Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Open Your Eyes" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: "Open Your Eyes" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Open Your Eyes" 07-21-2009
[July 2009 contest submission] Jack and Kate return to the lives they once knew, with Jack reconnecting with someone from his past, and Kate meeting a troubled young man while on the run. Were they ever destined to cross paths?
Song: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 4:10 (42.1MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLjZ8A0Bks

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this fantastic video! Great AU/Crossover, (not that you aren't brilliant at that anyway) this video is exceptional! I really loved the storyline, it was well told, and that non-LOST footage you tied in worked wonderfully (I don't watch Gossip Girl, so I don't know the context of any of the guy's scene's). Really good manipulation. For some reason at the end I was waiting for the coveted Kingdom Hospital shot of Evie in the coffin... but even though it didn't come the video ended amazingly (albeit sadly)! GOLD.
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really great video. i loved the storyline, almost want it to happen it was so good. it was nice to see kate with someone other than jack or sawyer, who was more of her age. those manips with the gossip girl guy went really well. and i was glad jack and sarah were back together..or atleast tried to be. yea, great video all around
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Wow what an original idea I loved the way that you used the S.Darko clips, it really worked well with this vid.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first seen it I was like "aw not another Jate vid" but I was totally won over by the story! Loved it. The ending was great, really sad.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Freya! I knew I was in for a treat when I saw you had submitted a vid for the contest and I also knew before I watched that it would very original and I was right! I loved Kate finding love with that hot young guy! They were perfect and I found it interesting that she was very content yet Jack felt something was missing the entire time. Very thought provoking...hmmm. My favorite part of the entire thing was the crash when her b/f sees her lying in the rode! The way you used that pic looked so convincing! And then I loved when Sarah asked Jack why he was so upset about not being able to save Kate...and then how he couldn't stay away from the funeral and it ruined his marriage! All fabulously thought out and crafted! And the ending Wow! I think you have a great shot of winning this contest! But good luck anyway!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

GUH! I'm speechless! Absolutely awesome vid Freya!!! The story-line is so damn brilliant and all your scene manips were spot on, it was all so believable! I really loved Jack talking to Sarah at the beginning. All the scenes with Kate and that bloke were brilliant and the whole story with those two, especially the crash scene and the manip of her lying on the ground! Fantastic! Your beat use was awesome and the ending was just...epic! Wonderful work *applauds*
lostbreakers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an amazing video!
I think the idea is really good and you pulled it off really well
I loved the chuck/kate storyline best, they looked great together!
The ending was very sad but amazing especially the clip of both the guys about to jump and kate's voice - worked very well.

great video!
good luck in the contest
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

SO creative and amazing and well-done!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Great job, Freya!

It was honestly a little hard for me to watch Kate with a guy who is so much younger/younger looking. It made me a bit squeamish at first, but despite feeling uncomfortable about it, I totally understood the choice once I saw everything that happened later on in the vid. I thought the story was awesome, the manips were amazing, and I liked the parallel between Jack and the other guy at the end. Very well done!!!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

What an awesome idea for a crossover ship!! Great job, i loved the storyline! Your manips were amazing, i can't get over it. lol Good luck in the contest
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Wow! Great storyline! Liked the crossover and really liked the opening! Great job and good luck!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I love the song, and the storyline was awesome It was perfect, and you edited it all perfectly too It's so great, when au's are easy to follow, but has still got a new and interesting story Loved all the Kate/Chuck au scenes! Those kisses looked so real
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Really well done. The Chuck/Kate stuff was just mindblowingly cool. Great editing! And good luck!
LanaLuthor
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Open Your Eyes by Captain Freya Reply with quote

This ROCKED! The ending was SO un-expected, and the manips were great, gold!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: