Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
sorry just double checking...
So I could do it as Ji Yeon in the future? I'd be doing some crossover casting, but all their flashbacks would be cannon.

Just wondering.. any advice on who to cast? TV is so racist there's hardly any asians!

First person that springs to mind is Lane from Gilmore Girls (Keiko Agena)
Spoiler:

She's supposed to be a teenager in that, well, most of it anyway
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working on what song I'll do.I wanted to ask if a couple of movies would count as musicals. Does Fame count?(I had in mind the 80's version not the newest version.)If the movie counts does the TV show also count?
Also what about the Muppet Movies.I have a record from The Muppet Movie,and since the Muppets sing many songs during the movie I was hoping it might count.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Macaila! If the characters in the movie or TV show are singing, then it'll qualify as a musical for this one. If it's just a movie/TV that has a predominant song in it or associated with it (first example that springs to mind is "Decode" by Paramore from Twilight), then that's not what we're looking for. But if the characters themselves are actually doing the singing, then it's all fair game!

I haven't seen Fame in a bazillion years and can't remember if they're actually doing the singing in the movie, but so long as they are, then yes, the songs from that will be fine. Same with the Muppets.

Good luck!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying for me what you are looking for in a musical.
I had a couple of movies in mind where the characters didn't sing but there was alot of music,so now I know those won't count.

I'll go check on Fame and The Muppet Movie and see if they have any sad songs I can use.

I know that the video needs to be sad,angsty,etc.Does the video need to also end on a sad note?Sometimes I like to do sad videoes but end it with the idea there is still hope for the charcter/couple.But I can also do a video that is sad all the way through.I just need to know which direction I am taking my video in.

Since the Beatles sing in their movies Help and A Hard Day's Night,wouldn't those also qualify as musicals?

I've got an idea for a song from Help and one from the Muppet Movie so far.

Macaila
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post deleted.
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohhhh that's a great contest! I love musicals!
I don't think I'll enter but I can't wait to watch all the vids
Dzhelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi)) I've a question
Can i use "Cell Block Tango" from musical "Chicago"? Or may be we have too much dialogues in it, or it is not heartbreak enough...
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, Dzhelina and Macaila

I for one would be THRILLED if you used that song It's my fave song from Chicago and would make a killer vid ;P Yes, you can use it for the comp By dialogue, we more meant when the songs stops and you just here characters chatting between songs, but with this they're basically just speaking the lyrics which is just fine

Only note is, the song goes for 7 mins or so from memory so it'll have to be trimmed down to 5 for the contest Hope you make it!

Macaila, no the vid doesn't have to end on a sad note, we just wanted the theme to be about heartbreak. It can have hope for the couple at the end I'll double check with the others about the songs

nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I know this is kind of a moronic question... but what if I did a sort of romance video with The Marshal and Kate? Would that be canon enough? I mean, he kind of seems to have an obsession with her on the show, but it's not really a romantic storyline on the show. Would that be ok?

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Macaila, since the Beatles are singing to their own songs in those movies, that's not what we're after for this contest. However, we suggest checking out Across The Universe which is a musical about the Beatles songs They would be more than ok to use

nightdancer342 wrote:
Sorry, I know this is kind of a moronic question... but what if I did a sort of romance video with The Marshal and Kate? Would that be canon enough? I mean, he kind of seems to have an obsession with her on the show, but it's not really a romantic storyline on the show. Would that be ok?

You can do a Kate character study with emphasis on the chase of her and the marshall, but making it seem like there is love and romantic feelings between them is not what we're after for this contest since they are not a canon couple in the show

SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the movie "Music&Lyrics" with hugh grant count? it's not exactly an musical but they're singing the whole time???
                                 
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talked about it Mel and even though Music and Lyrics is about music, its not a musical and doesn't use the kind of songs we're after for this contest.

SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's Alright, thanks.
                                 
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check out Across the Universe and see if any of those songs will work
for me.I'm glad I can end the song on a happier note,that will make choosing a song easier.

Macaila
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Got a question...
Is it okay to use two songs in your vid? Like for example - I'd like to make a little intro-thingie with "a girl" from Across the universe, but it's a very short song so I'd like to use "While my guitar gently weeps" as the song I'm using for the long part of the video. Would that be okay, or should I just use the long song and not bother to vid "a girl"?
Thanks and sorry if it's already been asked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: