Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas Crashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Vegas Crashing Reply with quote

I have this wierd error occur whenever I try to render two of my videos. I'm not sure if it's because they're large files with lots of clips compared to my shorter vids but it refuses to let me completely render my video.

Firstly, it take literally 20 minutes to render 1% of my video and then when it reaches around 10 - 15% I get a pop up message saying "an exception has occured".

Any ideas about what's causing this?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that with 'Life is Long' a lot, and discovered that apparently Vegas takes exception to certain clips' codecs. Make sure you have 'ignore third-party codecs' turned on in preferences, and watch what clip it purportedly stops at (on mine, it was a .wmv clip from 'Abandoned,' which I then rerendered, keeping it in .wmv, and reuploaded into the project--worked fine thereafter.)

Additionally, try rendering it in another format and see if you have the same problems with the format: Before I figured out at what clip it was stopping dead, I found that rendering it with a different frame rate also lessened the problems until that dead clip.

On the video I'm working on now, I've had no such problems, so I have to assume it was a problem with the specific clips in my video--and is a problem with specific clips in yours.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. I'll have a try and see if it works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: