Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Site changes Reply with quote

LVI has undergone the first of several eventual changes intended to make things run a bit more smoothly as well as to reflect the changing times in the vidding community as a whole.

In this case, you'll find that there are no longer number averages for each of your vids, nor as a whole for your profile as a vidder. The Council Picks, Viewer's Picks and the seal that represents your status as a vidder will remain. However, we feel that the number averages themselves no longer serve a constructive purpose and so it was best to take them out of the equation.

LVI's goal has always been to be a place where vidders could come and share their work with others, as well as to socialize and learn from one another. The averages have begun to get in the way of that, by providing a negative source of competition. Far too many times, people have been upset by a .01 change in their average, which ends up canceling out all of the positive things their vids have earned, such as many enthusiastic comments.

We want to put the emphasis back on what vidding should be about, first and foremost, which is fun! CPs and VPs are great but the main thing we want to encourage is for vidders to have fun expressing themselves through their vids and to enjoy sharing their work with other vidders. A number shouldn't be allowed to interfere with that, so we've decided that the time has come for those numbers to be retired.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely understand and am enthusiastic. I never really cared about the numbers so much, but I can definitely see where some would get upset if someone is voting their vid too negatively, therefore making their average as a whole drop.

LVI still rules!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, and I had JUST gotten to 2.99! I was so proud! Nah, actually, I think this makes perfect sense and I do know a few different people who have been upset by average changes and such (I have been a little bummed at times too), so this is probably a better idea. It keeps the peace and people won't feel bad. Though I do kinda feel I have nothing to work towards... aw well, it's more good than bad.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ais! I think this is a great idea! You know I've had trouble with the vidding average And the other day I went to Kat's page and hers was actually lower then mine, wth?? Perhaps it would be better this way
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea Ais!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everybody! We're really glad that you all understand our reasoning for taking this step!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the averages are back now, is this an error?
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha...mine is back too...weirdness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a glitch; must have happened whilst trying to clear out all those hackings; grr :S:S Thanks for letting us know guys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: