (as evidenced by them realizing their mistake with Nikki and Paulo) and they know that there is a huge segment that really loved Sawyer and Kate together. And it was like a kick in the balls from them to not give us anything. I mean that's just cruel. And poor writing. These two characters shared a deep emotional connection that continued on even past their years of separation. Even though Sawyer had resigned himself to being with Juliet (more bad writing there) he still had feelings for Kate and they should have gotten some kind of closure. I mean, up until the finale episode it was evident that Sawyer was still very much affected by Kate. He allowed Claire on the boat because of Kate, he put down his gun in "The Candidate" when Widmore threatened to kill Kate. The writing lended itself to a possible healing of their relationship and her helping him get over Juliet. And she spent so much time away from Jack in this season... it just wasn't believable or fair to the viewers.

Well, there, a rant from a Skater. Darlton dropped my heart into a bucket of boiling tears and kicked my soul in the crotch. Boo on them. I combed through all of the pages of this thread searching for someone as upset as me and was sadly disappointed. Maybe I'm the only one who cared about these two... or maybe all of the Skaters out there are still just too busy mourning our loss. Oh well... in the end I guess it was just a TV show.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think their romance needed to be touched up on, I feel this way as a fan of the show, not as a jater.

They had closure since season 5, even season 4, depends on how you view it.

But they as friends were not ignored, which is what they are now, they've both moved on romantically so showing it would have been in poor taste. He cared for her bullet wound, they made it to the helicopter together, and they even hugged in the afterlife.

It was the writer fault for giving the skater fans false hope during season 6 because I know a lot of skaters who thought they were going somewhere after Juliet died.

But Juliet didn't die that long ago, so as a person who has a love hate relationship with Sawyer (Me) I would have been disappointed with him if anything happened with Kate because it would have been wrong in my opinion.

I view Sawyer's actions towards Kate now as a friend, not as someone who wants to get back together with her.

If the gun had been pointed at Jin/Sun/Hurley he would have reacted the same way. His mission was to get them ALL off the island.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having her flop back and forth between Jack and Sawyer was a dumb move from the start. I mean....don't give the Skaters false hope if you're not going to have anything come of it. It would've been better if Kate had, say, been with Sawyer toward the beginning of the show and then moved apart from him and toward Jack, rather than having her change her mind so many times. Kate's character would be so much more likeable (to me, anyway) if she didn't switch back and forth so much. For quite awhile I thought she didn't really care about either of them, and only used them when it was convinient.

By the end of the show I was sold on Jate - not that I like Jate too much, but I believe they truly care about each other.

Skate was nice while it lasted, but Sawyer grew up a lot. He needed to be with Juliet, and I believe he did get over Kate. I mean....there was some SEVERE anguish when Juliet died. He loved her.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I think having her flop back and forth between Jack and Sawyer was a dumb move from the start. I mean....don't give the Skaters false hope if you're not going to have anything come of it. It would've been better if Kate had, say, been with Sawyer toward the beginning of the show and then moved apart from him and toward Jack, rather than having her change her mind so many times. Kate's character would be so much more likeable (to me, anyway) if she didn't switch back and forth so much. For quite awhile I thought she didn't really care about either of them, and only used them when it was convinient.

By the end of the show I was sold on Jate - not that I like Jate too much, but I believe they truly care about each other.

Skate was nice while it lasted, but Sawyer grew up a lot. He needed to be with Juliet, and I believe he did get over Kate. I mean....there was some SEVERE anguish when Juliet died. He loved her.

WORD. To everything you just said. Couldn't have put it better myself
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
OK, this has to happen...

MY BEAUTIFUL SKATE!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, what the hell?

Now, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the finale on all other levels. I felt that it was a satisfying conclusion in every respect... except Kate's.

After years of back and forth, there had to be a choice, and I respect that, I even respect that she chose Jack (not a lot, but I do). But what I don't respect is that Skate, which was a huge part of the show, was completely ignored. It was as if they were never together. As if they had never shared anything. The final episode completely ignored them and didn't give them any resolution whatsoever. I think that was just cruel of Darlton. They are very in touch with their audience (as evidenced by them realizing their mistake with Nikki and Paulo) and they know that there is a huge segment that really loved Sawyer and Kate together. And it was like a kick in the balls from them to not give us anything. I mean that's just cruel. And poor writing. These two characters shared a deep emotional connection that continued on even past their years of separation. Even though Sawyer had resigned himself to being with Juliet (more bad writing there) he still had feelings for Kate and they should have gotten some kind of closure. I mean, up until the finale episode it was evident that Sawyer was still very much affected by Kate. He allowed Claire on the boat because of Kate, he put down his gun in "The Candidate" when Widmore threatened to kill Kate. The writing lended itself to a possible healing of their relationship and her helping him get over Juliet. And she spent so much time away from Jack in this season... it just wasn't believable or fair to the viewers.

Well, there, a rant from a Skater. Darlton dropped my heart into a bucket of boiling tears and kicked my soul in the crotch. Boo on them. I combed through all of the pages of this thread searching for someone as upset as me and was sadly disappointed. Maybe I'm the only one who cared about these two... or maybe all of the Skaters out there are still just too busy mourning our loss. Oh well... in the end I guess it was just a TV show.

I feel that they let me down with Skate too. It's just there was so many great moments in the finale I can overlook stuff like that. I dunno if that makes me any less of a skater or a realist. Jate moments always make me cringe, they are just too cheesy and out of place. Why would they be kissing with both of them wounded and having the island to save? And Kate's repeating vomit inducing line about 'nothing is irreversible' as opposed to 'not all of it was misery' *grabs bucket*

But at the end of it all Kate and Sawyer got off the island together. Jate were only reunited in death and note they didn't kiss. If the Jaters are going to claim victory in death then let them have it lol I will always have fond memories of season 3 in the cages and I always said that whatever happens nothing is going to get better for this ship and if Jate wins all at the end I'll still be happy with how the show ends up. Pretty much stuck with that since
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

Why thank you, Jemma.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Jemmz wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

Why thank you, Jemma.

I do think that's why so many people don't like Kate. I think Evangeline had a problem with it too, and often wanted them to stop.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evi HATED the triangle crap. I saw interview with her in season 3 wishing it would stop. She didn't think it was right for Kate to be "Hm.. which one do I like today?"

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
or maybe all of the Skaters out there are still just too busy mourning our loss. Oh well... in the end I guess it was just a TV show.

*holds up hand* Seriously, I wasn't expecting a big, happy Skate ending, they were too obviously setting up Suliet as soulmates and such. But it still was, indeed, a kick in the unmentionables to actually see it all work out like that.

I've been consoling myself with what we did get, which is namely the fact that both Sawyer and Kate got off the Island alive. I doubt they both went and sat in a corner for the next 40 - 50 years (if they, indeed, lived to be elderly before they died) all alone and mourning Juliet and Jack. And who else would understand what they had been through besides each other? So my personal fanon is that in the years after they left the Island, they found their way back to each other and lived out the rest of their lives together.

*continues to fly her tiny little Skater flag, no matter what* They're my OTP and they always will be, it doesn't matter if nobody else thinks they went together. To me, they did and they still do.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Evi HATED the triangle crap. I saw interview with her in season 3 wishing it would stop. She didn't think it was right for Kate to be "Hm.. which one do I like today?"

She's hated a lot of the stuff they've done to her character.

She hated when Kate slept with Jack after she gave Aaron up, she thought that was weird, and the writers said "This is something Kate would do."

She's tried to have them change things about Kate forever because it does put Kate in a bad light. \

I also think a lot of people project what Kate does onto Evi too.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, she didn't like a lot of things they did. But it's a blurry line, she's been playing Kate for so long, surely she should have an 'input' into what Kate would do; but then the creators are the ones who created it... although we've all said numerous times how the writers have screwed things up. But she did want to see Kate as a mother, and that always annoyed me because I thought that was why they gave Kate Aaron; because Evi wanted it. Probably not true at all; but it just adds to my bitterness over that whole thing; which I can let go of now because Claire gets him back as it's meant to be

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
yeah, she didn't like a lot of things they did. But it's a blurry line, she's been playing Kate for so long, surely she should have an 'input' into what Kate would do; but then the creators are the ones who created it... although we've all said numerous times how the writers have screwed things up. But she did want to see Kate as a mother, and that always annoyed me because I thought that was why they gave Kate Aaron; because Evi wanted it. Probably not true at all; but it just adds to my bitterness over that whole thing; which I can let go of now because Claire gets him back as it's meant to be

It might by why they gave Kate Aaron, but that's probably not what Evi was wanting, she probably meant that her character actually have her own child.

I never minded the whole Aaron thing because it was one of the things that matured Kate, Kate needed to develop and grow and having her care about someone other than herself was the way to do it.

Fox in an interview I just read stated that he was allowed to have some freedom with playing Jack, so the same probably went for a lot of the characters too.

The way I figured how things happened off the island was Kate helped Claire get back on her feet as a mother, but then stepped out of the picture because not only did she need to move on, but I think having Kate there would have only confused Aaron. That's how I pictured it.

Something that annoyed me with how they made Jack was Jack being hesitant towards Aaron being his nephew, it was nice that Jack finally got over it, but I hated how Jack didn't get closure with Claire, I get he had A LOT on his place, but still.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, Jack did not get any closure with Claire at ALL. On or off island. Maybe they whacked it in a deleted scene and it'll be on the DVDs... I dunno; but that's definitely one of the biggest let downs of the show. This massive reveal that two of the survivors turn out to be related! And then... nothin...

But I agree, I think Kate would eventually have stepped back from Aaron's life. He has his mother and grandmother, and Kate has said she shouldn't have raised him. I would have also like closure with Kate and Kevin :S Because I feel like he was the first person Kate really loved and was devastated to leave; but had to.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Yeh, Jack did not get any closure with Claire at ALL. On or off island. Maybe they whacked it in a deleted scene and it'll be on the DVDs... I dunno; but that's definitely one of the biggest let downs of the show. This massive reveal that two of the survivors turn out to be related! And then... nothin...

But I agree, I think Kate would eventually have stepped back from Aaron's life. He has his mother and grandmother, and Kate has said she shouldn't have raised him. I would have also like closure with Kate and Kevin :S Because I feel like he was the first person Kate really loved and was devastated to leave; but had to.

I agree about Kevin, but I think the first one Kate really did love was Tom, I think his death because he wouldn't leave her side is what drove her to believe she wasn't good enough for anyone 'good'.

I didn't like the Marshall, I think his need to track her down was more because he had a weird obsession/attraction to her rather then arresting a criminal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: