Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 10 LOST scenes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Top 10 LOST scenes Reply with quote

So, curious - what's everyone's top 10 scenes from LOST?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap.. just 10??? Ok, lemme figure this out, altho I'm sure I could give you 100

10. Sawyer dodging bullets to get to Claire in 4x09.
9. Sayid snapping that Other's neck.
8. Jack's "because I love you."
7. Jate engagement
6. Charlie and Claire's first kiss.
5. Charlie's death - sad, but epic scene.
4. Charlie's speech from Happily Ever After
3. Juliet seeing her sister on the moniter - that one scene made me love Juliet's character where before I hated her.
2. Jin/Sun/Frank/Sayid's deaths - again sad, but also epic. as was the aftermath with Jack, Kate and Hurley
1. Aaron's birth.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10. Surprise Sawyer and Juliet are a couple (From "LaFleur")

9. Jack: "Ever since juliet died" Speech ( Everybody Loves Hugo)

8. Juliet dies, sad. But great acting from both Elizabeth and especially Josh. (The Incident).

7. Finding out that MIB and their 'mum' were 'Adam and Eve' (From Across The Sea)

6. Jack:"Because I Love You" (From Through The Looking Glass).

4: Despenny reunion ( From There's No Place Like Home)

3. Sayid and Nadia's reunion (From There's No Place Like Home)

2. Juliet attacks Ben "You liar!" Great acting from Elizabeth (One Of Us)

1. Kate: "I couldn't find you" (From "The Candidate")

Lmao, not all of my scenes are happy.

Seriously, I LOVE the scene of Juliet attacking Ben, and slapping the glass out of his hand. That scene was fantastic.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already answered this here. I'm much more drawn to imagery, as was stated, than I am to specific bits of acting--a lot of mine are pretty stark visuals. I'll have to think about acting/action-type scenes, although the Hurley-driving-over-the-Other-to-Sayid's-neck-snap-of-awesomeness scene and the flash-bits from Maternity Leave (I really like the editing for those) are definitely on the list as far as non-imagery bits. Besides the cave of names, the only thing to really, 100% work for me this season was the Smokey-on-the-rampage at the end of Sundown. If I had my druthers, the show would much weirder and less moralistic than it is turning out to be, though.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so moved by Nadia and Sayid's Reunion. I always get choked up when I watch that clip because I am a girl who likes that stuff.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funnily enough i has a picspam
10;

9;

8;

7;

6;

5;

4;

3;

2;

1;

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow to get 10 is hard lol.

10. The flash-forward.
9. When Desmond read's Penny's letter when opening Our Mutual Friend
8. When Jack opens his eye in Pilot
7. When Sawyer jumps out the plane.
6. The Boarding on Oceanic 815 at the end of S1.
5. When Locke was banging on the hatch after Boone's death and the light shines out the hatch.
4. When Sawyer kills Anthony Cooper
3. Charlie's Death Sad but Amazingly done.
2. Charlie reading Claire's letter in S3 then releasing the bird.
1. Skate's first kiss
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO@ the fact my #6 "violated" PB' terms. It was a skate kiss. TOO HOT FOR PHOTOBUCKET BB!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top ten scenes hmm....

10/ The opening scene of the Pilot. It just really blew me away and it really set me up for the rest of the show.
9/ Juliet and Sawyer's scene on the dock in LaFleur. I am not keen on tihs couple, but I did love this scene between them.
8/ The message of hope in Par Avion. I loved it and the holding hands at the end just made me squeal with joy.
7/ Ben's speech in Dr. Linus I think it is. Such fab acting from Michael Emerson. "No one else will have me" is a superb and emotional line.
6/ Juliet's death scene (both parts)- so powerful and so sad and done so well. Poor Sawyer.
5/ Sun and Jin death scene. Again, very sad but wonderfully done and handled very sensitively with some equally emotional reactions from the other characters.
4/ Locke's death scene. So powerful and so shocking and Locke's tears definitely struck a chord with me. To see him struck down by his own failures was definitely hard to watch, plus superb acting from Terry and Michael made the scene immortal.
3/ Des and Penny's phone call. I love the reunion but this was what we'd all been waiting for - for them to establish a connection and finally speak to each other. Absolutely beautiful scene.
2/ Charlie and Claire's goodbye kiss. So beautiful and emotional scene as he says goodbye to her and Aaron.
1/ Charlie's sacrifice. So heartbreaking but it proves he's a hero. I think even if you didn't like Charlie, you still had to appreciate and respect the way he went and at least feel something towards it.

soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about order.... but I'll just start listing scenes that stick out to me

- Despenny phone call in The Constant... it's still my favorite episode

- Despenny reunion in There's No Place Like Home

- Sun screaming watching the freighter explode

- Juliet's death... more the first scene, especially when she let's go of Sawyer's hand and falls

- Walkabout when we find out Locke was in a wheelchair... still one of the most epic lost reveals ever

- similar kind of scenes/reveals so I'll count them as one... but Man of Science Man of Faith revealing Desmond as the guy in the hatch.... and Tale of Two Cities with Juliet and revealed as the Others watching 815 crash

- Charlie's death

- Ben's scenes with Jacob... the entire "what about me?" speech to killing Jacob... plus after he comes back out on the beach and sees Locke's body

- opening scene of the Pilot

- from In Translation... they're interrogating Jin about burning the raft, Michael keeps punching Jin... and Sun finally yells out in English and that's when Jin (and most the Losties) first learn she speaks English
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: