Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Times Talks: Lost (Live)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Times Talks: Lost (Live) Reply with quote

Did anyone else go? If so, what did you think?

Here's my re-cap and thoughts:

Spoiler:

We were in a small theater that was maybe 1/3 full. It was fun to see people walk in wearing Lost t-shirts. The interviewer started by asking questions about how they went about crafting the finale. It was very evident that they care a lot about the show and do care about what the fans will think, but also know that they can't (and won't) please everyone. Damon kept making a lot of nerd jokes: mostly Star Wars and D&D reverences.

They showed a few clips from earlier seasons and talked a little about how they fit into the big picture. The first was Jack and Locke arguing about pushing the button including the "why do you find it so hard to believe"/"why do you find it so easy" scene. They talked about how a major theme in the show has been faith vs reason and how Jack and Locke have switched places in that sense.

The next clip was Desmond talking to Penny when he was on the freighter. (I cried like a baby...) And they talked about how that scene resonated, and a little bit about the importance of the constants, then switched to talking about beginning to craft the time travel elements using the Des/Charlie arch. They also talked about how difficult it is to kill characters and Carlton said when they watched Charlie's death scene he thought, "We're bastards!"

The third clip was when Miles was trying to explain time travel to Hurley in 1977. They talked about the use of characters to ask questions the audience might also have, and then Damon talked about what they call in the writer's room "Johnny the Explainer" which is basically a character that comes along and explains something that's going on, like Eloise did with Desmond.

The interviewer asked which character they most enjoyed writing and Carlton answered Ben, and then Michael Emerson walked out on stage to much fanfare. Later they were each asked who their favorite character was. Damon said it changes (he was great at not actually answering a question but somehow leaving you fulfilled with his answer), I think Carlton said Mr. Eko, and Michael Emerson said he was really enjoying Hurley, and then of course Jorge Garcia comes out to equal fanfare.

There were some fan questions. One asked about Aaron being "special" and whether that would be addressed, and Damon reminded us that the person who said he was "special" and that Claire should raise him turned out to be a fake psychic and was therefore unreliable. She also had asked why the Others were interested in him and he said it was simply because Claire was so far along in her pregnancy and not dying and they wanted to study them and understand why. So, that questionw as already answered and I think that is actually true of a lot of outstanding questions. I can't remember any of the other fan questions at the moment.

One thing that sticks out in my mind is that Damon and Carlton said they cried when they watched the orchestra record the music for the final scene of the finale. Damon was apparently asked to leave because he was crying so loud. XD

And then they showed us a 1 1/2 minute clip of the finale. I won't put it here since it's the "no spoilers" board, but if anyone wants to know I can post it there. Really there wasn't anything spoilery, but I guess it depends on what you consider spoilers. What I can say is that for about the first 80 seconds it was cool but nothing we didn't already know, for the most part. It was the last 10 seconds where the whole audience erupted in gasps and excited screams. Like I said, it wasn't even a spoiler exactly, but a clue, I guess you could say.

It was soooo much fun! I'm so glad I got to go!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you go?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went. It was pretty fun! Our theater was about 1/3 full too. I would say more about it, but Julia's explanation just about covers everything. Except that Michael Emerson said his favorite character was Mistereko (that he has always been partial to him). He said he liked working with Jorge lately, but that was a different question.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I went. It was pretty fun! Our theater was about 1/3 full too. I would say more about it, but Julia's explanation just about covers everything. Except that Michael Emerson said his favorite character was Mistereko (that he has always been partial to him). He said he liked working with Jorge lately, but that was a different question.

My theater didn't have this. I would have gone, awesome you got to go.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, thanks for that correction, Allie!

Brooke, I went in Orlando where there were a few theaters playing it. I didn't even find out about it until a few days ago, so I felt really lucky to have gotten to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: