Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzhelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Can I take part in your contest? I'm going to use episode "The Incident. part 1"

But I have one problem Could anyone please tell me where exactly the 516 ep ends and the 517 begins ("The Incident, part 1" and "The Incident, part 2")? I'm totally lost on this
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Dzhelina! We're very glad to have you taking part in the contest!

It is a bit tricky to find where part 1 and 2 are divided at for this episode, isn't it? All media files and screencap galleries I'm finding are treating it like it's one episode...

I found this episode recap that lists the events in the first episode, (though it has them grouped by on Island, 1977, etc. instead of as they were shown in the episode) but hopefully that will still help a bit! The Incident part 1

I'll ask around and see if I can't get you a more specific answer than that! Again, welcome, and I added you to the list of claimed episodes.
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Dzhelina ;D Just wanted to say welcome ;D LOL Gla we're both here now (giving me hope you'll actually vid Lost some more hehe)
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dzhelina and good luck with your entry!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deadline has been extended until October 2nd! Please note that this extension is only for the September contest, if you're hoping to enter your contest vid into our Annual Tournament, then your vid will still need to be on site by September 30th and meet the eligibility requirements as detailed in the Tournament post. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Ais! Quick question, if persay mine contest entry doesn't get any CP or Gold VPs until October 1st, will it be tough luck since the deadline is on the 30th? Or is there some wiggle room because of the contest? Just wanna be sure because I still have one video to choose for the Annual tourney and would like to see how my contest entry pans out...if it does
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXAngelicEvilXx wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Ais! Quick question, if persay mine contest entry doesn't get any CP or Gold VPs until October 1st, will it be tough luck since the deadline is on the 30th? Or is there some wiggle room because of the contest? Just wanna be sure because I still have one video to choose for the Annual tourney and would like to see how my contest entry pans out...if it does

We'll be doing our best to get our CP voting done as soon as possible, so then as long as the vid is on site by the 30th, it will have just a little bit of wiggle room for the voting to take place. That also means that we'll need everybody to help vote on the contest vids and any others that come on site by the 30th -- the Viewer Pick part of eligibility is every bit as important as the CP part after all!

What you can always do is tell us that you would prefer the contest vid to go in for the Tournament if it qualifies but give us another vid to put in its spot on the chance that it doesn't, if that makes sense? We definitely want you to have your preferred vid entered in if it possibly can be.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll work, I'm still having a tug of war between which vid will go in if my contest vid doesn't qualify. I'll be sure to let you know on the appropriate thread! Thanks again!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dzhelina wrote:
But I have one problem Could anyone please tell me where exactly the 516 ep ends and the 517 begins ("The Incident, part 1" and "The Incident, part 2")? I'm totally lost on this

We have a better answer now for your question, Dzhelina!

From the transcript at Lostpedia:

Quote:
[The DHARMA bus speeds through the jungle.]

JACK: How much further?

HURLEY: Uhh..we're about five minutes away!

SAYID: [to Jack] You can't stop the bleeding.

JACK: [to Jin] I need fresh dressings.

MILES: Jack! So this bomb is supposed to what, blow us back in time?

JACK: We're not going back in time.

MILES: Right, because that would be ridiculous!

SAYID: I need to modify the bomb. I can make it so it detonates on impact. Jack, we need to be there at the moment of the Incident, or all this will be for nothing.

JACK: Why the hell are we stopping?

HURLEY: That's why.

[Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet are standing in front of the bus.]

Part 2
Act 1

LOCKE: what is it? Why are we stopping?

RICHARD: You'll see.

LOCKE: Well, it's a wonderful foot, Richard, but what does it have to do with Jacob?

RICHARD: It's where he lives.

So the shot of Sawyer, Kate and Juliet standing in front of the bus is the final shot of part 1. Part 2 opens with Locke and Richard seeing the foot of the statue. So everything before that opening with Locke and Richard is fair game for your episode vid of part 1.
Dzhelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

So the shot of Sawyer, Kate and Juliet standing in front of the bus is the final shot of part 1. Part 2 opens with Locke and Richard seeing the foot of the statue. So everything before that opening with Locke and Richard is fair game for your episode vid of part 1.
Aislynn, thanks a lot for your help)))
It's even longer, than I expected (I'm going to make bound after Jin and Sun wedding)

xXAngelicEvilXx, MariaPurt, thanks for your hospitality
AOwermteve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a spambot troll thing!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy CRAP!

*swats at the spammer* shoo! shoo! Dun make me git tha flyswattir n tha hose varmit!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves around anti-spam wand in thread*

Geez! :s Stupid bad spammers!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's banhammer time!

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! And Ais saves the day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: