Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Man in the Mirror" by Polarbear
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: "Man in the Mirror" by Polarbear Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Man in the Mirror" 08-25-2009
August 2009 contest submission. After the bomb blows up time is reset to the crash and Ben is the only one who remembers anything and decides to do things differently.
Song: Man in the mirror by Michael Jackson
Vidder: Polarbear
Length: 3:31 (26MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=texnIThspVk
http://rapidshare.com/files/271473898/mim.wmv

donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so awesome! Feelgood Ben is a hoot!! Loved it when he brought a flower for Charles The video was effective even with the back to basics style . I just loved it.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

omg, I LOVE it!! When he brings the flower to Widmore?? Brilliant!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh pauly!!!!! i love you for making this, it's one of my fav mj songs and to be vidded with ben = perfect! i love all the manips the one of him given widmore the flower made me chuckle with hardly any effects you still made it awesome!! loved the beat use too it was brill i seriously can't stop watching it. It's my new fav vid of yours!!!! amazing! LOL you inspire me

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Wow, that manip with Ben and Jack playing chess was awesome. Nicley done.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a uniquely brilliant idea Paul! I loved it! Totally cheered me up this morning! I loved how he had all the losties over for dinner and awww! He let Juliet go home!! That was my favorite part!! All the flash backs of how he had wronged them and then how he made it right was so highly effective, who needs fancy effects.
PS how could I forget....I loved when he told Jack not to grow a beard!! LMAO!! Brilliant!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

WOW!!!!! What an incredible idea! And you executed it sooooo well!

I was pissing mjyself laughing at the flower bit and Ben's reaction to jack growing a beard! LOL
Another great vid from you keep it up
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments!!

4126 wrote:
Wow, that manip with Ben and Jack playing chess was awesome. Nicley done.

Actually that's part of the missing pieces mobisodes. I uploaded them to the clips thread on here if you want to check them out.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utterly brilliant! I absolutely loved this video, super funny too!

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was friggin' fantastic Paul! I loved it! My fave bits were when he smiled at Claire and she smiled back and when he let Juliet off the island! Brilliant manipulations! Loved the whole thing!

Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

WOW! I never in a million years thought it would be possible for someone to make Ben look like a good guy, but you did it! And it worked BRILLIANTLY! Kudo, Paul, that vid was great! I loved it when Ben invited them all over for dinner and he gave Claire the flower!
supermander11
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Wow!! First of all, great idea! The song is one of my favorites, and using Ben for it was perfect. I also loved all of the manips with Ben helping everyone, which were done EXTREMELY well, especially without being able to use any effects! Amazing vid!!!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

Awwww Paul!!! That's soooo sweet of you!!! Thanks so much for the dedication, you are awesome my darling!! Btw, your vid ROCKS!!! Great beat use, I loved warm happy fuzzy Ben!!! Your manips were perfect, as per usual and I think you used the audio really well. Especially jack's 'growing a beard' thing!! That made me laugh!!

Seriously though, this vid almost made me cry and I kind of almost want to see warm happy fuzzy Ben on Lost now!! It's such a powerful song too and you did such a wonderful job making use of that. Great job - I hope you ace this contest, I really do!!
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

That was SO awesome!!! I LOVED this idea of Ben redeming himself and helping all the ones he did wrong too!!! <3 That's actually a really great storyline and this vid was done SO well!!! GREAT job and Good Luck in the Contest!!!
Devera
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Man in the Mirror by Polarbear Reply with quote

WOW! I love this Ben even more than the Ben we know. Haha, when he pulled out the flower for Widmore and did that cute eyebrow raise...and everyone ended up happy! Yay!

Loved
-Him flashing to Jack with the beard and telling him not to do it, so Jack shaves-- BEST PART!
-Him helping Rachel and reuniting Juliet with her
-Pushing the plane down, thus saving Boone
-Helping Michael with the raft
-Inviting everyone over for dinner
-Basically getting so many of the couples together happily
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: