Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"One Night Only" by nightdancer342

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: "One Night Only" by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"One Night Only" 11-17-2009
November 2009 Contest Submission. I used the song from Dreamgirls to depict Kates chaotic life on the run. Full of heartbreak and disappointment.
Song: One night only by Jennifer Hudson
Vidder: nightdancer342
Length: 3:38 (12MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKLH2J6fOIg

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Wow! I can't believe no one's commented on this yet! Beautiful overlays! I could see that you put a lot of time into this. I especially like the part towards the end where they kind of piled up. I thought it captured Kate's frame of mind really well. The words that appeared on the screen were cool as well. The only criticism I have is that the song was a little loud for some of the audio and it made it hard to hear -- maybe you could turn it down next time? Even just on those parts. It was still a definite gold though. Good luck in the contest!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate it! I was kind of going for the whole "Tabula Rasa" episode and Kate's state-of-mind in that one. Oh yeah, I'll take that into consideration, I'll turn down the music a little next time- it was fine in my editor, but then when you save it, it just turned into something different! haha!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean! That's always happening to me with borders. I get them just right and then when I go to render my vid, they move!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Yes!! I always have issues with the sizing of clips- in my editor it looks like they match and then after I save it, it's not even! It's like I get an extra quarter of an inch around the video. I hate that!! I'm getting better at figuring out the sizing that I can't see though, and I try to fix it before I have to sit around for twenty minutes as it saves!!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Awesome job on this! I really liked all the Voice Over's you added in there. The whole vid just flowed very smoothly. Nicely done.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Nice Kate vid!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh; Sara that was very awesome I loved all the connections with Kate, Tom and the plane, they were really great and the audio you picked as great too I think in some areas though it was a little cluttered, like there were too many things going on, whereas when it moved slower with the music it flowed a lot better great job tho! good luck in the contest

nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! You always give the best reviews!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work! I thought all of the layered overlays worked well with the song and the feel of the vid and gave it a nice atmosphere. I enjoyed it! ♥!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

Thanks Aislynn!!
Spotpc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: One Night Only by nightdancer342 Reply with quote

The song choice was excellent. But the audio clips from the show obscured the lovely soundtrack in some places. And the video could have been a little cleaner. As mentioned earlier, the video seemed cluttered. But I love the concept you're depicting here. I actually had a similar idea for a future vid, but mine was going to be comedic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: