Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The rantings of a Heroes newbie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
MY last plea that he is not gay... it is a weak argument, I know, but tell me what you guys think.

So once upon a time in Jourdanland, there was this guy Matt Str!ckland... (the second guy I ever made out with, lmao). I had a huge crush on him and so did all the other girls. He was really flirty and talkative and crap, and he dressed wonderfully. He even was close friends with this girl Selina. They would joke about how he would WEAR HER PANTS. But as far as I know he was hardcore straight. He even tried to booty call me last summer! Like wtf!?

So maybe Zach is like Matt....

Or maybe I sound like a deluded human being that is trying with all her heart and soul to refute irrefutable facts???

You know, I wouldn't be this upset if he didn't play STRAIGHT so WELL AND CONVINCING!!!!!

Btw, back to the original topic of the thread... i'm off to watch the last episode of season one

LOL, Jourdan...let's still live in the land of denial, where Zach is just a weirdo....

What did you think of the finale? In my opinion, Heroes is rather notorious for anticlimactic finales.

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, SO. My new thoughts...

I finished season one and am almost done with season two since it is so short.

In my opinion, the second season is way better. I'm just enjoying it a hell of a lot more. I think it's because FINALLY some of the characters at least know each other, and you're starting to get the sense that everyone is kind of moving in closer together, if that makes sense.

The season finale was super anticlimactic. They make it out be this big deal, and then all that happens is that Nathan flies Peter into the sky and then it's all okay! Compared to LOST season finales, it was nothing.

I feel like they could have made the Peter thing a lot sadder. I mean, even if we knew he was going to live they could have made it more dramatic and tried to move me to tears, you know what I mean? Haha.

So, so far in the second season these are my favorite story lines:
Claire and West-- I think they are super cute and West is way hot.

Maya, Alejandro, and SYLAR! Zach is wayyyy too sexy for me to handle when he's being all evil. I love when he says to Alejandro, 'I know you don't understand me....' and then goes on that whole crazy rant! So amazing.

I am LOLING at Matt and Mohinder living together and raising Molly.... they are SO like gay lovers, lmao!

Peter and everything he is going through. OMG when he kisses Elle... that was so hot. I didn't really understand the point of it though... it was sort of random. Unless he was just trying to distract her or something? Made no sense.

As to what is annoying me...

Hiro in Japan. Everytime that comes on i'm like, 'Hurry up and get to the next part.' Plus, you know it makes no sense with the whole time thing, unless he WAS always Kensei.... AND wtf is with the REAL Kensei being Adam Monroe????? Crazy...

Niki. God. Her story line is SO annoying. Like who cares about her stupid personality disorder? And now that Jessica is gone it's Gina? That's always annoyed me from the start, especially since I still don't get what her power is. Super strength? And she can only access it if she's in a different persona or what? Idk... it's just really annoying.

Other than that I can take or leave anything else they throw at me. But I am really enjoying the second season! Right now I can't see myself giving up on it... I guess we will be the only ones Eryn, lol.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, glad to hear you're enjoying S2...personally I really disliked most of it and found West too annoying for words, but to each her own.

Quote:
I am LOLING at Matt and Mohinder living together and raising Molly.... they are SO like gay lovers, lmao!

Mohinder is gay. Mohinder is gay. Mohinder is soo gay.

And omg, I agree about sexy!evil!Sylar! lkdfjglsk *incoherent noises* Haha, I rewatch episodes of S2 JUST for Sylar's sexiness.

Ugh, I didn't like Hiro's Japan plotline either...so pointless. >_< I hated Adam for most of that season too.

Elle is the shiz. Lovvvve herrrrr.

Hehe, I won't be giving up on this show either...love it too much. (Also not giving up on my beloved Syhindlar...wait'll you watch the S2 finale. Prolly my favorite episode of the season.)

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh I'm SO excited now!!!!

Bummer you don't like West, lol. He is a bit annoying I supposed. I just really like Claire I think.

I trying to wait for my friend to catch up with me so we can commence season three together. But yeah, so far definitely enjoying season two! I will be back with more freaking out about Sylar sexiness when I catch up! And I cannot wait to see the Syhinder finale! Lol!

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Claire too. I wanna know what happened to Hayden though....her acting just gets progressively WORSE, for some reason??? WTF, girl? She was ah-mazing in Season 1!

I need to rewatch more of S2. Usually I just watch the finale, Powerless, for the extreme awesome Sylar-ness. You'll love it, Jourdan! And S3 just gts even better....especially the second half, imo, but the whole thing is pretty dang good.

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGZLALKSHDFLKHSFIWENVMNXCLKJKSHFWU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't even watched the season two finale yet, but OH MY GOD!!!! In the second to last episode!!!@!@! Zacccchhhhh/Sylllar was SOOOOOO sexy!!!! When he kisses her!!! I was like

I knew it was coming because I had already seen those pictures of him with his shirt off but DAMMMN! He is so sexy, I can't stand it! I just love him.

I will be watching the finale shortly, as well as premiere of season three, and will be back with thoughts/more freaking out about Zach.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I barely remember anything else about s2 but daaaaaang, I remember all the hot Sylar action, lol! \o/ ♥!
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys. So if I could say one thing to the writers of Heroes, it would be this:

Dear Heroes Writers,
I enjoy your show, but please stay out of time travel. When you write about time travel, you come off as a litttttle bit retarded. Thanks.
-Jourdan

Like SERIOUSLY???

I can't stand their time travel crap. It makes NO sense. It's all alternate futures and stuff. And they spend an awful lot of time delving into alternate futures (sometimes entire episodes) when that future is NOT EVEN RELEVANT TO THE PLOT.

For instance, in Five Years Gone. They spent an entire episode just showing how the future was going to be, but it didn't matter, because it never happened! It's one thing to peek into the future, but devoting an entire episode to something that is never even going to happen? Retarded.

Long story short, this whole thing at the beginning of season three with future Peter is getting to me. It is NOT future Peter! It is Peter from another universe and it is ridiculous.

Also, i'm having a BIG issue with how the writers abandon storylines and characters. Like that whole Caitlin bs? She's been dropped in a freaking future/alternate universe! Why did they even bother writing in her character if they were never going to tell us her fate? And, I know because I looked it up, they basically abandon the Molly storyline too. Does West ever come back? I really do not appreciate how certain characters are just dropped, no explanation. Lost never does that (at least not that I can think of).

Another thing I notice about Heroes is this: There are no real ships. What I mean by that is they throw romance in randomly, but there isn't one definitive couple that I can think of, couples that have been together from the start (like Jate or Skate). Peter/Claire was kind of like that, but then they pulled the family card. Other than that there's just been spontaneous romance. Peter/Simone, Peter/Caitlin, Mohinder/Eden, Claire/West, Maya/Sylar, and NOW Maya/Mohinder... then it's like they forget about the couples. Maybe there is a more solid couple coming up, but I haven't really seen one yet.

Other than that, everything is cool thus far. The time stuff just REALLLLY bothers me, but that is mostly it.

Sorry this post was so long, I could just go on forever.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh worry not, Jourdan, you get some shippiness soon enough in S3.

OMG - how freaking RANDOM and OUT OF CHARACTER was the Maya/Mohinder crap???? (I've been waiting to rant about this to somebody other than my sister...) Honestly, it was just WEIRD seeing Mohinder act like that, he (as Maya said...rofl) WAS different. XD Anyway.

I think they've pretty much dropped the time travel stuff...I think they were getting as sick of it as their fans were.

I hate how they drop storylines too and then randomly pick them up again AGES later. Maybe Caitlin will show up again in like season ten million. (LOL).

Yeah, those are my major issues with Heroes as well, lol. But they make up for it in other ways.

PS - Today is Zachary Quinto's birthday...thought I would share..

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know!!!!!!! He's like 32 now!!!!!!!!1 He looks so much younger... we basically have a 12 1/2 year difference... I will get him someday! (Gay or not gay!)

Dude the Mohinder/Maya stuff was waayyyy out of character. It was so like Sawyer/Ana Lucia. But Ana actually had a reason. That was just soooo random. I was thinking, 'Maya is a ho!!!!!' She's kissing Mr. Sexy Killer one minute and sleeping with the doctor the next!!!

Well, like I said, I can't see myself giving up on it, but I read some articles that were talking about how crappy volume four was-- and apparently that either Ali or Hayden was trying to end her contract! I hope with the fourth season it changes!

You know another thing about Heroes... they are so afraid to kill anybody! I thought for sure that Bennet was gone... but they didn't kill him! Which made me happy, because I actually love him, but at the same time I was thinking about Lost and I was like, 'Grow some balls and kill someone!'

I guess they killed Niki, but imo that is kind of messed up! Poor Micah has no parents Apparently it was because the writers felt that, 'They could go no further with the storyline' and I was like, 'Yeah idiots.' They should have merged her two personalities together a long time ago and done something else with her, rather than killing her.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...Zach is like...15 years older than me....

Maya is pointless. She was, like, there so Mohinder could go completely out of character and sleep with her....because I see no other reason for her to be there.

The fear-of-killing characters will change, I think...think season three changed that....

And WAAAH, they should not have killed off Niki! Her character still had so much potential. And hey, I loved Niki/Nathan and wanted to see if they'd take that anywhere, lol!

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eryn (because i'm pretty sure she is the only one reading this anymore, haha),

I haven't been on in forrrever, sorry. I was really busy and then I was out of town for a week. But I am still slowwwly progressing through heroes, and....

WHAT THE F***!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????????

WHY the EFF did they kill Elle!? Dude, these writers are plain RETARDED, I'm telling you!!!!!

Character development wise, it makes NO sense. Sylar and Elle had that great moment together in the room when she was chained up, and then they freaking MADE love. I guess they're trying to convey the point that he is a sociopath, but it still makes no sense. I don't think he would just KILL her like that, you know? She was the one person who understood him and accepted him, it doesn't make sense for him to just kill her. It might have worked if they had had more of a buildup or something but COME ON... rannnndom.

I really can't get over that... i'm really pissed off. If Kristen Bell had to get out of the show to work on other projects they could have ended her storyline in a different way. They should have just had Bennet kill her for crying out loud!

I mean obviously one of the reasons I'm attached to Sylar is because of Zach, but I always appreciated how there WERE dynamics to his character. He wasn't totally and completely the "bad" guy, you know? But this killed it for me... he is an evil ****er!

Mohinder and the bug crap is REALLY grossing me out... It's hard for me to watch because I literally get sick to my stomach whenever I see it! Yuck!

I think the guy that plays Arthur Petrelli is the WORST. His voice is SO annoying! And this storyline still is not making a whole lot of sense to me... mostly because character development is SO off. This dude is willing to kill his sons without a blink of an eye? Seriously? What made him like that? I do not understand.

Storyline is definitely muddled for me. Let me get this straight: Angela Petrelli and pals created the company however many years ago. THEN, when crazy (Arthur) stole Adam's power, he created Pinehearst? And he basically wants to give abilities to people. But the company was created to control people with abilities... i'm pretty sure this is all correct, i'm basically talking to myself here, sorry.

I'm sorry. I know i'm probably retarded, but I swear to God this crap is hard to follow. I mean I get it, but the big question for me is why? Why are the characters doing what they're doing? Sometimes the writers really don't spell it out for us the way they should. And sometimes (all the time) I am going onto wikipedia and reading what is written there JUST to get stuff straight.

AND the Sylar's son thing was so retarded. It would be one thing if it actually happened, but once again it was just some stupid future that never happened that they spent WAY too long on.

Another thing about Heroes that gets me--the characters get over stuff SO fast. Like there's all this betrayal and horrible stuff, and they recover from it like nothing. Like Sylar murdering Elle's father (don't get me wrong, I love them together, but it was still a little difficult to believe). There are a lot of other examples I could cite, but I can't think of any at the moment, haha.

I've been skimming stuff on Wiki about Fugitives, and i'm getting really scared Eryn... scared I won't be able to handle the stupidity of it and that I WILL lose my mind... I know i've spent however long bitching about the show, but deep down I do love it, so it really drives me NUTS when they write like idiots. Tim Kring, go away. Let's call in Damon and Carlton to save this show!!!!

I have wrote a novel here, so i'll be very impressed if you bother to read it. I'm just going crazy and I have no one to complain to. I'm also enjoying parts of the show, like Seth Green's stint and SYLAR/ELLE, but since they killed Elle I had to complain hardcore. But I still am finding things to like

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely understand where you're coming from, Jourdan. 9And I'm happy to read what you have to say, I love talking about my favorite shows. ) I was SOOOO MAD that they killed Elle. I mean, there was all this hotness at the beginning of the ep, but at the end, boom, she's dead. Elyse and I were so upset. (She literally moped for a week. ) Anyway...it was ridiculous. I think Kristen Bell wanted off the show, but why build up her romance with Sylar only to kill her off - at SYLAR'S hands?!? If she had died any OTHER way it wouldn't be so bad, but no, they had to have Sylar kill her.

To be perfectly honest, I think I liked Villains LESS than I liked Fugitives. I LIKED Fugitives! I didn't even realize a lot of people weren't liking it until after it ended and I started reading stuff online about it. There's some pretty awesome Sylar-ness in Fugitives and...well, I dunno how much you've read about it, but the setup for Sylar's plot next season is kind of intriguing. I'm very interested to see how they play it out.

I believe you're right about how the Company was created and stuff. But it is hard to follow. I'm not entirely sure what the point of it was, though. I'm kind of glad the Company's sort of disbanded now, because it really wasn't going anywhere....

I agree that they get over things quickly. Remember when Simone died in S1? Peter cried for a minute then forgot about her. Not that I cared...I didn't like Simone and at the time I was still all about Paire. Now I don't really care if Peter ends up with anyone, which he probably won't.

At this point I'm come to accept Heroes for all its flaws and love it anyway. Like you'd love an ugly child. (I dunno, that phrase came to mind for some reason. Maybe because I'm reallllyyyy sleepy. ) So I get through it in the hopes that it's getting better, which I think it is and it will. Like I said, I find the setup for next season very original and interesting, and if they get some GOOD writers, they can pull it off well.

Sometimes the writing is so terrible I just have to laugh at it. I'm glad you're still liking it with all its stupidity! I know I am. So I hope you stick it out through Fugitives and watch it some more next season.

Oh yeah, I liked Seth Green's role on it as well. And Syelle was love. <3 Here's hoping that Heroes starts having more good moments than bad ones! (And I have also wrote a novel....)

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Eryn! "Like you'd love an ugly child" was perfection! I'm forcing my good friend to watch it from season one, and that is totally what i'm going to tell her when things start to get crazy, haha.

I'm still sooooo bummed about Syelle. I'm going to make a video! I think, at least. If I can get my crap together, I totally will. It's going to be to that song 'Jesus Christ' by Brand New. I don't know if you've heard it or not...

As for now, i'm trying not to watch anymore of Heroes until my friend has caught up. Syelle dying really put me in a slump, lol. But rest assured I will be back again once I start watching!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sobs for her beloved lost Syelle*

Seriously, that just horked me, for all the reasons you two have mentioned. I wouldn't have liked them killing off Elle any way they did it but if she would've died from HRG's gunshot for example, then I could've accepted that. They could've even used that to turn Sylar back to TEH EVOL and ended up with him doing exactly all the things he did. I suppose I could've even (grudgingly) accepted him killing her if it would've been done in a way that made sense. But having him going from friggin' dying for her to "eh, I think you might be lying to me" *murders* IN ONE EPISODE just was bad, bad writing!

Bad writing, bad! No biscuit!

I'm still staying with it, I haven't given up and I'll definitely keep watching. But man, do they know how to rain on a fangirl's parade or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: