Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Widescreen on YouTube?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Widescreen on YouTube? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I can save my video to be widescreen when I upload it on YouTube? I use Sony Vegas
I hope this question hasn't been already answered- if it was, I apologize.
Thanks!!!
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it just has to be HQ or HD and it's automatically widescreened by YouTube.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Widescreen on YouTube? Reply with quote

nightdancer342 wrote:
Does anyone know how I can save my video to be widescreen when I upload it on YouTube? I use Sony Vegas
I hope this question hasn't been already answered- if it was, I apologize.
Thanks!!!

You save it in Sony Vegas as Wide Screen. If your clips are not in widescreen you go into Event/Crop, you select the arrow where it says 'default' and you click on 'widescreen TV aspect ratio'. Hope that helps you out.
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which widescreen do you mean? the old one? cause for that you just do the setting in vegas in 'properties' that is HD 1280 by 720, and you put each clip on the time frame to widescreen in pan/crop

and then if you want it fully widescreen with the newest YT dimensions you do it at a custom of 1280x640 and put 'match aspect ratio' on each of ur clips in pan/crop, not just widescreen. but youll have two bars at the top n bottom in a small screen, but fully widescreen for the big one..

hope that makes sense. i think i wrote it all a bit weird lol..so tell me if something doesnt make sense.
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as it's widescreen that you vid (like Lost or smth new), when you start the project, you put the size of the episode into the frames. For example, if your episode is 632x352, then you put these into the frame. Then you render it with the same size ;D This way, Vegas works faster, renders faster, and you get youtube screen for most of the shows (some of the are a couple pixels wider than youtube frame).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MariaPurt wrote:
As far as it's widescreen that you vid (like Lost or smth new), when you start the project, you put the size of the episode into the frames. For example, if your episode is 632x352, then you put these into the frame. Then you render it with the same size ;D This way, Vegas works faster, renders faster, and you get youtube screen for most of the shows (some of the are a couple pixels wider than youtube frame).

how much faster tho? never knew of that. how do you know the eps ratio?
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me think. Remember my Null And Void vid? It rendered in 40 minutes (with all the effects and layers). And when i rendered it as wmv, it took about 5 hours.

Now to the ratio - clink left part of the mouse on the ep, and choose properties. There's the size and everything there. Be sure to put pixel sile as 1.000 (square) for any project ;D
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks you guys, I'll try your tips. Does it have to be saved as an AVI to get it widescreen? It doesn't seem to have the feature of widescreen (at least in my version of Sony Vegas) in WMV. avi files always seem to take forever to load! lol!!
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure as to your version of Vegas, but wmv renders the format that you've premade for your project.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightdancer342 wrote:
Cool! Thanks you guys, I'll try your tips. Does it have to be saved as an AVI to get it widescreen? It doesn't seem to have the feature of widescreen (at least in my version of Sony Vegas) in WMV. avi files always seem to take forever to load! lol!!

As far as I know, AVI is quicker when rendering, but the filesize can be huge. WMV is my preferred one because it works everywhere. It takes longer to render but I think its worth it.

I'm not sure how to get widescreen in YT anymore because I used to be able to do it, and then they changed the ratio and my widescreens aren't widscreen anymore :S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: