Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jack Character Study

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dojh167
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Jack Character Study Reply with quote

As a series long Jack hater I am almost shocked to be saying this, but I really quite love season six. He has come a long way to be almost, well, likeable. Like many of us, whenever I get absorbed into a character I like to bury myself in fan vids. For Jack, however, the core of the videos seem to be old Jack (ew) or Jate (meh).

What we need are some really epic Jack character studies. I'm thinking Coldplay's Fix You.

I know that this is often seems as a totally obvious and overrated Jack song because of the whole compulsive urge to fix things old Jack, but I see this song as focusing more on him getting over his need and letting go, very much as he does in S6, allowing him to up the awesome.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above earth or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream, down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I...

Tears stream, down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I...

And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

The lyrics also focus on grief and promising to learn from mistakes, which rings very true for Jack, largely from all of the deaths he has caused. His speech about Juliet's death and letting go works well here, as does his emotions at the end of The Candidate.

This also works for the lyrics about losing something that you cannot replace - the things he's missed out on life (father relationship/marriage), all who have died, even his almost relationship with Aaron...

The bits about lights guiding you home can show how he has been spiritually guided by Jacob/Christian/John/fate/all that fun stuff.

Most of all, it allows room with lots of instrumental music to show the epic journey Jack is taking. Which needs to be told. Well.

These are all just ideas that I have that I just vomited onto the screen. Pretty much, what is needed is a strong S6 Jack vid. Go to it.
J.D
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Jack - Fix You Reply with quote

Oh my god this is really wierd, I just started making this today.
and then i see this on here :O
but yeah I think I have some pretty good ideas for it. It might take me a while to make though because I have exams at the moment :\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: