Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wickedgal wrote:
As everyone knows, I loved the PB&J scene. But I also loved the mini-so-tiny-you-might-have-missed-it, Kate/Charlie scene. I loved her staring at him and remembering.
Is it just me or is the way she said 'thank you' heavy with implications? I think it's just me reading too much into it. I love the idea, and I plan to write a fic about it, that she's saying more than just thanks for bringing the blanket. She's saying thank you for him giving up his life for them; for loving and looking after Claire and so rewards him by giving him his memories back.
Ok, reading that back it sounds corny and cheesy and slightly like I'm rooting for Chate but I loved the look she gave him.
I also loved the hugs that didn't quite take centre stage in the montage - the Boone/Sawyer hug was just adorable and so was the Sayid/Charlie hug to name but a few

What was so great about that scene was he does that when Claire gives birth on the island, kind of watches from afar. So I liked that allusion back to the first season.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too, Amy! I loved that bit. And I just love how Charlie doesn't understand why he's so emotional until he sits down with Claire, lol.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rewatched the finale with my parents tonight and my dad is absolutely convinced (as in would not listen to me when I tried to argue) that everyone died in the plane crash and that their deaths on the island reflected the way they died (eg. Sayid exploded, Charlie drowned, Jack bled to death). Which would be a valid theory if it wasn't for the fact that half the characters in or around the church at the end weren't even on the plane (eg. Ben, Juliet, Desmond, Penny).

A man who has spent the last six years complaining about how complicated and confusing Lost is decides to go with the most complicated and confusing (and inconsistent) theory on the finale that I've ever heard?

Did anyone else interpret it that way? Or think it was even left open to interpretation?

Personally I thought Christian's speech was pretty self explanatory: everything that happened to them on the island was real but they were all dead now, only they died at different times (eg. Boone first, then Shannon, then Libby, and eventually Jack, all the way up to Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Aaron and Hurley who were the only ones still alive at the end) which is what Kate hinted at when she told Jack she'd missed him. I mean would she really miss him if they both died at the same time without ever really knowing each other?

Oh yeah, he also thinks she stole Jack's pen on the plane and that's really how he knows her, but that somehow he felt connected to her so he worked her into his dream as he was dying along with everything else.

Is it just me or is that completely backwards? The parts that were real weren't and the parts that weren't supposed to be real were?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Sam, that makes absolutely no sense!! My sis in law thinks that Franks plane crashed after Jack died b/c they showed the plane wreckage after Jack closed his eyes but I told her that was the old wreckage. Right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know because I never saw it!

The credits were cut off on the version I downloaded and then when I tried to see it on tv they did that annoying split screen thing where they show an ad for some other program.

But my dad thinks that Frank's plane crashed too and that's how Kate and Sawyer and everyone else died. That doesn't make any sense either though because it would mean Kate died like five minutes after Jack and therefore wouldn't have time to miss him much!

My guess would be that it was either the original 815 wreckage or the wreckage of a plane that came some time after when Hurley was in charge because the MIB and his mother both said "they come, they fight, they corrupt but it always ends the same way".
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh can't believe I haven't commented on this episode yet,
Well I've had a couple of reactions to this, I just cannot get over how great the show was and is
With watching it for a second knowing the twist, it was different but still very enjoyable
The flashes with all the couples (apart from jate lol ) were amazing, I cried through the PB&J and Jun ones lol.
A very touching and amazing episode
I was sorta shocked at flocke's death I was expecting it to be a bit more epic lol, I did love that Hurley was given the role of looking after the island it seemed nice that he had finally been given something of major importance
An amazing end to an amazing show
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, Jate had already gotten their epic romantic ("Kate makes her choice") scene when they said goodbye on the cliff so Darlton was willing to sacrifice them having a similiar moment in the FS (which to non-shippers would have felt redundant) for the sake of Jack's journey. In order for the ending to work, they needed to have the scene with Christian so that Jack could finally realise that his father loved him and was proud of him and so that they could pay off his sacrifice and the whole "No one does it alone" / "You needed all of them and they needed you" / "The most important time of your life was the time you spent with these people" thing.

The Jate was still there, it was just subtler because their (and Jack's) story has always been able more than just them. That's sort of the tragedy of it (and heroes in general). Kate loved him but in the end she could never really be with him because he was meant for bigger things. I think her role in the FS was more like Desmond's: to get him where he needed to be so that he could remember, rather than to make him remember because he couldn't remember her without remembering all of the things he was struggling to let go of like the island and the fact that he gave up everything including the chance to be with her to save it. That's why he blocked the flashes like he did with Locke. Plus, you know, if you'd asked him if he believed in the afterlife while he was alive he'd tell you you were insane.

I'm sure there are people who will disagree and say that that makes Jate less real or meaningful than a lot of the minor ships who remembered each other right away, but I just wanted to say that as a Jater, I didn't feel gyped at all because I've always understood that it was about the journey and to me what we got was so much better than what I was expecting when I thought it was just a parallel universe. The last scene was so true to Jack's character (making sure that everyone else - including all the people he couldn't save - was okay before he could be at peace himself) and when we finally got our moment in the church it was simple and beautiful (and in slo mo).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
lol Sam, that makes absolutely no sense!! My sis in law thinks that Franks plane crashed after Jack died b/c they showed the plane wreckage after Jack closed his eyes but I told her that was the old wreckage. Right?

I didn't see a plane crash, I saw the plane fly over the island (AKA Jack's view) Jack smiled and then we closed in on Jack's eye.

But it wouldn't make sense for the plane to crash 5 minutes right after Jack's death.

Honestly they implied that Kate died years later.

They showed the aftermath of the original Oceanic 815 plane crash after the episode, but it wasn't part of the episode.

"Some before you and some long after you." I saw it the same way. Some died before Jack while others died after him.

I think Aaron was part of their 'circle'. Otherwise they could have simply just made Claire not pregnant. I mean sure some aspects of their lives in the alt were the same, some were very different.

Aaron was a huge part of a lot of their lives. Jack was his nephew, Kate was his mother probably 'auntie Kate' after Claire got home. Sawyer used to read to him, and so on.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack was Aaron's nephew?!

That reminds me all the weird time travel theories I've heard like that Charlie Hume was either Charlie Pace or Charles Widmore (and therefore his own grandpa) or that Kate was going to get pregnant by Jack and give birth to herself in the seventies! Wtf?! Not only does tha make no sense but it would mean Jate is incest.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
Jack was Aaron's nephew?!

That reminds me all the weird time travel theories I've heard like that Charlie Hume was either Charlie Pace or Charles Widmore (and therefore his own grandpa) or that Kate was going to get pregnant by Jack and give birth to herself in the seventies! Wtf?! Not only does tha make no sense but it would mean Jate is incest.

*dies laughing at thought of Kate giving birth to herself*

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I have a thought too. If when the characters died, they ended up in that "afterlife...thing", then what were the "ghosts" on and off the island? Like Charlie who visited Hurley in S4, he had all his memories and he was definitely Charlie, right?

I am confused. And it bothers me I have no idea where they "went" at the end in the church. I'd of liked it if they stayed in the alt!world thing really and lived their happy lives there
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Hmm, I have a thought too. If when the characters died, they ended up in that "afterlife...thing", then what were the "ghosts" on and off the island? Like Charlie who visited Hurley in S4, he had all his memories and he was definitely Charlie, right?

I am confused. And it bothers me I have no idea where they "went" at the end in the church. I'd of liked it if they stayed in the alt!world thing really and lived their happy lives there

I would have preferred if they did live out their lives there, but I think they eventually follow Christian.

Because they alluded to them 'leaving' a few times. I think the ALT Universe was just their holding place until they all found one another.

I kind of think they had to all be dead in order for it to happen.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's something relevant to the whole plot but i noticed the fact that Kate stole Jack's pen in their afterlife/sideways/purgatory life and when the actual plane crushed Jack was running around looking or a pen?Well no running but telling Boone to find one....just something i noticed and i wanted to share it with you
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Sawyer turns the candy bar machine on and off it was like taking the big stone out of the light and putting it back again. They like to put little references in to bigger things
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borislava wrote:
I don't think that's something relevant to the whole plot but i noticed the fact that Kate stole Jack's pen in their afterlife/sideways/purgatory life and when the actual plane crushed Jack was running around looking or a pen?Well no running but telling Boone to find one....just something i noticed and i wanted to share it with you

LOL! I always thought Jack was kidding. "Yeah got a pen?" the way he stated it was like "Good luck finding a pen in this mess."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: