Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate" by Jamielost
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: "A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate" by Jamielost Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate" 03-03-2010
March 2010 contest submission. Full description on Youtube.
Song: A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope
Vidder: Jamielost
Length: 1:31 (27.2MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF18xE8bdEc

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

Awh I adore this song and paired with a Jate happy ending made it even more fabulous. You had some really subtle but tight editing that looked stunning whilst letting you focus on the story rather than be distracted by the editing. Good luck with the contest...I'll be hoping that the real side timeline follows your plot
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww that was real pretty! I like your editing style. I'm glad it had a happy ending too! Good luck in the contest!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your editing is beautiful, and love your coloring...love the song and its in my list to download! yaaay for happy endings!!
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 - Thank you! I'm glad you liked the editing; I decided to miss a lot of beats, but still wanted to have some beat use. Hopefully I reached a happy medium

nikkimonique - Thanks Nikki, really appreciate it good luck to you too!

klost004 - Thank you Kimmy! I love the song too. I'm glad I found an opportunity to vid to it
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

This was so beautifully edited, and you told your story so so well. (Plus this is my favorite song currently!). I especially loved your clip matches with "too late to cry, too broken to move on".
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really lovely editing and a wonderful song choice! I especially loved how you dealt with the piano run at :24, very, very nice! I enjoyed it a lot!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

Great job on this
I loved the colouring and your beat was great The song choice was brill I really liked your lyric interpretation The little time cards worked well as well
Good luck in the contest
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

That was really beautiful! I have to second Ais on the :24 bit. That gave me goosebumps, it was so cool! Well done! Good luck in the contest!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw that was so sweet I do love Jateyness However I have to say, without your timeline written out on YT, I wouldn't have followed the story as well. Maybe if you'd had some audio in there it would have helped? Visually perfect though; very enjoyable! Gold from me

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

Lovely video, I really enjoyed it.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

Beautiful video! I really enjoyed watching this! I loved how you started it with that plummeting into the water clip on the "drop in the ocean' lyric, brilliant! The story was great, I really loved the part where he went back into the house and proposed Lovely work!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

first of all, I LOVE the song! Great choice!!
You told a really great story, i really liked your lyric interpretation. Great editing, i really enjoyed this!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: A Drop in the Ocean - Jack&Kate by Jamielost Reply with quote

Oo, this was just excellent! Excellent storytelling, beat use, coloring, song and lyric interpretation! Everything just flowed beautifully together and I really enjoyed the story you told of Jack and Kate, them being together. I liked in the beginning for the '"rain" bit with Jack and Kate holding in hands in the car in the rain! Good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: