Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey! (Not spam!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basementwall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Survey! (Not spam!) Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I've put together an anonymous, open-ended, 5-question survey (for vidders and everyone else) about the process of vid making, what happens if/when a vid author relies on previous fan vids, and issues of ownership and intellectual property. If you want, you'll have the opportunity to give contact info so I can ask you more about these topics, but that's up to you. If you've got 5 minutes, fill it out! I'll drop by later to let you know how many people have filled it out.

The survey is here.

If you're wondering why I'm surveying, I've got an FAQ on my survey site.

And one note: the survey is only for folks 18 or over. Even though I'm doing this because I love Lost and Lost vids, I'm also doing it as university research--and that means I've got some constrictions on who I talk to. Sorry!

Enjoy!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the survey I also noticed you had one for fics? Granted we are a video site, but many of our members write fics as well, including myself

I just want to let our members know, that this is a legitimate member/offer Not just a random post

Basementwall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks for giving the heads up! It's times like this that I regret lurking, watching vids without commenting, etc., since that would make me look less creepy.

There is indeed a survey for fic writers, which I'm sending primarily to folks who participate in things like the Remix Redux on LJ or round robin tournaments, etc. I.e., I'm especially hoping to hear from people who rewrite other fic or who know about that.

But with that said, all the surveys are really open to anyone. And I'm really interested in the ways I've seen vid makers tell stories that in so many ways are similar to fic....cool stuff.
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it too...it was fun
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basementwall wrote:
There is indeed a survey for fic writers, which I'm sending primarily to folks who participate in things like the Remix Redux on LJ or round robin tournaments, etc. I.e., I'm especially hoping to hear from people who rewrite other fic or who know about that.

I'm on LJ I took that survey too, hope that's alright You'll find a lot of vidders are good writers as well, the storytelling tends to translate across the two media

Basementwall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey-o! Thanks to everyone who helped me out! I'll leave the survey up for just a couple more days, and then I'll start sending some emails out to hear a bit more detail from those who said they wanted to be contacted.

...starting to squirm a bit in anticipation of season 6...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: