Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo excellent I love angsty vids

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for double posting but just a couple more questions as I am thinking of getting started on the vid today since I never get round to actually entering the contests! lol

Can I use songs from Moulin Rouge? - Because its not really a classic musical like West Side Story or The Phantom of the Opera...

Can I use voiceovers from the characters? - Because I was a bit confused to the 'dialogue' use in the rules.

thanks!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries, ask away i know what its like when the muse kicks in

Yeh, you can use songs from any musical of anything like TV shows or theatre or movie

The dialogue in the write up is in relation to the song you pick Like you know how there are those musicals that have a lot of dialogue between songs? That's what we're asking you to limit But dialogue from the Lost characters is fine and dandy!

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brill! thanks kat *runs off to vid*

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at musicals today and found that Saturday Night Fever the musical uses the song Tragedy.I don't know who does the song in the musical.I know that it is the same song as the one done by the Bee Gees.My question is do I have to use the song as sung by whoever did it in the musical or if I can't find that information can I use the song as done by the original artist?
Kaory
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a question (maybe its stupid) is Sawyer/Ana Lucia canon¿?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol They're definitely canon.

Just wanted to say, CM's, this is an idea I've been waiting 2 years for! *dances* I remember seeing it in the ideas thread when I joined, but it never got around to being a contest, so when I saw this, I was like Yay! Hmm, I think I'm going to use "Poor Thing" from Sweeney Todd, sadly, it would be too hard to do something from Repo.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
I was looking at musicals today and found that Saturday Night Fever the musical uses the song Tragedy.I don't know who does the song in the musical.I know that it is the same song as the one done by the Bee Gees.My question is do I have to use the song as sung by whoever did it in the musical or if I can't find that information can I use the song as done by the original artist?

Macaila, we'll get back to you ASAP on that! I know our intention was for this to be the music from the actual musicals themselves instead of like a cover from another artist (like how several people have sang "Music of the Night" from Phantom, we want the version from the musical/movie not the cover) but there's a bit of blurring there with the Bee Gees being the ones who did the song in the movie and all of that. So let us just confer to be sure and we'll let you know as soon as we can!

Kaory wrote:
i have a question (maybe its stupid) is Sawyer/Ana Lucia canon¿?

Yes, they are definitely canon.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oop, I forgot to ask a question. I know it says the suggested length is 3-5 minutes, but if it's like 2:40-45, will points me deducted from the judging? A lot of musical songs aren't that long (some are really long, and some are really short) and the song I'm thinking of using is 2:46. I guess I can try to extend it somehow. It's just that if points are deducted, I don't want to bother with this song, since I think it'll be hard enough to make an awesome contest-worthy vid with this type of song anyway (me personally), so I want to make sure I'm doing as many things right as possible. Thanks!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maximum length is 5 minutes for this contest but there's no minimum. 3 - 5 is just the standard suggestion in this case but it's not a requirement that it be at least 3 minutes long.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, ok. Yay then!! lol Thanks so much, Ais. I have it all mapped out in my head, so hopefully something will come of it. ;D
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more question (sorry) we will rock you is ok?(its a musical and if mamma mia is ok i think this too but want to ask) and i can use this musical the song have to be from the musical or can be the original version,singing freddy Mercury (i like it more with freddy voice)??
RainOnThePrettyOnes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this is absolutely the coolest contest ever. (And now I'm not a lurker, just as I wasn't two/three years ago. It's been sooo long!) I've been meaning to do a Lost video and this is the perfect excuse. Yay! So many choices. Like, oh, IDK, Swing Kids "Santa Fe." LOL, I'm going to subject Sawyer to so much. XD

Icon and banner made my me. x) Youtube channel! <3
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is SUCH a great idea!!! I'm going to see if I can pull something off.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a contest that speaks to me...that is sings to me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: