Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Final Destination 3: The Losties" by Athena23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena23
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: "Final Destination 3: The Losties" by Athena23 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Final Destination 3: The Losties" 10-13-2009
October 2009 contest submission
Song: Scare Me to Death by The Smoke Monster
Vidder: Athena23
Length: 1:46 (22.1MB .mpg)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ta-H6BFEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ta-H6BFEw

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Great video! Only saw the first FD movie and didn't care too much for it, but I liked how you incorporated Smokie into it! I was a little confused as the video seems to be in trailer form and I thought we weren't supposed to make trailers for this contest, unless the rule was changed or I read it wrong. In any case, it was a great video, well edited with a nice scare factor, so trailer or not, you've got a gold from me!
Athena23
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive feedback! Yeah, don't think that the rules stated it couldn't be a trailer. I'm glad you liked it!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this as trailer but it doesn't seem like a Lost/crossover vid that would fit for the contest.For example I thought we were supposed to use actual people from the movie or the "monster" and put them together with Lost scenes.. But that was just my take. You did a good job picking out the spooky scenes to match with the theme of the movie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2ndTourofFinland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Spooky! i liked it.. it really seemed like it could have been a final destination movie. u did a really great job picking the clips to make it look like something was after them on the island. good luck in the contest.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh, that was so spooky! awesome scene selection, it really does seem like death comes for the losties. loved all the spooked reaction shots about 1:00 in.

But I have to say, we did say no trailers for the contest. Someone asked the question about it and we said no as we we're after a crossover, like Erin and Nikki said.

Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trailer, not so much of a crossover...but interesting group vid. Great scene picks!!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Wow, just re read the rules.. totally missed that one! Oh well, no gold star for Athena today It's only my second vid... I'll get the hang of it eventually. Thanks for the input from expert vidders, it definitely helps!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry about the confusion over the no-trailers thing. This really was a great trailer, though, very spooky and with lots of awesome atmosphere; I enjoyed watching it a lot! And wow, just your second vid? I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Nice trailer, you used some good scary scenes!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Final Destination 3: The Losties by Athena23 Reply with quote

Oooo, creepy! Loved it! Liked the strong drum beats throughout the video and the audio of the black monster! Perfect scary clip choices from Lost! Good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: