Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Stuff (Jate AU)" by Athena Alexandria
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: "The Stuff (Jate AU)" by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Stuff (Jate AU)" 11-05-2009
November 2009 Contest Submission. Jack gives Kate love... and lots of stuff.
Song: The Stuff by Reefer Madness OST
Vidder: Athena Alexandria
Length: 2:00 (43.9MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaG6hkTqyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaG6hkTqyI

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Brilliant idea! And I liked the overlay of weed, but it was a bit distracting at times. The manips were really well put together, and I think you matched the beats well. I hope it's okay for me to LOL at the idea of Jack and Kate getting high together xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Thanks Belle.

And yes, of course it's okay to laugh! It's meant to be tongue in cheek. The whole musical is pretty melodramatic and ridiculous (designed to put kids off smoking weed).
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Grat vid, I do agree that the overlay was quite distracting, but other than that i liked it!

though the thought of people getting all angry and stuff on weed is funny, but the idea behind this is really good!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debbie.

And yes, the idea of a guy beating his wife while on weed is pretty amusing -- the musical is a parody of an old anti-marijuana propaganda film from the 50s so the song is meant to be ironic. I figured most people would do triangles/romantic angst for the comp so I decided to have a little fun with it. Most comedy has a tragic element to it, so who says "heartbreak" can't be funny?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
Thanks Debbie.

And yes, the idea of a guy beating his wife while on weed is pretty amusing -- the musical is a parody of an old anti-marijuana propaganda film from the 50s so the song is meant to be ironic. I figured most people would do triangles/romantic angst for the comp so I decided to have a little fun with it. Most comedy has a tragic element to it, so who says "heartbreak" can't be funny?

I see, I'd never hard of it! It's a really unique idea to ue (:
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was great, Samara! Very funny. lol I like that song actually says Jack. Wow... pot is some dangerous stuff if it makes you beat and rape your spouse. I really need to see this movie.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol very cool idea, i like how it is tragic in the funny way. I liked best when you had the flashes of what they saw when they were high lol great job and good luck in the contest!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever see a Jate vid like this from you! Jack raping and beating Kate craziness. You pulled it off well though...it was such an odd video...I wasn't sure if I should be laughing or going... I liked the darkness of it though! The only thing I didn't like was the overlay of the marijuana leaves. I understand the point of it but it was just distracting to me. I'm totally giving yo u gold for this though! Very unique!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Thanks, Nikki! The idea amused me because I'm always getting flames from people on YouTube accusing Jack of being an abusive junkie. The fact that the guy in the song's name is Jack just made it that much more perfect! Reefer Madness is an odd musical, but awesome -- it shouldn't be funny but it is!
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the little cartoon flashes thrown in there...and the whole smoking post scenes and the scenes you choose of them being high...i love the dark humor to it...it really is so funny that the guy is named Jack in this...I mean truly...i don't know if I should take it seriously or laugh with this kinda thing...great job!!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Thanks Kimmy! The animated parts came from the movie -- one of the characters has a fantasy about dancing with a hash brownie (and fish singing that he should eat it). I don't think anyone noticed, but I slipped the random cow in there too, just for fun.
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

ohh i loved this very cool au idea i really the cartoon part gold from me
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: The Stuff (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Cool vid, Samara! Great AU scenes with Jack & Kate & pot.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, doped up Jate! That's so funny i loved the scene at the end, evi does look a little woozy there great AU shots of the pair of them getting high ;P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: