Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoilery icons/banners & general spoiler reminder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Spoilery icons/banners & general spoiler reminder Reply with quote

Now that we're in the final season of Lost, *sniffle* more people than ever are trying to avoid being spoiled before they can see the new episodes for themselves. That can be particularly tricky when you live in a country that doesn't air the eps at the same time as when they premiere elsewhere.

Inside the episode discussion thread, we're free to talk about anything that aired in the ep. Outside of that thread, though, please do try to remember to spoiler text anything spoilery. While some people don't mind knowing what's going to happen before they can see it, some people definitely do and we want to do everything we can to be courteous to those who can't watch the ep the day it airs.

In that same spirit, we're asking that you please refrain from using icons or signature banners that contain pictures, animations or text that are spoilers for the most recent episode. That's something that we often forget about in the excitement of wanting to use new artwork but that's the same as posting a spoiler everywhere you've ever posted on the site.

So, until the next episode airs (or one week, if for some reason the episode fails to air in 7 days), please don't use icons or banners that contain spoilers for the previous episode. That would mean anything that shows a major event from the episode, not simply showing a character/characters. Using an icon/banner of Ben stabbing Jacob would be spoilery, a close-up of Ben's face looking upset wouldn't be (unless it has text on it that says "*just killed Jacob*" or the like ).

If you're creating fan art that contain spoilers for the latest episode, please mark your thread as having spoilers for whichever episode name or number so people will be aware before they click.

In summary, we're asking you to please refrain from using spoilery icons/banners and please spoiler text any episode discussion outside of the discussion thread until the next episode airs (or a week, should that not be the same thing ).

We want LVI to be equally friendly towards people who seek out spoilers and those who avoid them at all costs. We really appreciate you helping us with this as we all gather this one last season to enjoy the new episodes together.

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this Ais!

If you're not sure it's spoilery or not then put it in spoiler tags please. Episode titles and casting news count too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops...so since its been almost a week does that mean I can keep my gif?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul! Everybody's much more worried about spoilers this year so we want to try to help however we can.

Nikki, yep, you can leave it up since the new ep airs tomorrow and we're just posting about it today.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oopsies, i'm afraid i could be part of the guilty party from last week!

sorry guys! I'll keep this in mind next time!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no worries at all, Debbie! This wasn't meant to be a finger-pointy sort of thing, not at all. We definitely don't want to discourage you or anybody from making your awesome fan art for the new eps! But people are just very conscious of spoilers this season and they're trying hard not to accidentally be spoiled for something until they can see the ep for themselves, so that's why we decided to mention it.

*hugs for everybody* ♥!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is there anyway we could not post the episode title in the discussion threads? I am being really anal this year and not reading episode titles cause they can be spoilery. It's not a big deal I can just avoid LVI on Lost day.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a good rule, especially for the last season. I've kinda avoided spoilers too. In as much as I haven't sought them out, but don't really care if I stumble upon them, but I'd like to be surprised for the most part. haha

Not posting the episode tiles though? Isn't that going a bit far, Paul? I totally understand the banner/avi thing, cuz then you'd have to avoid the whole site to avoid being spoiled if someone had spoilery fanart, but to me, anything you can find in the promos or in the tvguide before the episode airs isn't a real spoiler It's open information that the creators want everyone to be able to see if they so choose. If you don't want to that's totally cool, but some people do like spoilers/discussing the episodes beforehand. *shrug* I'm just not into restricting other people because of my own personal preferences when I can just deal with it on my own in other ways. But that's me.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well you can still discuss it in the thread you just don't have to put it in the title then I can just avoid the thread. I agree it's extremly anal but I am just being extra careful I'm sure I'm not alone.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Hey is there anyway we could not post the episode title in the discussion threads? I am being really anal this year and not reading episode titles cause they can be spoilery. It's not a big deal I can just avoid LVI on Lost day.

Sorry, Paul, but after discussing this, we don't feel that the episode titles fall in the same category as a regular spoiler, so the episode threads will continue to have the same format with the number and ep in the title to help them be more easily identifiable.

However, the earliest the discussion threads go up is the night before the episode, so you should be safe just avoiding that one section of the board about 24 hours before the ep airs. Hope that will help a bit in avoiding the title until you're able to see the ep!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay Ais. I understand. I've bookmarked some of the sections of the forum so I can just head on over there.

I'm just used to searching newest posts and realised that the new episode promo thread titles show up aswell. Fortunately I'm already spoiled on the early season 6 titles but I need to avoid the later ones.

Spoiler:

*points bony finger at all of you"

You are now officially cursed by the spoilerphobes covenant

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've NEVER actually used that searching newest posts feature. I forgot it was even there!

Spoiler:

*deflects curse of the spoilerphobe covenant with a metal serving tray*

*curse rebounds to strike Keamy*

Keamy: "Dude, I'm already dead! How is THAT fair?"

Ais: *shrugs, then bakes cookies and serves them on the metal tray on top of little festively colored doilies*

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG IM LEAKING SPOILERS MWAHAHAHAHA'

Hurley's farts are the smoke monster

Jacob and MIB are a gay couple who have been fighting over Jate and Skate all this time.

Sayid is a zombie who will infect everyone else thus making the writers plan the Lost movie: The island of the Dead!

Kate and Claire hook up! (hot!)
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, you forgot the most important spoiler!

Spoiler warning!

Do

not

scroll

further

unless

you want to be spoiled!

"Jack, I am your father."

(Also, hey. Back for a bit after disappearing for a while. )
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Hey Trey! Haven't seen you around LVI in forever!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: