Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x16 - What They Died For
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on behalf of Millie....

lol, its so damn appropriate. jacob is jearing too!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! What is that gif from?

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great episode last night!!

I dunno about the rest of you but pfftt....I don't think Richard is dead. For one thing, they would have given him a better death scene, for another, if Richard could die that easily, wouldn't he have gotten killed a long time ago? He ain't gone!

LOVED the scene with Jacob explaining why they were chosen. So perfect. I kinda liked how there wasn't some big giant explanation of why Kate had been crossed off. Just because she became a mother. That's reason enough.

How adorable were Alex and Ben in the altiverse?! I loved her hair. ^^ Anyone else think she's kinda tyring to set him up with her mom? Tehe. I personally wouldn't be inviting my teacher over for dinner, but I like the idea of her trying to set him up with her mom. Danielle actually looked nice in normal clothes/hair! Who knew?

Was slightly disappointed we didn't see any dead people other than Ana-Lulu in the flash-sideways. Sorry....I don't like Ana.

So I suppose everyone's gonna end up at that concert - and then what?! Eee! Can't wait to see!

art by me&tammy
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
on behalf of Millie....

lol, its so damn appropriate. jacob is jearing too!

where is that from?? I must find that clip for a video I'm planning
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
Ben, to me is one of the bad guys. He doesn't care about the island, the only thing he cares about is HAVING the island. Ben is a great character, but I am tired of him stepping all over everyone to get what he wants.

I don't get why Ben wouldn't allow him back on the island anyway, I mean a lot of this mess would have been eliminated.

Ben was played, again. His own fault for trusting MIB.

Okay, Ben is like my favorite character, so I have to really respond to this. And I think the best way is by quoting this week's "Things I Noticed":

Quote:
Ben betrays Widmore, and not out of his lust for power OR service to the man in black. His hatred for Charles stems back to the belief his enemy was directly responsible for the death of his daughter, Alex. Ben sells Widmore to Flocke out of pure spiteful revenge, wanting to both see and hear Widmore's screams as the monster tears him to pieces. And when it appears this might not happen? Ben takes matters directly into his own hands.

Ever the scheming opportunist, Ben ensures his longevity by asking the monster "Did you say there were some other people to kill?" With Widmore gone and his plan revealed, Ben knows that the dark man has very little need for allies at this point. There are still some candidates Flocke can't touch directly, however, and I like to think that Ben somehow knows this. Maybe he's playing up to the monster to keep himself alive.

Ben's a character that's already seen some level of redemption. If Illana accomplished nothing else, bringing Ben back from the brink of the dark side seemed to be kind of important. I'm pretty sure he's playing the monster here, and that he'll betray it in the end. Ben's good at really playing people, and it would be great to watch him play the man in black into a very bad situation.

People are entitled to think that Ben is truly evil. I don't doubt our turn a blind eye to the fact that he's done some pretty terrible things in his day and age. But the thing is - if he was just out for power & out to rule the island and that was his one and only motivation, he would be a pretty lame character. Part of the reason Ben is so awesome (at least in my eyes) is because he's so complex. He has no qualms with killing, his morality is warped, but as Alex showed - he's capable of loving something other than himself.

And recently, like Vozzek said above - he's been redeemed in away. He's a man who figured out too late what really mattered and lost pretty much everything he cared about. After all this build up with Alex's death & the stuff in the alt-verse, for the writers to go back on all of that and make Ben's final motivation to just be completely evil - I think that would just be rediculous.

That said, remember that Ben always has something up his sleeve. I think it was made fairly obvious that Ben isn't following the monster because he's just given up & pledged his allegiance to Locke. Like Vozzek said, I think that Ben is playing the monster & not the other way around.....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as Ben doesn't kill Kate he's okay in my book. I'm hoping he will betray Flocke and save the day!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want him and danielle to get it on.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I dunno about the rest of you but pfftt....I don't think Richard is dead. For one thing, they would have given him a better death scene,

I thought the same thing with Sayid and look at what happened. Just "Oh OK, he's dead now" last episode. I'm still not entirely convinced he's dead, but I don't know.

Quote:
I kinda liked how there wasn't some big giant explanation of why Kate had been crossed off. Just because she became a mother. That's reason enough.

Not for me. I think Jacob is lying there. Then again, I distrust Jacob, which apparently makes me alone in the universe--or at least on this forum. (OK, not really alone, but seriously, am I the only one who gets the heebie-jeebies with him?)

Quote:
Was slightly disappointed we didn't see any dead people other than Ana-Lulu in the flash-sideways. Sorry....I don't like Ana.

So I suppose everyone's gonna end up at that concert - and then what?! Eee! Can't wait to see!

I thopught the way we saw her was weak. I expected more than the final five minutes. I am neutral towards Ana, as opposed to flat dislike, but I thought that scene was less than stellar: Not much to bother showing up again for in the show's canon. Cripes, even Libby got more facetime than she did.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Jacob nor MIB strike me as liars. MIB strikes me as someone who twists the truth to manipulate and to make things seem to be more in his favor. Jacob tells the truth, straight up. I mean, he didn't even try to deny that he'd created the monster or anything. I dunno, I just get the feeling that lying hasn't even occured to Jacob.

I trust Jacob because ever since we first saw him, I've seen him as (sorry, Kate, I know you don't like this theory) kind of an allegoy of God. (Yeah, my use of the word allegory there is weird but I can't think of a better word.) Again, sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm fairly religious so I find these Biblical parallels....and hey, if someone is like God then of course I trust him.

Oh geez, I hope this hasn't opened fire on some religious debate. *runs for cover* NOT what I want!

Oh, I'm sure we'll see Ana Lucia again next week. I'm expecting to see EVERYONE in the finale....and if I don't I'll be severely disappointed.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we've seen MIB lie. He told Ben that he could have the island, but he's really planning on blowing it up.

He tried to kill Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Jack, Jin, and Sun when he told all of them he was going to get them home.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Yeah, I realized after I posted that MIB has, in fact, lied. So I guess he's a liar AND a manipulator. Who needs MORE proof he's evil?!

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:
I dunno about the rest of you but pfftt....I don't think Richard is dead. For one thing, they would have given him a better death scene,

I thought the same thing with Sayid and look at what happened. Just "Oh OK, he's dead now" last episode. I'm still not entirely convinced he's dead, but I don't know.

Yeah, that's how I felt about it... I think Richard's dead, just because Lost is likely, in my opinion, to do that. Just kill 'em off, bang, they're gone. Sad. I liked Richard a lot.

thefilmchick wrote:
Quote:
I kinda liked how there wasn't some big giant explanation of why Kate had been crossed off. Just because she became a mother. That's reason enough.

Not for me. I think Jacob is lying there. Then again, I distrust Jacob, which apparently makes me alone in the universe--or at least on this forum. (OK, not really alone, but seriously, am I the only one who gets the heebie-jeebies with him?)

Yes. Lol, j/k. You're probably not.

I dunno, I just feel like Jacob's telling the truth. He just doesn't seem to have any reason to lie, I mean, why would he? He's dead anyway. And especially after last week's episode, I just don't see why he'd be manipulating everyone.

I used to feel like Jacob was a God figure, now I'm not so sure about that. We've seen more of his human side now... So yeah, I dunno about the God/the Devil allegory now.

Jacob's just a cool guy who's one of my faves.

icon by becca
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really convinced Richard is dead either. And if he is - well, that was a really crappy way to kill off such a great character. It was a real waste. I get that things are ending and anything is possible, and especially with what's going on, anyone can die, but really? You build up this whole mystique behind this character who can never age, you make him seemingly very important, and then boom - smoke monster gets him?

And also - if Richard can't kill himself, but smokie can kill him, why didn't smokie kill him a long time ago?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Abby. His death seemed way too rushed! Maybe he's not dead?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Jorge Garcia, Henry Ian Cusick and Jorge's girlfriend Beth (who no doubt read the script too) on Jorge's podcast, the script said something along the lines of "Richard is thrown 30 feet into the jungle and that's that", so even they're unsure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: