Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Torchwood: Children of Earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Torchwood: Children of Earth Reply with quote

I can't believe there isn't already a topic for this. For all my american chums, Torchwood tried to revive the franchise by putting a miniseries on every night for a week. If it's ever on over there, or you can watch it online, I would highly recommend it!
So, anyone else watch it?! How freakin dark was tonight's episode? I was like, "what the hell?! This is the BBC!! They don't have child sacrifices and family shootings and whatnot!" Veeeery dark stuff!
Does anyone know if this is the end of Torchwood for good?? It certainly seemed like it. It seems like it was either the end, or they'll do the Skins Series 3 thing, and just get a whole new Torchwood team. That would kidna suck. Still can't believe it about Ianto! I love the gays! Saad!

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my goodness, it was amazing, dark, horrific, terrible and beautiful

That last scene with Frobischer and the narration over it 'he was a good man' (((((((((((((((((((((((
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know right?! That was so messed up. As he was walking up the stairs I was like "No.. no.. He's not gonna... omg!" The voiceover as he was doing it was a touch of genius though! Just added to the darkness (If that was even possible!)
Btw, I LOVE your banner! It's looks kinda complicated, like it has mind-boggling layers and overlays and stuff. Those kinda things baffle me! Very pretty though!

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The narration was the icing on the cake really

Aw thank you very much!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I wasn't too happy with this, I thought it was kinda meh for me lol.
There was some really dark stuff like when the kid was having the fit I was like OMG!

I've heard there's gonna be another series, but I have no idea how that's gonna work :S and I really was hoping to see the Doctor as well lol.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dark stuff but you have to mix it in with some humor or mini victories and stuff like that else it is gonna depress the audience and it did depress me especially the ending seriously?? Using kids as drugs was horrifying but I love it shame there wasn't a happy ending.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freakin' love Torchwood (as you can see from my sig)
This season was the best, so dark ... but they killed Ianto
I have no idea how they're gonna continue it ... maybe they'll make another Jack out of the parts of him that were exploded ... 'cause if you remember, after the blast, Jack regrew himself out of a shoulder and an arm, or something like that
And we never actually saw Owen die the second time around, so fingers crossed there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: