Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: March Contest Information Reply with quote

March 2010
Contest: Back To The Present
Deadline: April 4th - extended!

The Details:

Lost has introduced a whole new way of story-telling for this final season, the flash-sideways! When Juliet set off the bomb, time reset back to Oceanic Flight 815 so that it never crashed. We have seen what some of the characters lives would be like: Jack saves Charlie's life on the plane, Kate helps Claire when she goes into labor, Locke becomes a substitute teacher alongside Ben.

Now, we want to see what might happen next! We're looking for vids that show the off-island life of our Losties in the flash-sideways world. Do Jack & Kate ever meet again? Does Sawyer find his daughter Clementine? Does Ana Lucia end up having a baby...by Ethan? Are some of the characters fated to end up on the island at some point in the future? Make this as AU as you want, or as canon as you want, as long as it is based off-island. Since most of our favorite ships didn't even begin until they crashed on the island, you are allowed to use on-island footage in your video, but your video must be BASED off-island in the sideways world. Such as, if you want to show Sawyer & Kate as a couple, feel free to use their love scenes from earlier seasons. But please keep the focus of the story on the sideways world and try to sell that as much as possible.

Be sure to read our new contest information for help with questions you may have!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video using the flash-sideways timeline, in which Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed.
• - On-island footage is allowed, as long as it is incorporated into the flash-sideways world.
• - You may use footage of a Lost actor in other shows/movies.
• - No trailers or crossovers are allowed, we want to see a strictly Lost video.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "March 2010 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!

Last edited by Uruviel on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome contest, getting loads of ideas already
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is just perfect b/c I'm already working on a video that fits the contest rules! Yay!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWEOME Contest Idea.

Can it be an ensemble aswell?
                                 
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea am I allowed to use an OC in it? but like, still focused on one of the Losties
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar question: Are we allowed to use footage from other things entirely to construct our alternate-timeline?

Ex.: Say I wanted to make the video about Jack, who lives in Los Angeles. Am I allowed to use footage from a show also taking place in Los Angeles for landmark shots or such, or must the footage be strictly from 'Lost'? I don't believe this qualifies as a crossover per se, hence the question.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm curious about this too b/c in my vid that I already started I'm using a few scenes from another tv show and meshing it with Kate to help tell the beginning of my story. It's not really a crossover though b/c its just in the very beginning.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh such an awesome contest!
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooh i have an idea! Hope I can enter this month!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad yall like this contest, I'm excited about it too!

To answer the questions:

Yes, ensembles are fine for this contest!

Regarding OCs, yes, they are allowed, as lnog as the focus of the video is on a canon Lost character. If you want to use someone from another show as a new Lost character, that's fine! We just don't want to see a crossover with a character from something other than Lost.

Yes, scenery shots from other shows/movies are fine.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat, there goes my Lost-characters-winding-up-in-the-Village idea. (Just kidding; I wasn't really going to do that--even though I love The Prisoner even more than Lost.)
sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it says that we should show what happens next, but can be show a little of what happened before what we've seen so far of the flash!sideways'? Eg, Jack meeting the mother of David, them having David and then we get to the present point in the show and then move past it?
sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it says that we should show what happens next, but can be show a little of what happened before what we've seen so far of the flash!sideways'? Eg, Jack meeting the mother of David, them having David and then we get to the present point in the show and then move past it?
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitted my vid... I'm hoping it's long enough (1:31), I sort've ran out of ideas/clips to use.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetevangeline wrote:

That should be absolutely fine seeing as we're just asking for a vid set in the flash-sideways world and the rules don't specify that you just have to show us what we've seen already in the show. As mentioned above in the rules, it can be as canon or AU as you like as long as it's set off island
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: