Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sawyer - Lake of Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Sawyer - Lake of Fire Reply with quote

I submitted four and three made it, so I guess I can't be too bummed. And I'm not. Poor Sawyer. LOL. Actually, if you want to see it you can download it from my website by clicking here. Quicktime format. 8megs.

I tried some new things with it that I personally didn't care for, but wanted to... stretch myself I guess. Not much else to really say about it really.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it might be helpful to actually post a link when I say there's going to be one. LOL. Try here.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!

Last edited by JakeNRoland on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Jakey-I do like this video and enjoy the techniques you used. You are just starting with these "fancy-LOL" effects so I can't wait to see what you come up with later. Do stretch yourself in the future-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link doesn't work.

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right you were. I had added an incorrect letter. It's fixed and should work fine now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.... I liked all of your videos, but this one just seemed lesser than the rest... If it means anything, it was very very close, we had a tied-field until someone redeliberated their vote and it didn't make it through. The effects were really cool, but they just didn't do enough for me to change change my vote on the video.
Well at least you can revel in the fact that we loved the other ones
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said previously, s'all good. Of the four it's the one I sort of go "eh" about also.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you people and your EHHHs. First off everyone has EHHs after a video is completed--find me a person who has absolutely no regrets about even the slightest decision going into a video. For instance, I know 10 seconds into "the snowblower's daughter," my video sucked ass. DID that stop me? no. Does this post have a point? Maybe-when you find it let me know-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't But I know that every single one of mine has huge problems that hopefully only I seem to notice. I've always loved them despite those though lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I can't But I know that every single one of mine has huge problems that hopefully only I seem to notice. I've always loved them despite those though lol

That was my point minus snowblower's daughter LOL. You'll notice the mistakes often more then others. My theory on it is if others notice and care about it- screw them LOL. Oh yeah-laura

Jake's Twin
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding amateur (which I'd hate, despite the fact that I'm the only one commenting here who hasn't got a vid up on LVI ), I thought the effects were really cool! The fact that the vid was about Sawyer didn't hurt either...

I really did like that selectively colorized or b&w thing (and it no doubt has a better name than that! What program did you use, if you don't mind my asking?). Also, I'm a sucker for soundclips mixed into a vid (though the only problem I could mention is the same thing that I've been told about the clips in my own vids -- the music was a bit too loud to hear the clips clearly, so a lot of the words were lost. Er, no pun intended ). That would have been the only thing I would've changed, I'd say.

I really, very seriously liked this one.

~Aislynn
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks again for all those that praise the lowly me. I use Adobe Premiere Pro primarily and uhh yeah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: