Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best series finales I have ever witnessed.

I cried so many times.

It was nice to learn how important these people were to one another.

I wanted Ben to die, not gonna lie but he so redeemed himself in this episode more than once.

I wasn't surprised when Hurley took over, I had a strong feeling it should have been him in the first place.

I was glad to see MIB go, but kinda sad he never got a name. But he just got more annoying towards the end.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really happy Jack died. And I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I liked him by the end. It was just such a great, noble, fitting end for him. I was really happy about it.

And Hurley and Ben are like the new Jacob and Richard! That's how I saw it anyway. That seemed to really fit as well.

God, I love these characters, I really do. I'm gonna miss them so much!!!!

icon by becca
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlies_Innocence wrote:
I was really happy Jack died. And I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I liked him by the end. It was just such a great, noble, fitting end for him. I was really happy about it.

And Hurley and Ben are like the new Jacob and Richard! That's how I saw it anyway. That seemed to really fit as well.

God, I love these characters, I really do. I'm gonna miss them so much!!!!

Matthew Fox thought he'd die too. He said that in an interview.

Did you see Ben's face when Hurley asked for help? So sweet, they were buddies!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That was a perfect way to end the series. I really don't know what else to say. It took all of the manliness in me not to start crying at the end. It was a very moving ending.

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a joke. So apparently nothing has to make coherent sense and you can have a complete pull-it-out-of-thin-air literal deus ex machina?

I'll be sitting over here in the 'dissatisfied, but not in a cool Prisoner/Twin Peaks way' corner. All of you who were happy with the finale, enjoy yourselves! (I mean that honestly.) I wish I could count myself amongst that number.

The only thing I did like was the one Prisoner reference:

"Dude, you made a good Number Two."
"Hugo, you made a great Number One."

Paul will get that, if nobody else does! Off to start a critique thread so as not to disrupt anyone's good vibes.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely incredible. That's really all I can say right now. Just utterly amazing.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could tell what Jorge was talking about, they knew the finale image, AKA Jack's eye closing. Which I thought was well thought out.
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How epic was that cliff side battle scene with Locke and Jack? Bender is a fuckin genius.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC Productions wrote:
How epic was that cliff side battle scene with Locke and Jack? Bender is a fuckin genius.

F%#@%*$ EPIC!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For someone who hasn't really loved (or, hell, even the liked) the show since about the end of S2, I actually quite enjoyed the finale.

Of course, they didn't really explain any of the mysteries in these 2 eps and I really didn't appreciate their ships being shoved down my throat (I do not care for Jack/Kate or Sawyer/Juliet - there I said it!), but I think they did the characters justice.

It was really nice to see Shannon again! Haven't seen her since 2x06!!! (Where the heck was Ana Lucia though? Seemed a bit unfair that everyone was included except her. Did the fans hate her that much!?)

Anyway, those are my 2 cents for now...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
For someone who hasn't really loved (or, hell, even the liked) the show since about the end of S2, I actually quite enjoyed the finale.

Of course, they didn't really explain any of the mysteries in these 2 eps and I really didn't appreciate their ships being shoved down my throat (I do not care for Jack/Kate or Sawyer/Juliet - there I said it!), but I think they did the characters justice.

It was really nice to see Shannon again! Haven't seen her since 2x06!!! (Where the heck was Ana Lucia though? Seemed a bit unfair that everyone was included except her. Did the fans hate her that much!?)

Anyway, those are my 2 cents for now...

I don't think Ana Lucia was well liked (She was in this season). But Nikki and Paulo weren't there either.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was kind of bumming that the alt reality took up more the time then the actual story but it was a good series finale.

I am one who liked it but if you are going to do a show about questions and answers. ANSWER the important questions.

Damon I think got a little peeved by the fans who wanted answers and is why they don't like the Fine Bros. But you can't build a show on a mysterious island throwing a lot of questions saying 'we'll answer them' and don't get around to it.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! I think that was just epic!! I loved that the sideways world turned out to be a place they created to find each other again!! I thought it was such a beautiful idea!! Everything I was hoping for pretty much happened aside from Jack dying. I was sad that Jack and Kate didn't have a longer time together in the real world but at least she got to go home and be with Aaron again and help Claire raise him! I didn't think the Suliet reunion would effect me like it did!! I started bawling but not as much as that end shot when Jack closed his eyes!! I just Lost it!!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Wow!! I think that was just epic!! I loved that the sideways world turned out to be a place they created to find eachother again!! Everything I was hoping for pretty much happened aside from Jack dying but he and Kate find eachother in the end so I was very satisfied with that!! I didn't think the Suliet reunion would effect me like it did!! I started bawling but not as much as that end shot when Jack closed his eyes!! I just Lost it!!

Charlie/Clare Jack/Kate and Sawyer/Suliet effected me.

I was upset he died, but I had a strong feeling he would. Before season 5 came on Matthew said he thought Jack woudl die and I believed him because they kept saying he knew the finale image, which I don't think they should have told him.

But I was very much satisfied with Jate. I was glad she finally told him she loved him.

And I realized whens he said 'I have missed you so much' was because she most likely died years after getting off the island.

It was so beautiful.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just edited my post to add that I loved that Kate got to go home and be with Aaron again! That just made me soo happy! and made the Jack dying part hurt a little less!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: