Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Allie...but that being said I don't think that anyone is a terrible person (Well I'm sure that they do exist ) I just felt really attacked by Erin and was awaiting the calvary to come to her side. You know just how I feel about you Allie, you are such a wonderful person.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that this has been brewing for a while, sadly over the contests. Anyway, I hope that we can all kinda take a deep breath, having everybody had the chance to have their say and hopefully clearing the air a bit, and then let this go and just go back to being the same type of friendly community I believe we always have been.

Again, I do apologize that my editing of that first post without checking to see what was going on at the end of it ending up kicking off a real brou-ha-ha. That certainly wasn't my intention. Nor, I can promise you, is it EVER our intention to do a bait-and-switch with the contest rules. We'll do our best to make sure that this sort of thing never happens again. However, if you really, truly think that we do anything less than try to run the best, fairest contests that we can... I really don't know what to tell you. We do our best. If that's not good enough, what more can we do?

Now... Truce? *offers cookies*
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm....cookies!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seems like people think we orchestrate things in contests which coulnd't be further from the truth. I'm all for putting this past us and moving on, for however long we can that is as this seems to be an ongoing issue for people. I am currently so upset over this, much more than I'd like to be.

*binge eats cookies*

FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm yea so uh, question about a movie..is rosemarys baby considered horror?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to go off track there Saben. Was there already a question about that movie? I swear someone's asked it but I just looked back to see and couldn't find it. I think we decided it was more a thriller and not what we're after, but I'll go double check

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Quote:
Would it be okay to use Shaun of the Dead? I know it's a horror/comedy, but I'd make it all horror

Okay, Shaun Of The Dead does count as horror so feel free to use it for this contest Sorry again for the wait

ahhh awesome, thanks
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow how did I miss that whole fight? Anyways I just wanted to say that I hope you guys don't stop doing contests b/c of all the fighting that goes on from time to time b/c I really enjoy and look fwd to them each month.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bring this up, but i just need to get defensive and NOT taking any side...I'm PMSing as is...

I just need to pop my weee little head in and say when I read the rules I saw the no trailers (when the contest first opened)...*shrugs*...because I already have a trailer of the SAME movie with losties in it that I'm doing...and i believe i saw it when I first read it...(though it's not a crossover format) i could have just used part of that)...so the no trailers really stuck out at me...I could be wrong, i'm not perfect, but I swear on LOST i saw it! lmaooooo

I guess my ONLY advice is any new rules added to the thread should have a date (when added) next to it...along with a list at the top of the original thread like: "new rules added" (with the date there too) so people can go back and check? just a suggestion that might help? I do that on my forum and it's usually helpful to people <3

other then that i think this site is wonderful and the CM's are doing a fantastic job...my finger would have slipped on ban if I was hurt enough...=/ so I've got to applaud your strength it's NOT easy...

and
I'm sorry to hear about Erin and that you feel the way you do about the CM and members here (which makes myself included naturally) especially since I'm defending the CM's, hopefully you will return in the future and good luck

I understand both parts though and I hope we can all get along and drink (except Nikki - she's with child - maybe after )!!! ooo and have innocent pancakes!!!!!

love to you all!!!
be happy

and hope to have more contest in the future!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kimmy I got the idea right from the start that we weren't supposed to do a trailer just b/c they used Ali's vid as an example. Not sure whether the "no trailer" part was there or not when I read it but I thought it was very clear.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you saw it when it was being mentioned on the pages 2, 3? But I'm glad you thought it was clear Nik. Btw, I hadn't seen you in a couple of days; thought we might get Evi earlier than expected

Adding the date sounds like a good suggestion to me too Kimmy

Thanks for your input, guys

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, um... I had no idea this argument was going on... I hope everything's calmed down now - I think you're all great people! *hugs all around*

I had a lil question about the contest. Since I'm using the movie My Bloody Valentine, would it be allowable for me to use a lil itty bitty clip of Jensen Ackles in Supernatural? Or are you just wanting footage from Lost and the movie? Thanks for answering my questions!

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Elyse!

Charlies_Innocence wrote:
Or are you just wanting footage from Lost and the movie?

Yep, that's exactly what we're looking for.

littleton_pace wrote:
We're after movies here, not television shows so please make sure you pick a great movie; we want a fully-fledged creepy mother of a vid combining our losties with a Horror flick. You can use footage from the losties in other TV shows and movies they've done, but make sure to crossover with a Horror movie as well.

So we'd prefer no clips from TV shows like SPN, sorry. Can't wait to see how your vid turns out!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey, I'll do that then. Thanks!

icon by becca
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell in a handbasket, batman! TENSION!
Anyway, I know a few pages back I said I wasn't going to ask a question, but then I got smacked in the face by inspiration, and now, sadly need to trouble y'all with a lil' query.
The Hitcher - Le horror or le thriller? That is the question.
There's no ghosts in it, but there is one damn creepy guy, who does some bad things to a pretty little couple. It WAS on a list of 2007 Horror Movies, but since there's no ghoulies or zombies, I thought I'd best check.
If it's not eligible, that's cool - I'll just upload anyway, cause I've already done a bit of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: