Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x16 - What They Died For
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Kate, you're not alone! I don't trust Jacob either!! He just always creeped me out. As does MiB, I don't trust either of them.

I don't think Richard's dead either. We didn't see his body ripped to shreds or something. Plus, deaths in lost are SHOWN. Charlie, Shannon, Boone, Jun, Ana, Libby, etc. We SAW them die and/or be buried. Plus as you said Abby, if Smokie could kill him; why not ages ago? Maybe we'll get some pithy reason like "I didn't need him anymore/he'd served his purpose" or something :S

I don't think Jacob was lying per say with what he said to Kate... nah, maybe I do. I definitely don't think that's the reason she was crossed off of the wall. I think he GAVE her that as a reason; but I don't think that's it.

Why couldn't a mother be a candidate anyway? Do I have to go all feminist here and pull the 'women can work and raise a kid' card? I don't see it as a 'valid' reason for someone not being a candidate. And is it just a mother? Sawyer's a father and Jack is a father in alt-verse, does that count for anything? Seemed like just a flyaway line to me.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't think that's anti feminism, him crossing her off for being a mother.

It's not like it's just any job.

I think he crossed her off because she's pregnant. I thought she was pregnant for the longest time. I think he crossed her off because she's pregnant.

He claimed when she became a mother, granted she was a mother to Aaron, but Claire could be his mother and Kate could be the candidate, I think she's pregnant.

If she was pregnant and made her a candidate, she couldn't have that baby.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said a few pages back that Jabies was my first thought when jacob said that If she is pregnant, what he says made sense to me, pregnant women dying on the island and stuff, but if it was in regards to Aaron; Aaron is being raised by Carole and, hopefully, Claire, so Kate no longer has that 'mother' title, if ya know what I mean, so unless she is pregnant, I dont see why she can't still be considered a candidate.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I said a few pages back that Jabies was my first thought when jacob said that If she is pregnant, what he says made sense to me, pregnant women dying on the island and stuff, but if it was in regards to Aaron; Aaron is being raised by Carole and, hopefully, Claire, so Kate no longer has that 'mother' title, if ya know what I mean, so unless she is pregnant, I dont see why she can't still be considered a candidate.

That's why I don't think it's in regards to Aaron because I view her as Aaron's adoptive mother, Claire is still alive, and is trying to be with her son so I really didn't think it had to do with him.

There are all these speculations that Kate is pregnant. And this is another one.

I was like "Ooh they had sex, that'd be cool if she was."

The scene when Kate is going with Jack about the bomb, the only reason she didn't go was because she had to swim to get to the temple, Kate turned that down? Action girl? LOL. She was even like "Can't we go around it."

And with the David in the Alt, and Hurley telling Jack he thought he and Kate would have a lot of kids and Jack was like "It'd be a terrible father."

Just makes me believe he scratched her name off the list because she's pregnant. Because otherwise why show us him meeting Kate? I think he crossed her name off recently.

I want her to be pregnant SO bad.

Like when she was being stitched up and grabbed Jack's arm I was like "Just tell him your pregnant already!"
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol; i went through this with Samara while back, timeline wise, if she even would know she's pregnant yet. I think she could; but it's unlikely. I'm thinking someone else, Jacob/MiB, will tell her that she's pregnant if it happens. Because it's been, what, 2 weeks max since she had sex with Jack? Not to go all gross for the guys on here, but if she was expecting her period that week she had sex with Jack, and it didn't come, by now she might be thinking she's pregnant... I dunno, i want her to be pregnant so bad too!!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Lol; i went through this with Samara while back, timeline wise, if she even would know she's pregnant yet. I think she could; but it's unlikely. I'm thinking someone else, Jacob/MiB, will tell her that she's pregnant if it happens. Because it's been, what, 2 weeks max since she had sex with Jack? Not to go all gross for the guys on here, but if she was expecting her period that week she had sex with Jack, and it didn't come, by now she might be thinking she's pregnant... I dunno, i want her to be pregnant so bad too!!

She's already proven she could be a good mother.

I don't know what Jack is smoking but I think he'd be a good father. LOL.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why this show is so hard because it's really hard to tell HOW long it's been. A whole season on that show is often just a few days. LOL.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Why couldn't a mother be a candidate anyway? Do I have to go all feminist here and pull the 'women can work and raise a kid' card? I don't see it as a 'valid' reason for someone not being a candidate. And is it just a mother? Sawyer's a father and Jack is a father in alt-verse, does that count for anything? Seemed like just a flyaway line to me.

When I saw that scene, I honestly thought it was something done out of respect as common courtesy, not because he thought you couldn't be a mother and have the job. It was him saying "she'd rather be with her child and it's not fair for me to ask her to raise her child on the island" not that she couldn't do it while being a mother. Because he did offer her the job directly after saying that marking her name out meant nothing, if she wanted it, she had the job. It was a courtesy, but it wasn't a "rule" that mothers couldn't do it. She wasn't alone anymore, so she wasn't a candidate, but like I said, the job was still open to her. I also think that she's probably pregnant and it didn't ALL have to do with Aaron.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Fri May 21, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
littleton_pace wrote:

When I saw that scene, I honestly thought it was something done out of respect as common courtesy, not because he thought you couldn't be a mother and have the job. It was him saying "she'd rather be with her child and it's not fair for me to ask her to raise her child on the island" not that she couldn't do it while being a mother. Because he did offer her the job directly after saying that marking her name out meant nothing, if she wanted it, she had the job. It was a courtesy, but it wasn't a "rule" that mothers couldn't do it. I also think that she's probably pregnant and it didn't have to do with Aaron.

That's what I thought too, if it was about Aaron.

But I too, think she's pregnant.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Neither Jacob nor MIB strike me as liars. MIB strikes me as someone who twists the truth to manipulate and to make things seem to be more in his favor. Jacob tells the truth, straight up. I mean, he didn't even try to deny that he'd created the monster or anything. I dunno, I just get the feeling that lying hasn't even occured to Jacob.

Jacob walks a fine line though. It's more what he doesn't tell people than he lies. He didn't bother warning anyone at the temple that they were about to be massacred even though they were his loyal followers. He also declined to tell Hurley or Jack this because he just wanted to protect his precious candidates.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Kate, I went by what Jacob said, "I chose you because you were like me, you were all alone. You were all looking for something you couldn't find out there. I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you."

Then when she asked why she was crossed off the wall, he said, "Because you became a mother. But it's just a line of chalk in a cave. The job is yours if you want it, Kate."

So I figured he meant that he'd crossed her off the list because she had Aaron to look out for, she was no longer alone and she had somebody who needed her more than the Island did.

Of course, that brings up the usual arguments about Kate and Aaron. But I don't think it's fair to say that an adoptive mom isn't a "real" mother. Kate didn't bop Claire over the head and steal Aaron from her, after all. She admitted that she made a mistake in not giving him to Claire's mom but it certainly looked like she took good care of him and loved him in the years she had him. She was as "real" of a mom in that way as she would've been if he would've been her biological son.

Anyway, back on topic, Jacob was willing to give her the job then and there, so I don't think that necessarily means she HAS to be pregnant right now. If she is pregnant, though, and she would've taken the job, would she have still had the same problems with dying that the other pregnant women have had? Do we know for sure what was causing that and has it been fixed? If not, that would seem strange for Jacob to have offered her a job that was going to kill her in a few months!

I guess we'll find out about everything soon enough, huh?
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of pregnant women and the island.

I really do hope that is answered only because it took a huge part in this show. I would be disappointed in the finale if that was never touched up again.

Things that have been a HUGE part of the show I want to be answered or touched upon, smaller things I really don't care about but they've been going on and on about pregnant women early on in the show.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Jacob said he'd crossed Kate off the list because she became a mother, I just assumed it was because she wasn't alone anymore. Because remember he said he pulled everyone there because they were all alone, and they needed the island.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone else was just causalities. Basically in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
So everyone else was just causalities. Basically in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't know if that's true. We don't know, some people who died in the crash could have been candidates, too. It's possible that everyone on Flight 815 was a candidate.

Of course it could be true, I'm just saying it's not necessarily true that Jacob just threw all those other lives aside. I mean, wasn't even Nikki's name written on the wall with the other candidates?

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: