Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

February Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger, didn't know that about zshare! I'll keep that in mind next time Youtube plays up, thank you!

Ais, if it's okay, this upload will be done in about 48 minutes (according to YT -- Final Cut Pro tends to make my vids have gigantic file sizes, for some reason) so I'll be happy to submit it into the contest once it's done

Thank you both! ♥♥

Now, fingers crossed nothing happens in the next 48-ish minutes... seventh time should be the charm, right? ;__;
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be no problem, hon! The deadline is typically 12:00AM Pacific time and it's only 5:00PM right now, so you've got 7 hours to still clear the deadline just fine. If you're still having trouble then, we can extend you a few more hours until you can get it uploaded somewhere, just let us know!

Good luck! I'm pretty sure that seventh time definitely is a charm! ♥!
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, being on the other side of the world doesn't really help with time zones, especially with deadlines in different time zones! Here in Sydney it's 12:08pm, March 6th.

Thank you so much Ais!

(Also, totally OT, but OMG YOUR BANNER! ♥♥♥)

ETA: Booyeah! Just sent the submission in. Youtube is still processing the video but it *is* up, which is the main thing!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let you guys know that my vid might be a little late.

I only have about 5 seconds left but for some reason Vegas has been crashing more or less every time I open the project file and whenever it try to add a clip or play it back it freezes. I've tried reinstalling and upgrading to a later version and it still won't even let me render at low quality to check for ghost clips and stuff so I'm probably going to end up having to render it in pieces and then render the pieces back together.

Hopefully I should be able to submit it before I go to bed though - tomorrow at the absolute latest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen, I see we've received your vid, yay!

Sorry to hear about your Vegas problems, Samara! It seems like computer/YT issues are rather in the air right now, aren't they?

Anyway, are you requesting an extension? Right now, it's coming up to 8:30PM March 5th and the deadline is midnight. You're probably at around 3:30PM-ish, correct? Your "tomorrow" will be well into the 6th for us as well. So if you don't think you'll be able to make it somewhere in the next few hours, you'll need to go ahead and ask for an extension, since it will be quite a bit past the deadline as it stands now. Let us know and good luck getting it to work for you! That's really just so frustrating when you can't figure out why it suddenly won't work!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen wrote:
Thank you so much Ais!

(Also, totally OT, but OMG YOUR BANNER! ♥♥♥)

You're welcome! And aren't they adorable? *squishes them* I'm so excited for s5 to start! \o/ ♥!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my vid rendered and it's loading to YT as we speak so it should be coming along in the next half hour or so. Thanks for waiting.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! I see we've received it and it should be on site in just a few minutes. I'm glad you were able to get it to finally pull together. There's just something particularly annoying about having a vid done and not being able to either render or upload it, grr!

I believe this was the last vid we were holding the door for, so to speak, so this contest is now closed.

Good luck, everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: