Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Leylin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted in this thread yet because I didn't feel there was anything I could add that Aislynn already hasn't.

Thank you Aislynn by the way for clearing up the confusion about whether or not myself or anyone else had visited her. I haven't ever visited her, but have been speaking with her on the phone since February of 2006 -- which makes the truth (the lie?) even more unbelievable for me since we've spoken for so long and with such frequency. We would watch TV on the phone a lot. One time I even cut out of a night class early to come home and watch Lost on the phone with her.

(Just an FYI, two other old members of the forum have spoken on the phone both with Ley and with myself. Fan4Lost and Mistojen. I believe Marcus and Paul also have spoken with Ley on MSN Chat and myself on Skype so if you're thinking I'm some sort of clone, they can verify that we are in fact two quite separate and distinct people.)

As for anyone else on the forum, I don't remember reading anyone say they had visited her or Ley telling me that anyone from the forum had visited her. There was just her sister Hayley. I *think* Hayley may have had a separate account here at one time and then eventually she just took to posting with Leylin's account. That *may* have been at another forum though. (The LT at the website linked in my signature, or one of the two URLs we had before that -- we've moved a couple times.)

Anyway, I'm sure you guys are all tired of hearing it. I can assure you, no one else was in on this that I know of. Discovering those pictures and all of the subsequent events, Ley's confession, and the aftermath, has been an eye-opening and difficult experience. And I honestly just don't want people thinking I somehow corroborated this story.

As soon as I knew the truth and shared and discussed it with Aislynn (and she gave Ley the appropriate amount of time to have a chance to explain herself to the forum), we shared what we knew with everyone who knows Ley or even *about* Ley in any capacity. Which wasn't an easy thing to do, but it had to be done.

Personally, I still care for her despite this and was afraid the reaction would be bitter, angry, hateful. But those of you here have proven to me that people can be caring and sensitive even in the darkest of circumstances. So thank you all for that.

Last edited by SuperKC on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, Thanks so much for info and for your amazingness with this. I was really an outsider to the whole thing, but I know that there were a lot of people that were affected by Ley. (Myself included) No one more so than you I believe. Im sure that of all of us, this is hitting you the hardest. *hugs*

I do agree with what everyone has been saying that LVI is one of the most welcoming places that Ive seen on the net...making the whole thing unnecessary.

I hope that if anything it strengthens the relationships and friendships that we have here.

<3
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs KC*

You're a sweetheart for posting here hun because I know how rough this whole thing must have hit you so hard and completely by surprised. I'm so sorry this happened to you because you're such a sweetie. Hopefully we can move on from this eventually

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, KC, for taking time to post here. I know what a difficult time this has been for you because I think you were closer to Leylin than anybody else here. I still catch myself wondering if this was just some bizarre dream I had because it doesn't seem like it could really have been real.

All I think that's left to say now is... *hugs*
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC I've never gotten to talk with you on here, but I just want to say thank you for being so brave and so wonderful, and to say how sorry I am for what you must be going through right now.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thanks so much for sharing this with us, KC. It cleared up a lot of confusion for a lot of us. Like Becca, I'm so sorry for what you must be going through, having been so close to Ley and all. *hugs*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, i don't check the forum as frequently as others do. wow i really dunno what to say. i'm shocked just like the rest of you all.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, I havent posted on here for years so, HI EVERYONE (I see KC, Ais & Paul & Nikki are still here hello to you lovely people) Uh, yeah i'm really shocked by this as today I suddenly thought of LVI, and then Leylin, and thought "I wonder.." so I logged on to see what the U/D was, feeling kind of guilty life got the better of me and I didnt keep in touch with her or her, *ahem* "battle" with Cancer, and then I read this.

Yeah kind of abit pissed off. I know you guys are just grateful we wont have to face "that day" - but i'm just... too shocked to even think of being grateful about that.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the car earlier listening to a story of a child that had cancer on the radio and I started thinking of Leyin. But then my brain kicked in and reminded me it wasn't real. And that wasn't the first time that happened. It's just so weird. Her story was and is still so real to me.
Has anyone else experienced this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chipping in as I'd read this thread a while back but didn't want to bump it up with my opinion:

Leylin was one of the people I knew back when I was last on the site--I think we were Youtube friends on my old account, but that's just a probable guess. Because I've been on the internet longer than Methuselah, though (OK, since age ten--that's almost nineteen years), I kind of let the whole 'cancer' claim go unpressed. I'm naturally skeptical about those sorts of things, because I'm fairly cynical by nature.

Lots of people on the internet claim to have lots of things. Munchausen's (note: not saying Leylin necessarily does have this) is a lot easier to enact when people can't verify your symptoms, after all. In my experience, people who really have drastic illnesses tend to keep them to themselves, outside of specific support communities.

Nikki, the only thing I can encourage you (and anyone else) to do, if you're still affected by her story: Donate to cancer research, particularly at any research facility near you. Medical research was severely curtailed in the US in the last decade; it needs all the help and devotion that it can get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: