Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added you both in!

And that's 3 vidders for Charlie, so no more claims for him please!!

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I claim Miles?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, awesome Becca would love to see a Miles Promo!

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is an awesome contest idea! I have no ideas right now lol, but in hopes of becoming inspired I would like to claim Juliet.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, awesome Bec added you in

pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i claim JACK???
Kaory
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a little confused, we have to make a promo about one of the character of lost in season 6 (in my case Ana Lucia) with our interpretation of what happen with him/her in the las season (after the bomb)but that imply AU, everything can happens with them in L.A, like 2 of them meeting and maybe a relationship, no?
Can be this a example? (but instead a ensamble a character promo??)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaory wrote:
im a little confused, we have to make a promo about one of the character of lost in season 6 (in my case Ana Lucia) with our interpretation of what happen with him/her in the las season (after the bomb)but that imply AU, everything can happens with them in L.A, like 2 of them meeting and maybe a relationship, no?
Can be this a example? (but instead a ensamble a character promo??)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM

I think I understand what you're saying. We want you to imply what may happen with ONE character, in your case Ana. What would her life be like in season 6? Would she still meet Eko or Jack? Would she still die? that kinda thing.

And I added you in for Jack, Anna!

pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can be a promo in the case for jack ..and his destiny .....can includes only island stuff.....or it muct have AU stuff only??
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so this is really hard, i dont know if i want to go with locke, jack or daniel..ummm. guess ill think a bit lol
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO idea what I'd do but for the moment I would like to claim Desmond... because, well, I love Desmond
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does the promo only have to be about s6 possible outcomes? or can it include some backstory and build up of the characters past?

edit ok i have a semi idea involving jack, so can i be reserved for him now...tho i might change. but jack for now

but also another question, could i use footage thats non LOST but also doesnt involve the actor? and must all quotes be given by jack or can i have other ppl quoting?
supermander11
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest sounds really cool! Can I have Juliet? I think I already have an idea...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pruedens wrote:
can be a promo in the case for jack ..and his destiny .....can includes only island stuff.....or it muct have AU stuff only??

Technically we're not looking for AU but rather for what you think really might happen to Jack in s6. So on Island stuff would be fine if your promo is based around what you think Jack might do if he's on the Island in s6 or you could set it off Island if your promo is showing what he might do in this last season if he's not on the Island. Or it could be a mix if the promo is showing that he might be both on and off Island in this last year.

Just basically so long as you think of the promo like what ABC might really release as a s6 promo for Jack (you wouldn't expect them to theorize he's going to join another show or something like that ), then you should be fine!

FaradayLinus wrote:
so does the promo only have to be about s6 possible outcomes? or can it include some backstory and build up of the characters past?

edit ok i have a semi idea involving jack, so can i be reserved for him now...tho i might change. but jack for now

but also another question, could i use footage thats non LOST but also doesnt involve the actor? and must all quotes be given by jack or can i have other ppl quoting?

Like I just mentioned to Anna above, if you consider this to be a promo like ABC might really make for a character for s6, then you'd expect the focus to be on the "what might happen in s6" part instead of having a lot of backstory and build up. Look at it as being more of a Jack in s6 promo than just a general Jack character vid (where you would look at him in more detail with backstory and things like that). This is just for the character in s6, not an overall character study type of promo.

As for using footage that's non Lost but doesn't involve the actor... Are you talking about something like location shots (like if you were showing the Statue of Liberty then were going to cut back to Jack to sell the idea that he was in New York) or are you planning on using footage from other shows for the purpose of crossing over other characters into the promo? You definitely want to avoid going AU as much as possible. Anyway, we'll talk it over and get back to you but I wanted to get an idea of what sort of non Lost footage you meant.

About the quotes, are the other people talking about Jack? If the focus is still on Jack in s6, then I wouldnt' think it would matter who's doing the talking but I'll run it by the Others (ooo ) to confirm.

Sarah, Saben and Will, I'm adding you in for your characters of choice! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't have to take place after a reset right? i claimed Sun and i'm already working out a idea what would happen on the island with flocke,ilanna and the others in 2007. thats ok right?
                                 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: