Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Leylin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm pretty shocked by this, and will agree with others that she just didn't seem the type.

I'm a little vexed by it to be honest. I could probably understand the reasoning that could be behind it, perhaps a lack of support from her family and so she needed to get some kind of it somewhere. There could be a million reasons, but it does suck when I know people who are struggling with the real thing.

I agree with everyone though. This place is spanking full of people who care and would do anything to help. We haven't lost her, won't have to lose her, but yes, how this ended sucked.

Leylin, I hope you find what you're looking for, that your RSD will ease in the future and that you find the support you need.

I can't judge anyone because who knows what else she may not have told us. The lie could have been "acting out" because of something in her personal life, and it snowballed. Perhaps she lost someone, perhaps things are not right at home. It could be anything. I do hope she gets better.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
*hugs everybody*

Paul and Nikki, like we mentioned in the first post, we gave her a deadline to come clean, with her being aware that if she didn't do it, then we would have no choice but to do it ourselves. So this was the very soonest we could reveal this, since we wanted to give what we felt was a fair amount of time for her to do the telling about it herself.

sorry Ais I think I missed that part about giving her time to come clean...my mind was just spinning when I was reading your post b/c it was such a shock and not what I had expected to read at all. When I saw the subject head I almost didn't click on it b/c I was pretty sure what it was going to be about and wasn't sure I was ready to read something like that. Sorry if I am being nosey now but did she come to you and tell you she had been lying all this time and then you told her to come clean or did you some how find out? Also I'm confused b/c isn't there another member on this site that said she visited her in the hospital and such? I could be wrong but I thought there was someone that knew her in RL and would post here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
*hugs everybody*

Paul and Nikki, like we mentioned in the first post, we gave her a deadline to come clean, with her being aware that if she didn't do it, then we would have no choice but to do it ourselves. So this was the very soonest we could reveal this, since we wanted to give what we felt was a fair amount of time for her to do the telling about it herself.

sorry Ais I think I missed that part about giving her time to come clean...my mind was just spinning when I was reading your post b/c it was such a shock and not what I had expected to read at all. When I saw the subject head I almost didn't click on it b/c I was pretty sure what it was going to be about and wasn't sure I was ready to read something like that. Sorry if I am being nosey now but did she come to you and tell you she had been lying all this time and then you told her to come clean or did you some how find out? Also I'm confused b/c isn't there another member on this site that said she visited her in the hospital and such? I could be wrong but I thought there was someone that knew her in RL and would post here.

Yeah, I'm confused about that too.. I don't remember who it was, and maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, someone came and visited etc. and seemed to be very close friends with Leylin...
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost-majs wrote:
nikkimonique wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
*hugs everybody*

Yeah, I'm confused about that too.. I don't remember who it was, and maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, someone came and visited etc. and seemed to be very close friends with Leylin...

Yeah, I was wondering about that too... I don't mean to accuse anyone or anything, but I thought someone here knew her in RL...

icon by becca
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Elyse I'm just really confused about this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're all a little confused right now Nik This is just too insane for words....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the sadder I just feel for Leylin. I don't know what would make a person feel the need to do this....

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These questions and just the overall confusion are totally understandable. This is a mess in many ways.

Anyway, there are two people here who had more contact with Leylin than the rest of us did:

Hayley, who said she was Leylin's older sister, posted under Leylin's account and was the one who gave us the last bunch of updates for the past few months. Who exactly Hayley is, whether she's "real" or if she was simply made-up, we probably will have no way to ever know for sure. She definitely could be an older sister who agreed to help her fabricate this "story" but we can't prove it either way.

KC (SuperKC) met Leylin here at LVI, then they eventually progressed to talking on the phone, though they never met in person.

KC (I cleared it with her before giving her name, by the way) is the one who came to me a few weeks ago after having discovered some recently dated pictures of Leylin, looking healthier and doing activities that she should've been far too sick to do according to the last updates we'd received. We were both completely, utterly shocked at what that could mean, and started looking into it. This was a process that took a bit of time, emailing back and forth, trying to get a hold of people by phone, etc. We definitely didn't want to mention this to anyone until we were sure that it wasn't just some horrible misunderstanding.

Eventually though, Leylin admitted that she had lied about having cancer. Why? We really don't know. Maybe she really doesn't understand it herself.

That's one reason why I'm so proud of how you guys have responded. It's hard not to feel angry or betrayed when you find out something like this. Many of us have invested years in being wrapped up in her "battle" with cancer and it's only natural to feel a whole parade of emotions at finding out that this was just an elaborate and intricately fabricated story.

However, the very nature of how elaborate and intricate a lie this was tells us that this isn't a well person we're dealing with. And I'm so proud that you've mentioned that so many times now. You've still been able to extend sympathy and empathy towards her, no matter what she may have done, because you realized that she IS unwell, just in a different way than we imagined.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply a devastating situation. I'm sure many of us LVIers that have been around for a while are feeling very betrayed by this extended lie.

I know quite a few people here were closer to Leylin than others and to them, I extend my sympathies because I can't even imagine what you must be feeling.

we felt like we simply couldn't not tell the people who have invested so much caring into her well-being.

You did the right thing.

I hope Leylin gets the mental help she needs and deserves and that we one day get to know the real her.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering my questions Ais. I too was wondering who Haley really was and if it was just Leylin pretending to be Haley or a different person helping her. Its just all so bizarre.

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly shocking and bizarre. Im not sure what to think of this. If anything though i feel sympathy for ley. She may not have cancer but she still has a sickness and hopefully she can get it straightened out. All i can say is god bless her and her family. Thanks for informing us Aislynn.
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. I've not been on this site that long in comparison to some people but Ive been following the story closely. I'm not angry nor that betrayed by the story because there's obviously something wrong with her.
I guess the mature thing to do is just be grateful that the truth is out and move on. People here are so supportive and kind, I'd feel immensely guilty if I pulled something like this. In fact, I couldn't go through with it full stop. It sounds kinda sad but I have more friends on here, than I do in real life

Big thanks to everyone here for being mature and supportive with this kind of story. *hugs* It shouldn't happen but at least the truth is out, right?

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for letting us know, Ais. When I heard the news originally, I was extremely shocked and confused about the whole thing. I wasn't bitter or betrayed, even though I have spoken with her through PM and MSN and tried to get to know her a bit.. I just felt stunned, not sure of what to say or how to think. It's just so shocking that someone would do something like this, to tell such an elaborate lie that lasted for years! Clearly something is wrong with her emotionally though, and I certainly hope that she can get some help, whether it be from family or friends, or elsewhere.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this sort of thing in other groups, but never to this degree. Usually it's much less elaborate ploys for sympathy, affection, or attention that play out over time and expose themselves naturally... as I guess this situation did.

It's mind numbingly confusing, and I think this is one of those moments where you step back and realize that we are truly pioneers in a strange and unknown environment... the internet. So new, still, and we're only just beginning to get a taste of an entirely new sociological dynamic. People like this are just one tiny facet of a complex big picture.

I've only been here a year and a half, but something just always sat funny with me as far as her story went, and I am just so sorry to know that all of you are having to deal with the frustration of having expended all that pain and sympathy for nothing.

I hope that Leylin is able to find some help and support in her real life, so that she can overcome whatever feelings led her and everyone else to this place.

(((HUGS))) to everyone!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm new to the forums but i noticed the suppor-signaturs. I admired her for all she was (presumably) going through and really felt for her.
I remember the time when my mother was suffering from breast cancer.
It was horrible.

I don't think I'm angry or anything, i feel even more sorry for her.
Something in her life must be really broken. Anyone who is capable of
doing something like this, really should find some help anywhere.

Leylin I don't know you but I wish you the best in the world in hope you will get better and happy so you never have to do something like this again.

*hugs all of you*
And the most important. All of you kind and precious LVI people, I'll thank
you for the love you gave Leylin and I'm glad that all these people who
would have every right to feel angry and betrayed dealed with the
situation in such a mature way. Makes me proud to be a member of this
board and altho i don't know Leylin at all i'm sure she feels/felt the same
way.
                                 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: