Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Partial beta (Flocke video)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Partial beta (Flocke video) Reply with quote

Scroll down for the latest link.

Please ignore crappy zShare upload quality: The real thing will be on Namaste Nikki Town at better quality.

John Fogerty (of CCR): The Old Man Down the Road (slightly better quality). And here is a slightly worse quality, previous upload. (Verse 1 and chorus.)

I know it is a rough, rough draft. What I'm mainly concerned with are the following:

* Not the beat use (which I haven't done yet), but the rhythm. It's got a prominent guitar riff I tried to follow through. Does that show?

* Still working on the textures, which I want all the way through the video (more prominent on bridge/guitar riff/chorus, less prominent on verses). Any ideas?

Since the textures look like crap on zShare:

is the chorus and

is the verse.

* I still think the "begging knee" bit has a stronger shot from somewhere in Sundown.

* Do the lyrics come through? I know it's one of my strengths; I want to make sure they're clear to people, though.

* I want to use coloring, I think (since I've never done that in Vegas.) What sort of coloring might be appropriate?[img][/img]

Last edited by thefilmchick on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix prior link:

verse1and2.wmv - 26.84MB (zShare, looks slightly crappy thanks to conversion, but streams)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e8jq74 (Sendspace, downloadable, less shoddy-looking.)

Verses 1 and 2. Lyrics to the whole song:

Spoiler:

He take the thunder from the mountain
He take the lightning from the sky
He bring a strong man to his begging knee
He make the young girl's mama cry.

You got to hidey-hide
You got to jump and run
You got to hidey-hidey-hide
The OId Man is down the road.

He got the voices speakin' riddles
He got the eye as black as coal
He got a suitcase covered with rattlesnake hide
And he stands right in the road.

You got to hidey-hide
You got to jump up run away
The Old Man is down the road.

(Next verse and chorus not done yet)

He make the river call your lover <-- Richard & Isabella pan out to Flocke looking on.
He make the barking of the hound <-- Vincent
Put a shadow 'cross the window <-- Ben and Locke in Jacob's cabin
When the Old Man comes around.

You got to hidey-hide
You got to jump and run again
The Old Man is down the road

With coloring (my first attempt--I think the burnished look works OK, but the choruses (chori?) might be a little too dark) instead of textures. Can toss the textures back on easily, though.
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching and totally meant to leave feedback the other day... but got distracted

anyways... I really really like the beginning part... I think the motion of the Smokey footage flows really well with the music

and definitely think you do well with clip to lyric... comes through for me so don't think you have any problems there

with the coloring... I think it works on the darker clips but not so much on some of the brighter ones (especially the jungle ones)... it's washing out the jungle clips and making them too yellow... you could try just making those clips a little darker/upping the contrast and this coloring might work better... or you could fiddle with the coloring itself, maybe make it a bit less yellow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee. Thanks, Sarah! Yeah, someone else said they liked the opening footage's flow to the music too, so good to know that was a strong point.

Still dithering on the coloring; not completely committed to it. I think I liked the textures better. At least it's not too drastic of a fix, since I have the verses (with subtler effects) on one track and the choruses/intro (with more obvious effects) on another, and the effects applied to each track...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: