Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lost In My Life" by Kuliet4ever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: "Lost In My Life" by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Lost In My Life" 06-28-2009
June 2009 contest submission
Song: In My Life by The Beatles
Vidder: Kuliet4ever
Length: 2:29 (14.99 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lus_2ryLJPE
http://www.mediafire.com/?nitwtimhonx

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Cute vid, Stacey! I really liked the sped-up clips - and I liked all the scenes you chose, particularly the Shannon/Boone one and the one of Alex and Rousseau. Good luck in the contest!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha...very cute Stacey and great song choice! I especially loved the lyric interpretation in the beginning and the scenes about the people who have died...and all the Skate parts of course...I think the sped up clips were a little overused...I liked some of them and thought they were placed well but I think a mixture of effects would have been better. Just my opinion though. oh and haha of course you'd end it on Suliet!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Such a sweet ensemble video! Liked how you picked up the speed towards the end, and loved the Suliet moment at the end too! Good luck!
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

That was a really cute vid!!! I've always liked this Beatles song and you did a great job getting all those characters in there. Good job with this and Good Luck in the Contest!!!
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eryn- Thanks so much! I was hoping on finding a bit of each season. Thanks!

Nikki- Thanks hun! Main reason for the abundance of speed Was that I clips a crap load of clips and then I was like "Where am I going to put them all?" I still ended up deleting alot of them. I wanted to put a bunch of clips and I did succeed in that. And of course, with the Suliet. I wanted to make sure that my Liz clips were strategically placed.

xXAngelicEvilXx- Thanks alot! I of course had to have Suliet at the end there! Thanks again!

buffyfan145- Thank you so much! This one is my fave too! (It used to be the theme to the show Providence, which I loved) I really did want to get as many characters as possible. Thanks again!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

That was super sweet, Stacey! I love that you touched on a little bit of everyone, even background characters. The sped up clips were a cool touch, and I loved the audio at the end, too! Great job! Good luck in the contest!!!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Aww cute vid Stacey! Really enjoyed it Loved the bit near the beginning with how Dharmaville has changed 'not for the better' thought that was very clever. And I loved the little "bloop" at the end, gave me a real good chuckle Fab job and good luck in the contest!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Great vid, Stacey! Awesome lyric use.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh; stace, loved the colouring of this one you've certainly figured it out earlier than I did i was like 'eep!" lol loved the clip/lyric choices here. like the ana/libby, hurley/libby for 'some are dead and some are living' :] I don't think you needed the sped up clips; they would have been more effective IMO as slo mo or just reaction/expression shots. i thank you repeatedly for using Claire in your ensemble!!! she's often left behind i like how you subtle placed liz/jules scenes at 'i love you more' as if we didn't know that and 'bloop' to you too!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved your clip choices, like for "some are dead and some are living," very effective! And, of course, we knew who "I loved you more" needed to be, lol! I thought the sped up clips worked well when the music took off and had that sort of frenetic harpsichord sound at the 1:32 - 1:45 mark!

Really nice job covering a lot of ground with a lot of characters! I enjoyed it a lot! ♥!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Lost In My Life by Kuliet4ever Reply with quote

Stacey, this was really wonderful! I love this song!!! It truely is an amazing, amazing, ensemble song, it was perfect for Lost. Your clip choices and your lyric interpretation were really nicely done! I liked "With lovers and friends, I can still recall" you had Sun and Jin then Sawyer and Jack hug. I love how in this song their voices, they totally mesh together.. they do in every other song, but this one is sweeter I love it..I also liked how you made the clips really fast at the snazzy piano beats, that was pretty cool Good luck in the contest !
Kuliet4ever
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia- Thanks so much! I was trying to get a little of everyone! Especially the background people! Thanks again!

Emma- Thanks hun! I did have fun making this one, that Dharmaville clip was one of my favorite transitions. And the "bloop" was just fun! Thanks again!

Heather- Thanks! That was the most fun!

Kat- Thanks so much! I wanted it to have is a bit of a 70's feel, with the enhanced colors. Yeah the sped up clips were really mainly used to squish in as many characters as possible. And of course had to have Claire And the Liz/Jules scenes were the first clips that I placed. I wanted this to be my love letter to Lost (and Liz ) And 'bloop' back Thanks again!

Ais- Thanks hun! Thats one of my favorite lines/scenes in the vid. But of course, what vid from me (with lyrics like that) would be complete with out Liz. Thanks again!

Kate- Thank you so much! This is my favorite song from them! I of course had to have Jin and Sun when talking about lovers. Thanks so much hun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: