Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Near To You - Kate/Olivia" by littleton_pace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: "Near To You - Kate/Olivia" by littleton_pace Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Near To You - Kate/Olivia" 10-17-2009

"Though he's gone and you are wonderful, it's hard to move on..."

Kate and Olivia are happy together, but Kate is haunted by memories of her past relationship with Jack and Olivia is terrified that Kate will leave her.

Song: Near To You by A Fine Frenzy
Vidder: littleton_pace
Length: 3:41 (58.6MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsmmX3BVgiA - HQ
*download link soon*
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great great job Kat...does poke the muse a bit. Perhaps after I get a few others done. I've already told you, but I so love those last shots, so perfectly put together!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stace I live to poke your muse

EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

wow this a couple i thought i'd never see, that was awesome i loved evreything about it the colouring, the storyline, just brilliant, the manips were flawless Amazing job
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

eeeeeeeee! LOVED IT! The manips looked awesome and the story was so good. The song and vid went perfectly.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo its so great to see this finished! Its so good! I love how it starts with Kate and Olivia talking about dinner. Very cute and believable.The Jate part was so sad especially the scene, "I knew he'd never love me back." Perfect scene choices there!! The " I can't do this" dream sequence gave me chills! I thought it was real for a second. Loved the short little bedroom scene! That was smokin! And really cute! And wow at the ending! Your masking looked fabulous!! Made me go
And this is just a funny little thing I noticed but in the car scene I thought it was funny how you flipped it so that it looks like she's in another country b/c she's driving on the left side of the road...at least it looks like it b/c the steering wheel is on the left side. Do you guys drive on the left side of the street in Australia?
OH and I thought the text was a really nice touch! I think this is my favorite crossover of yours. Make more!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! for new crazy Kat AU pairings.... this one worked really well... love this song, I've used it before and its really viddable... some of your manips were fantabulous... especially loved the little conversation at the beginning, Jack disappearing in the doorway, the Kate/Olivia manip right after that and then the last scene... you're a manipping goddess... oh and the dream sequence too

my only little concrit is about the text... I dunno if it flowed quite as nicely with the vid as it could have... maybe a different font, or moving a little slower but thats pretty minor... overall the vid was Ah-mazing... one of my favorite crossovers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Wow Kat...first off - this is a great pairing. I love crazy weird AU ships!! And this one is pretty sweet!! The song is beautiful and what a great job you did...coloring was fantastic and my god, those manips of Olivia & Kate together were brilliant!! I'm very impressed! The only thing I didn't care for too much were the words onscreen...that seems to be popular now, but I think with a beautiful song like this and with such great manips & coloring, you don't need it. And like someone said before, a different font, or making the text smaller might have helped it flow a bit better.

But yeah, that's a relatively minor detail. Overall, the vid is excellence! Yay for Fringe!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that liked the text? I thought it actually brought more emotion to the video.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma - lol; thanks Emma! glad you liked it

Debbie - haha; thank you hun! glad you liked

Nik - yes, we do drive on the left hand side of the road here, lol I didn't even think of that; i just felt like flipping it glad you liked the dream too, thats one of my fave parts and lol; im glad you liked the text

Sarah - Thanks hun i love this song too; desperately wanted to use it for something glad you liked the convo at the start; i was so happy when i found that olivia scene cos it just slots in there so nicely I've never done text really before, i found it very fiddly to get it moving nicely

abby - thanks abby; i love this pairing too like i said; ive never done it before so i wanted to give it a go ill def. take more care with it if I do it again

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Oh wow, you finished it! It's awesome! The scenes where you had Kate and Olivia on screen together....wow. Amazing job with the masking, I would have so little patience for that. I really enjoyed this....always love seeing new pairings and this one rocks.
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Kat, you really are a master storyteller, and a master manip-maker...this was incredible. Absolutely riveting. And that coloring was so gorgeous!!!!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Near To You - Kate/Olivia by littleton_pace Reply with quote

OMG amazing manips, Kat!!! Awesome to see a Lost/Fringe crossover!
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i may just start watching fringe again because of you missy!! such an awesome pairing...your manips are fantastic and the end scene gave me chills! great job!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was so beautiful . Sadly, I didn't stick by Fringe because of hatred for Olivia but you made me realize that when she's not talking she's very pretty ha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: