Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eggy's Fic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Eggy's Fic Reply with quote

Jack Drabbles (prompts in caps), various ships.

TIMID

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because, Clark…” Chloe allowed her voice to trail as she lost herself in thought.

How could she explain that the thought of approaching him made her throat close and her heart race? That she broke out in a cold sweat every time she came close? That somehow, all those coquettish tricks she’d used time and time again were…useless?

“Jack, tell her.”

“I can’t, Hurley.”

“You’ll regret it if you don’t.”

How could he describe it to Hurley? How could he, the doctor, the leader…admit the feeling of being stuck in concrete that washed over him whenever- No. He couldn’t. Even thinking love and Chloe Sullivan made him feel….practically timid.

COMFORT

"You can't keep doing this, you know."

With bloodshot eyes, Jack turned to Sayid. "Why not?"

"It is not healthy, and it will not help you get her back."

How could Jack explain that it was searching for her that MADE him turn to these things? That without her, life was meaningless?

In her arms, he had felt safe. Now he turned to the bottle. The pills. The self-destruction. He found comfort in what little he could control, everyone else be damned.

TEMPTATION

It was downright cruel. To know that he was oh so close, yet so far away tore at Chloe in ways she hadn’t known were possible. It was heaven and hell all wrapped up into one. It was distracting. It was maddening. It was….bliss.

It was bliss because she never had to go far to lay her eyes on the taut muscles of his chest. To run those eyes down that chest to thighs that screamed strength. She never had to wait long for him to turn so that she could appreciate his broad shoulders, often contracting and relaxing deliciously as he went about the business of saving lives.

The temptation was almost too much to bear. Almost, but not quite.

MUSIC
It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

Mesemerized, he silently prayed for the song to go on forever. To hear her voice elevated in song was the closest he'd ever get to heaven, and he knew it.

He knew it like he knew he'd defy anything to feel her lips against his, just once.

SALVATION

The first 4 days, he’d told himself their rescue plane would be there any minute.

The 8th day, he began to think of survival.

The 15th day, he buried yet another casualty of the smoke monster.

The 16th day, he shed tears when he thought no one was watching.

The 23rd day was far too close to a month for him to concentrate on survival.

The 42nd day brought strange whispers on the wind.

On the 108th day, salvation.

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: