Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Leylin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..what a thing to come back to. I think I've known Ley for about 2 years now and I've always thought of her as the strongest, sweetest girl out there. I still can't believe this is true. I'm so confused, as I'm sure a lot of you are. I'm confused as to the extent of the lie. So all that detail about the surgeries, her recoveries, her sister's updates, that clip of her in her headscarf-all fake? All made up? I just..can't understand. There was so much detail. I was so so worried about her and concerned. I feared one day I was going to read a post saying that the worst had happened. Thank Goodness there's not going to be one, but really, this seems just as awful at the moment. Just, how? Why? I keep thinking about it and every last part of her story just..makes sense. It doesn't seem fake at all. Very real, in fact. It's no wonder so many people believed it. For so long...all those gifts and kind comments sent to her, those prayers said for her. There's so many things that don't make sense..I thought KC said she went to visit her in the hospital and they watched Lost together or something along those lines. I just don't get it...but I'm sure nobody does.

I'm not angry at all. Just shaken up and shocked, and of course, confused. Maybe I should be angry but I don't feel bitter. Just very very saddened and upset. I feel like I've missed something here, that I'm perhaps wrong. I don't think we'll ever be able to understand why she did such a thing. Perhap's that's best.

Leylin, if you're reading, I'm very sorry you felt like you had to keep up such a story and try to provoke such concern from the members here. You had many friends and people who cared about you, I being one of them. I'm still very shocked and confused at this but I'm still not angry. I'm sure this will be the last time we speak (if you are in fact reading this) so I wish you the best in the future and that you never feel like you have to lie about something such as this again.
sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know her or anything, I've noticed the banners showing support and the like on this site and have always felt so sorry for what we thought she was going through. Having lost so many family members to cancer over the last year or so I'm saddened to hear that someone would lie about having it.

Ais, I think you've handled this very tactfully and I really admire you for that. *hugs for everyone*
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...what a shock!I've been away for some time and the moment i saw the thred i thought the worst...but that was beyond my imagination....i don't know how i feel...personaly i have close relative who died from cancer and i knew how difficult is for the family...that's something which can be done only by a very troubled person...i hope she figure out the problems she's having and what the f*** is wrong with her life...but for me that a cry for attention...Lay if you're reading this i beg you not to do this again with other people in other forum...because almost every person has lost a close friend or a relative from cancer...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.I thought KC said she went to visit her in the hospital and they watched Lost together or something along those lines. I just don't get it...but I'm sure nobody does.

I thought that too Jemma...I was really confused about that. But Ais said that KC has only talked to her on the phone. Maybe Leylin made that part up about KC visiting her? I'm also still confused if Haley is a real person or not?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain it was another person who said they went to see her. I don't want to accuse anyone else of lying but I'm still very confused about that.

And, now that you mention it, whenever Hayley posted she always seemed very serious and would word her posts quite differently to Ley's. But one time or another I saw a slight slip in Hayley's posts and she started to sound a bit more like Ley. I just thought that was odd but I honestly have no idea. I would really prefer to stop thinking about it but unfortunately, I just keep wondering...

I just hope this doesn't cause anyone to mistrust any of their other online friends. I know I would hate for us to start being suspicious of one another because of this.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that it was KC who said she visited her (but the CM's said she had nothing to do with it... but why we all of us remember this? I'm not accusing, I believe them, I'm just confuzzled), she often posted for Ley and said how she was doing, and tried to organize us sending her gifts and stuff. I always thought Hayley sounded a bit like Ley, she had similar spelling issues and writing style, but I didn't really look into it closely or care cuz they were sisters. But I don't find it hard to believe that they were the same person. I'm so confused. Poor Ley! She must be going through crazy things if she has to resort to this... or maybe she really isn't as bad as we think? Ever think she was a little insecure and made up something to get attention and sympathy and it just escalated into this huge lie? She seemed to move it along, but it is a possibility. It's just so crazy, I don't want to think that she really is that messed up.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I remember thinking it was a little weird that "Haley" took so much time to update us. I remember thinking that if that was happening to one of my family members I wouldn't feel like updating on a forum like that but I just thought that it must be really important to Leylin and her sister promised her. The post about her surgeries and such were so elaborate. You'd have to do research and everything to make it sound realistic. Which is just crazy that someone would put in that kind of effort to be deceitful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in shock...I've read all Haley's posts about Leylin's condition and everything seemed so real and true...but as Nikki said I also remember thinking that if that was happening to one of my family members or relative I wouldn't feel like updating on a forum or even sitting on a computer...the whole situation is so rediculuos and WRONG...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I almost feel like its gotta be mistake b/c it did seem so real, also seems like there is a lot more to the story we don't know.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
There's so many things that don't make sense..I thought KC said she went to visit her in the hospital and they watched Lost together or something along those lines. I just don't get it...but I'm sure nobody does.

They used to watch Lost over the phone, I know. KC would call her at the time when it came on and they'd watch together and talk it over, etc. that way. So I know they did things together like that or over the 'net but not in person.

From the conversations via email I've had with KC over this, I can tell you that I believe she was truly, honestly shocked and devastated by this.

Jemmz wrote:
I would really prefer to stop thinking about it but unfortunately, I just keep wondering...

I know what you mean, hon. Not really knowing why, just having to make guesses, thinking about all these things that we thought we knew then turned out not to be true, etc., it's really hard.

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Poor Ley! She must be going through crazy things if she has to resort to this... or maybe she really isn't as bad as we think? Ever think she was a little insecure and made up something to get attention and sympathy and it just escalated into this huge lie? She seemed to move it along, but it is a possibility.

I think that's as much a possibility as anything. How bad would your life have to be to make up SUCH an elaborate story like this?

It's just a sad thing no matter how you go at it, no matter what the real details are that we might never know. It's just sad for her and it's sad for us.

Jemmz wrote:
I just hope this doesn't cause anyone to mistrust any of their other online friends. I know I would hate for us to start being suspicious of one another because of this.

Ditto! We can't let one bad experience cause us to stop being the same caring group of people that we've always been. That would be an even more tragic ending to this than it already is! *hugs everybody* ♥!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Jemmz wrote:

Ditto! We can't let one bad experience cause us to stop being the same caring group of people that we've always been. That would be an even more tragic ending to this than it already is! *hugs everybody* ♥!

I agree to an extent, but obviously as this situation has showed us, even the most seemingly trustworthy people can be hiding something or lying, so you just gotta be really careful. Such is the sad truth of the internet. I know it's very easy to get attached to online friends, but all too often, people misrepresent themselves for a multitude of different reasons.

I'm not saying that we should all start being suspicious of one another - actually quite the contrary, I feel that LVI is actually a very welcoming place with some of the most genuine people I've ever met in my life - all I'm saying is to just trust your instincts. If you feel you can trust someone, trust them. But if something or other doesn't make sense or feels off - go with your gut.

It's really sad that Ley felt she needed to do this, but like Sass said, maybe her life is just *that* bad that she needed to do something like this to get some kind of attention she needed. Or maybe she has a disorder - it's sad that we probably won't ever know why.....

I still maintain though that in spite of this sad truth, it's really heartwarming to see just how caring everyone here at LVI is. *group hugs*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything everyone has said thus far. There are so many feelings flying around and so much confusion as to why & how.

It's so easy to be someone else or tell lies on the internet. It's pretty tough to prove someone wrong.

At the forum I used to frequent, LOST TV forum. There was a member who was sweet, nice, funny. Then everyone found out she had just been arrested for stalking someone & ( I THINK, because it has been SO long since this happened) that she was going to try to kill them or something along those lines.

Everyone was in shock, couldn't believe what had happened. Definitely agree with Nep, there's no need to hide yourself away or be afraid to trust, but do be careful, because you never do know who is really on the other side of the monitor.

I'm still surprised by this whole situation, but I think she needed an outlet of some kind, and unfortunately this is the one she chose. I hope she does get better, both in mind & body.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I most certainly advocate practicing very good Internet safety, I hope you'd never think I was saying otherwise. Always listen to your instincts because you don't know who you're really talking to. Be very careful giving out personal info like your full name, address, phone number, etc. Better safe than sorry, any time!

And, it's sad to say, but I think most of us will now have at least a little suspicion whenever we come across somebody telling us about something very bad happening in their life, there will be a tiny bit of nagging doubt, "Well, did they really have [whatever] happen to them?" But at the same time, I hope that it doesn't make us quick to blow people off with a "Oh yeah, sure, if THAT'S even true..." sort of response. It never hurts to use good, old fashion common sense but at the same time we don't want to start automatically assuming that everybody is lying. That's the caring spirit I hope we keep. It never hurts to tell somebody, "I'm so sorry that happened to you." If it's a lie, it didn't cost you anything but if it's true, it just might help encourage somebody at a bad point in their life.
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh I had absolutely no idea!
I saw the thread around here but because I never knew Leylin I didn't feel it was right to say anything. That is a massive shock though, and totally unexpected that it has been done.
How did you find out? If you don't mind me asking because its strange to come clean about it if it was a big lie.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagedfreedom wrote:
Oh my gosh I had absolutely no idea!
I saw the thread around here but because I never knew Leylin I didn't feel it was right to say anything. That is a massive shock though, and totally unexpected that it has been done.
How did you find out? If you don't mind me asking because its strange to come clean about it if it was a big lie.

Read back to find out Rosie Ais made a post about it But yes; it is a big shock to all of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: