Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU)" by Jo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: "Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU)" by Jo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU)" 07-30-2009
July 2009 contest submission. The reset works, but unfortunately for Jack, whats meant to be is meant to be, and history repeats itself with disastrous consequences.
Song: Letters from the Sky by Civil Twilight
Vidder: Jo
Length: 3:45 (51.8MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CabM47U71z8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQ30HTX4

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are literally no words to describe this vid. Epic isn't big enough.

EPIC

is still not big enogh!!!!

Im in shock at how FANTASTIC this was! Those manipped scenes were flawless, kate meeting jack in the bar, sawyer and kate in the car together; all those manipped scenes of them standing with each other -

the story was so believable and so well told, loved the baby storyline and jacks craziness; especially when he came to the door banging and screaming. and that crazy beat use at the end.....WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

BRILLIANT vid Jo; literally one of the very best I have ever seen in my vidding life.

DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

WOW! Speechless.
Devera
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

Wow. Words can't do justice to how well you made this story work and how amazing your manipulations were. It was so well done I almost was sitting here wondering what episode I didn't watch where all that happened! I'm not a fan of Jack a lot of the time, but man, I felt really sorry for him when they showed up having a baby in his hospital...like he needed an excuse to get crazier. XD Excellent job, you must have put so much work into this to make it so believable. Great job.
Karowyn
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

Holy cow!!! That was incredible :O

By far, one of the best AU vids i've ever seen!!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already commented on youtube but yes I agree with Kat...it was very epic and I'm still blown away by the manips! I had to go watch it again! Just wow wow wow!! Oh and I forgot to add that if you don't win this contest I'll be shocked..You better win! Or at least I think you deserve to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LanaLuthor
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to win the contest, this rocked!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

This was one of the BEST AU vids I've EVER seen!!!! From the insanely perfectly timed crazy fast flashes at the beginning and end, to the perfectly lined up manips, to the amazing creative perfectly told story-everything about this was perfection.

BTW, what's the last thing Kate says to Jack? I couldn't make it out on my computer. Thanks!
supermander11
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

WOW!! This is incredible!! One of the best videos I've seen in a while, the whole story, the manips, and the part at the end where it flashes through the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle from all 5 season was amazing!! I loved this!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
there are literally no words to describe this vid. Epic isn't big enough.

EPIC

is still not big enogh!!!!

Im in shock at how FANTASTIC this was! Those manipped scenes were flawless, kate meeting jack in the bar, sawyer and kate in the car together; all those manipped scenes of them standing with each other -

the story was so believable and so well told, loved the baby storyline and jacks craziness; especially when he came to the door banging and screaming. and that crazy beat use at the end.....WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

BRILLIANT vid Jo; literally one of the very best I have ever seen in my vidding life.

Oh wow, this post put such a huge smile on my face. Thank you so, so, so much! I'm glad you liked the manips! It was my first time using "cut" instead of cookie cutter, and I really like how it came out, particularly the scenes with Kate and Sawyer in the maternity ward.

DJC Productions
wrote:
WOW! Speechless.

Thank you!

Devera
wrote:
Wow. Words can't do justice to how well you made this story work and how amazing your manipulations were. It was so well done I almost was sitting here wondering what episode I didn't watch where all that happened! I'm not a fan of Jack a lot of the time, but man, I felt really sorry for him when they showed up having a baby in his hospital...like he needed an excuse to get crazier. XD Excellent job, you must have put so much work into this to make it so believable. Great job.

Thank you! Yeah, sucks for Jack that they went and had their kid where he works. I do love it when Jack goes nuts, though. He does it so well.

Karowyn
wrote:
Holy cow!!! That was incredible :O

By far, one of the best AU vids i've ever seen!!!!

Awesome, thank you so much!

nikkimonique wrote:
I already commented on youtube but yes I agree with Kat...it was very epic and I'm still blown away by the manips! I had to go watch it again! Just wow wow wow!! Oh and I forgot to add that if you don't win this contest I'll be shocked..You better win! Or at least I think you deserve to.

Thanks! Good to know I have the people's vote at least, haha!

[quote="LanaLuthor"]This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to win the contest, this rocked!
ciaimpala
wrote:
y appreciate it!

[quote="ciaimpala
"]This was one of the BEST AU vids I've EVER seen!!!! From the insanely perfectly timed crazy fast flashes at the beginning and end, to the perfectly lined up manips, to the amazing creative perfectly told story-everything about this was perfection.

BTW, what's the last thing Kate says to Jack? I couldn't make it out on my computer. Thanks!

Thank you so much! The quick flashes were a real labour of love (imagine going through all five seasons, cutting out tiny little clips, while the deadline is drawing ever nearer ), and I love how they came out, so I'm real happy you liked them!

The last thing Kate says to Jack is "It was all misery". There's a big description on youtube with most of the dialogue.

supermander11
wrote:
WOW!! This is incredible!! One of the best videos I've seen in a while, the whole story, the manips, and the part at the end where it flashes through the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle from all 5 season was amazing!! I loved this!

Thank you! Glad you liked the end bit, it almost drove me nuts lining all those clips up. Man, those three have been through a lot of drama.
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've told you several times in several different places..but this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!! You're a genius. The manips gave me chills because they are so believable!! the coloring, the beat,the editing and storyline are amazing
I think and HOPEEE...this will happen on the show. skate together and jack dying in the end..I think the circunstances will be different but the exactly end will be something like that. Lets hope. My skate heart is soo damaged right now..this video gave me hope!
You're soooo going to win this! At least you deserve it, coz your video rocks, it's deff one of my fav videos EVER..and believe me I've seen a loooooot. You should pre proud of yourself!! I would.
and whoooa I think this is the longest comment I made here...ahaha

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deia wrote:
I've told you several times in several different places..but this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!! You're a genius. The manips gave me chills because they are so believable!! the coloring, the beat,the editing and storyline are amazing
I think and HOPEEE...this will happen on the show. skate together and jack dying in the end..I think the circunstances will be different but the exactly end will be something like that. Lets hope. My skate heart is soo damaged right now..this video gave me hope!
You're soooo going to win this! At least you deserve it, coz your video rocks, it's deff one of my fav videos EVER..and believe me I've seen a loooooot. You should pre proud of yourself!! I would.
and whoooa I think this is the longest comment I made here...ahaha

The support you're giving this vid makes me so happy. It's like having my own cheersquad! I too hope Skate end up together and Jack finally gets his redemption-by-death deal, because honestly, if Kate goes for Jack after everything he's done to her, I'll just feel icky all over. When I added all the little superfast clips near the end, I had to go through a lot of different Jate scenes to pick out the most suitable bits, and he has this horrible habit of mocking her when she's begging him for support, and it's just so... wrong. I definately feel like Jack needs to do something huge to redeem himself, not just for his treatment of Kate, but for Juliet and Locke and everyone, and a heroic death would be just the ticket. Or a lot of cake. I'm not a monster - if the choice is death or cake, I'll go for cake.

But, ahem, yeah. Thank you a million times over!
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wow...absolutely amazing vid...

out of curiosity i saw you said you used cut instead of cookie cutter...normally i mask or use cookie cutter...but is "cut" a certain feature?? lol sorry i feel dumb and having a major vid block right now...i'm just so floored how perfect it is...I adore the coloring too...the b/w scenes and the the colors...it was all an absolutely amazing storyline too...I can totally see you win this contest, and i'm already convinced you will...everything was absolutely perfect!!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Made for this (Jack/Kate/Sawyer AU) by Jo Reply with quote

Thanks!

Hmm, the cut thing is a bit long-winded to explain, haha, and should have a thread of its own with screencaps and things, but basically it's about setting the compositing mode to cut on one grid and the one below it to "make compositing child", and then you can cut out bits from the compositing grid with the help of psd pics added to the cut grid. I'm really botching this explanation, aren't I? It's actually quite simple once you've got the hang of it.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One comment on YouTube just isn't enough.

So, here it goes...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap that was amazing. Perhaps the BEST video I have ever seen. And that's saying something, because I've watched and voted on hundreds of videos. Perhaps thousands at this point. That was just incredible. Your manipulations were the best I've seen, I loved every one of them. The storyline was my favorite that I've ever seen (AU-wise, and maybe canon-wise as well) because it was so SUPER SKATE and anti Jack. Excellent. You really portrayed him perfectly. Such a jerk. This HAS to win the contest. It would be ridiculous if it didn't. You should be so proud. You definitely receive a gold from me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: