Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gossip Girl Finale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Gossip Girl Finale Reply with quote

I liked aspects didn't like aspects of this. I felt like it was really rushed and told way to quickly it almost needed to have a second part to really give it the attention it deserved.

The whole Blair/Russell thing was so amped up in the promo just to be wrapped up in two minutes; that was crazy. It had potential to really go somewhere and it failed.

I am disappointed that Dair had great potential and they ended it the way they did. ENOUGH with Blair and the freaking prince story lines. It happened in season 2 also.

I like how they ended Chair but I think having Blair continue to go back for this guy who treats her that way is ridiculous and shows how weak she is.

I love how Chuck said "I left after two minutes when you didn't show up at the Empire State Building. Louie waited for you all night." LOVED that. It's true.

Chuck, I don't think he loves her, not the way she deserves it. She's really nothing but property to him.

I wish they'd stop bringing Georgina back. She provided nothing but uselessness to the episode.

Charley; I really can't stand her at all. When she claimed she was calling her mom and she said "It worked" or something to that effected I knew she was calling Carol because it was nothing but a set up. But not that she wasn't her daughter.

I was so happy to see Carol finally being added on only to be let down that she was such an annoying bitch. In the flashback she came off as so much fun and lighthearted; she showed NONE of that. She's just as bad as the people she bitches about.

I really do hope they make Serena mature next year. I hope she really takes this seriously.

As for Vanessa...GOOD RIDDANCE! She was so awful this year. I have a huge problem with her because she's always dumping on Dan for liking them and yet she's exactly like them, backstabbing and scheming. It's all she knows. And after she lays on her deconstruction she leaves to avoid the backlash.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID!

Though I think ty left the possibility od Dair wide open. He portrayed her well in his book which will be his SL for next year, and did you see the looks Eric game DB when they were sayng goodbye? And then, of course "It's not Charlie he's talking about". It's made made really clear than Dan does have feelings for Blair. I hope next year they will have Blair realise her feelings for him.

The Chair SL is/was rediculous. She's clearly delusional. Chuck treats her horribly every time and she still keeps going back. Though I know it won't happen, I really wish they were done for good. It's glorifying an abusive relationship to young girls who watcht he show. There are so many young girls who think that Chuck Bass is the perfect guy. That is terrifying to me. Chuck would be best not being part of a ship on the show, there's no way he should be shown as any kind of love interest.

In regards to the pregnancy, I would be very disappointed if it was Blair. Mainly because it's predictable. Does anyone else find it odd that neither Blair or Serena showed no sign of hiding a big secret like a pregnancy?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said as wel!!!!!

I think they left it open. I was just annoyed with how it ended so adurptly this season. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with Dair next season.

I also agree with your comments on Chair/Chuck. It’s an abusive relationship. They’ve made her weak in by going back to him EVERY time. They really don’t have a ‘great love’. I don’t think he loves her at all, if he did he wouldn’t treat her like that. And YES they think he’s the perfect guy and he’s far from it. I got annoyed when they were like “But he didn’t hit her”, no but it was still a violent act whether he hit her or not; and still tried to force himself on her. I think he would have if she hadn’t of stopped him.

The best thing Chuck said was about Louie, how Chuck left after 2 minutes and Louie stayed there all night. Chuck treated Blair like complete shit. Seeing other people and getting mad at her for seeing Dan? I hated that. It was obvious he was pretty serious about Raina.
I’d like them not to be together. At this point I am rooting for Dair. I was a huge Serena/Danfan but she treated him like crap this season. I don’t remember what episode it was but Dan showed up for Blair and Serena was like “What are you doing here?” It was in such a bitchy way. And that whole ep she just treated him wrong. Chuck loves Chuck, plain and simple. I think he likes the idea of Blair more then he actually likes her. He’s an abusive guy, their relationship is so unhealthy for her. She was awesome with Dan; so much more grown up, with Chuck I don’t see her doing that. I see her living in his shadow.

Chuck/Blair reminds me of Edward/Bella from Twilight and how dependant she is of him.

I don’t know why but I think its Eleanor’s. LOL.
[/quote]
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preach!

I used to be totally Derena and Chair, and never thought my little crack ship would happen. But Dair is it for me.

Blair has been ruined the past few episodes. She needs to move on from chuck. I hope that going into the next season we see that. I feel like the Dan SL could be a big deal for her and Dair. The only problem is this pregnancy and the possiblity that she is carrying Chuck's baby. If that wasn't a possiblity I would have higher hopes for Dair!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
preach!

I used to be totally Derena and Chair, and never thought my little crack ship would happen. But Dair is it for me.

Blair has been ruined the past few episodes. She needs to move on from chuck. I hope that going into the next season we see that. I feel like the Dan SL could be a big deal for her and Dair. The only problem is this pregnancy and the possiblity that she is carrying Chuck's baby. If that wasn't a possiblity I would have higher hopes for Dair!

I really hope it's not her child. Chuck isn't father material. But Dan would be! We've seen that with Milo.

I didn't think I'd like Dair because I was a huge Derena fan but seeing them really changed my mind. They're awesome together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: