Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Council
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: 6x17/18 - The End Reply with quote

The series finale.

This is truly the end of an era as the final episode of Lost airs. For so many of us, Lost has been much more than a mere show, even more than a cultural phenomenon, it's been something that's become uniquely each of ours through all of the vids we've made about it, all of the fan art and fics, and all of the many discussions we've taken part in about it. It's been a force that has brought us all together and introduced us to people we would've never met otherwise who have become wonderful, close friends.

Hopefully, the finale will provide some very lively (but always respectful ) discussion. Don't forget, whatever the outcome of your favorite characters or ships, there will always be somebody out there who loves their character/ship just as much. No doubt people will have hurt feelings over the final fate of their favorites, so let's please be aware of each other's feelings. Bashing of any sort (whether character, ship or actor) is definitely NOT allowed here. We've always been a friendly, fantastic bunch of people here and we want to remain that way to the end and beyond.

And speaking of beyond, we want to remind you that just because Lost is ending, LVI most certainly is not! We have a lot in the works behind the scenes that will take us far Beyond this final episode. Be sure to stay tuned! We'll reveal more about our plans as soon as we can.

A final reminder about spoilery icons/banners & spoilers in general. Not everybody will have the chance to see the finale right away so let's try to be especially careful not to spoil the end of the show for them if we possibly can.

Thank you so much for everything you've brought here to LVI over the past 6 years. A site like this is built on the strength of its members and we've been fortunate to have some awesome vidders here in all of these years!

Now on with the discussion of whatever mind-blowing twists this final episode of this amazing show has to offer us!

The LVI Council
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say I really appreciate this site.

I appreciate you guys helping us with our problems, clips, songs, you guys are amazing here.

I really like the fact that you aren't closing your doors. I have that issue when shows end and when a show end some sites just close down, so I really love that you guys are leaving this place open, I'll still come, make Lost videos.

Thank you.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*has boxes of tissues standing by*

I guess I never really expected the final episode to get here! But here's hoping that it's amazing!

*hugs everybody* ♥!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you, Brooke! That's really sweet of you to say all of that! *hugs*

Lost is such an amazing show for vidders, there's just so much that you can do with it! We're anticipating that it'll continue to be vidded for a long while after the final ep has aired.

So yes, we'll still be here even though the show will end. We have such an awesome community of people here, I hope that we'll all still get together and talk and share our vids (both Lost and other fandom ones) and still have the same sort of fun and camaraderie for a long, long time that we've had here while Lost was still going! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Aw, thank you, Brooke! That's really sweet of you to say all of that! *hugs*

Lost is such an amazing show for vidders, there's just so much that you can do with it! We're anticipating that it'll continue to be vidded for a long while after the final ep has aired.

So yes, we'll still be here even though the show will end. We have such an awesome community of people here, I hope that we'll all still get together and talk and share our vids (both Lost and other fandom ones) and still have the same sort of fun and camaraderie for a long, long time that we've had here while Lost was still going! ♥!

Your welcome! I really love coming to this place, there's so many great people.

It is an amazing show for vidders you can doa vid about an island, or not, it's got so much potentinal. It's amazing. I think it will be vidded for a long time after the ep has aired too.

And what's nice is this place isn't just about Lost there is so much other stuff going on here.

Besides I have a feeling Matthew Fox will be in other movies and that will be good footage for me to use. LOL.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being at this site is one of the things that helped cement how special of a place Lost holds in my heart. There are some horrible people on the internet but not here. Everybody on this site is friendly, easy to talk to and happy to help.

I just want to thank you guys for giving me a place to talk about Lost with people who are equally invested in the show.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it's really here! I'm so excited to see it but so sad that's going to be over!

Lost & LVI have been a part of my life for the past 6 years, and I will definitely still be here for a long, long time!

*hugs to everyone*
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost has been a complete and utter obsession for me. So it's kinda positive thing that it is ending in a way because now I actually get to have a life I am going to miss it terribly though and I will always be on the lookout for some new mystery shows because that's what really got me excited about Lost.

LVI is an amazing place and the people here are just the best you'll find. Glad you guys are continuing after Lost because the internet needs more places like this as Becca said.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very rare you get a site like this where everyone, no matter where they come from, is united not just the love of a fantastic show but by the fantastic support everyone shows. I think LVI is like the island on the lost in a way; no matter what else goes on in our lives, we all still end up back on it. LOL! I completely made that up loool ;P

I am going to miss the show and I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's been a hell of a ride. Like the characters on Lost, I'm embarking on a new journey in life so I might not be on as much but I'll still keep coming back on because this is, without a doubt, the best internet site dedicated to a show out there. Thank you to all the friends I've made here for making me feel welcome on here.

Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD YOU GUYSSSSS

seriously though, this has been 6 years in the making and I'm so excited/nervous and sad and it's just crazy! This place is awesome and I'm sos glad I joined and met some awesome people!

I'm going to be bi-polar all day. I'm setting my alarm for 4.30am to watch it live and I'll be lucky if I get any sleep at all!!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty much absent from posting anything on this page for two or three years now, but this page, these people, is what Lost is to me. Pure love to a story that has captured millions of people like us and brought us together. I am very and forever grateful to the creators of Lost for bringing us the joy that has been Lost, and of course grateful to the creators of LVI for bringing people together through vidding. It's been a pleasure watching (and once in a while doing) the vids all these years.

It's been five years since I registered, and little over five and a half years since I watched the pilot episode. I have without a doubt grown up with this show and it absolutely feels like the end of an era. From being 13 years old to turning 19 years - it is a period in your life you never forget. And I am truly happy Lost has been a great part of that.

Tomorrow morning (I hate time difference) I'm gonna sit together with two of my best friends to watch it. I'm gonna have trouble not crying throughout the entire day

Thanks to all of you on LVI, those who I've come to know and those I haven't. We're all like a big family really.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sniffle* Awwwww, don't make me cry yet!! I love you LVI people. And as for Lost....I started watching the show after the third season aired, catching up with the DVDs. I was a sophomore in high school. Now I'm a senior about to graduate and it feels like Lost is something else I'm leaving behind with all the high school memories.

I'll never forget LVI, and I'm so glad it's going to stay active! I was afraid after the show ended, this site would dwindle down to nothing.

art by me&tammy
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Hi, remember me?! My apologies for not being around on this site so much anymore, I always intend to find the time but well look where that has gotten me. However I couldn't let this epic end of an era occasion pass by without popping my head in here.

LOST will always be for me much more than just the uniquely fantastic tv show that it is, it's been an experience and a very brilliant one at that. I may not be quite as active in the fandom, particularly here, as I would like to be anymore but that's not to say it hasn't left a huge mark on my heart. And LVI and it's members will always hold special place there. Am I getting too soppy?!

Anyways I just want to thank LVI and all you fantastic vidders I'm lucky enough to call my friends for making LOST even more special for me.

So, I hope all you guys enjoy the finale, it's gonna be EPIC!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash! *glomp*

I feel like I should add something in here too I really can't believe the end is here, as inevitible as it was, this is just really hard to accept. I've had my ups and downs with this show and I've stuck with it. I still remember when I started watching and was hooked straight away. This show has had such an impact on me and many others. It's gonna be so difficult to say goodbye.

Echoing what everybody else has said, I'm so happy to have been a part of this show and this community in particular. If it hadn't of been for Lost, I would never have met so many of my online friends, I would never have been interested in vidding, writing fanfic etc etc. It's amazing how much this show has inspired it's viewers. And I just wanted to say how happy I am to have been a part of it, to have been a part of this site and met so many awesome people.

Through all the squeeing, WTF moments, crying, and complaining, it's been fantastic. Even when I was let down and disappointed by some aspects I'm glad I stuck around. It's been a heluva ride.

And on that note, I'd also like to remind people that no matter how amazing this finale will be to please continue using spoiler tags so as not to ruin it for anyone else! I know they're showing it at 5am on Sky so it's on at the same time as the US but, well, I wouldn't even get up at 5am if my house was on fire
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Ash! *glomp*

I know they're showing it at 5am on Sky so it's on at the same time as the US but, well, I wouldn't even get up at 5am if my house was on fire

*HURLEY HUGGLES*

haha, so you're not getting up?!?! I'd rather be tired at work all day than miss this, we're actually getting something at the same time as the US!!! YAY!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: