Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How great is firefox?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: How great is firefox? Reply with quote

pretty damn great. I haven't had a popup in ages, the search bars are very useful, not to mention the tab browsing. But the best parts of all are the downloadable features!! You can have an input that lets you control any open music player from your web browser window (no more fiddling around switching windows) you can install a mouse gesture system (that allows you to perform comands such as "back","forward" and "refresh" by just drawing a line on the screen rather than search for the button, and best of all, there's a new search engine that is user-based which can bring you to a randomly-picked popular site found by your peers that matched your interests, called "Stumbleupon". Basicly it leads you to really cool site that oyu would never think of looking for normally, like a beautiful gallery of snowflakes http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/photos/photos.htm, a site that proves true or false every urban legen in existance: http://www.snopes.com/, and many many more. Its almost a revolution in web browsing!
If you tell yourself that "you'll never use all of these features" you're wrong. I thought the same thing, yet now everytime I use a computer that's not my own I click my mouse and move it to the left, yet am dismayed that the browser didn't go "back" like I'm used to and love. Go get firefox today! It kicks ass! (and StumbleUpon too)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&category=Search%20Tools&numpg=10&id=138

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ALMOST a revolution in web browsing? ALMOST?

But seriously, why would anyone NOT be browsing with Firefox? I'd like to know.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly. Foxfire rocks. The choice is sort of on the level of "Should I use a washing machine, or do it by hand?"

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tabs. Where are they in IE? WHO CARES.

Firefox for president!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura has no idea what you are all discussing. All i know is i share this computer with others that would notice if IE disappeared-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the_fibbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireFox is my friend too
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O LAURA!!! A TRAITOR!?!??! NOOOOOOOOOO........

Just secretly install it and leave it there next to IE, you don't have to uninstal IE (I still have it since some applications only work with IE... stupid people...) Just put it next to it on the shortcuts menu, or better yet, HIDE the IE so they have no choice It rocks anyway, and I'm not one to say things rock lightly!

Apparently only a small percentage of people use firefox, yet I see it popping-up everywhere...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Firefox because I was getting so sick of IE, it's solved all the problems I was having with explorer (pop ups etc) plus it gave me some cool new features I never knew existed. The only thing wrong with it is that not enough people are using it! The sooner IE becomes extinct the better.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charmax wrote:
I downloaded Firefox because I was getting so sick of IE, it's solved all the problems I was having with explorer (pop ups etc) plus it gave me some cool new features I never knew existed. The only thing wrong with it is that not enough people are using it! The sooner IE becomes extinct the better.

My thoughts exactly why I tried Netscape then when Firefox 1.0 came out weeeeee! I really like tabbed browsing and have not gotten one popup that I haven't specifically requested. Last I heard they had 25 million downloads in 99 days. There are other browsers that are similar which run on the IE engine but as Enchirito says WHO CARES? I don't. IE needs a serious update.

My lost music vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wonders out loud if Laura ever got firefox*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox blows!! It screws up my amateurly coded website. I have IE and I don't have ANY pop ups anymore. I just use the Yahoo blocker and all is good.

But seriously, my Lost page looks like a jumbled mess with things overlapping on Firefox, and my photogalleries all have these lame gray bars between each picture which aren't supposed to be there.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called web standards, dude. Look it up. http://w3schools.com

Get with the times, man!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to post links that work... DUDE! Why the attitude G? Just a preference.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I didn't look at your source code, but I looked at your site and it's not too screwy in firefox. Only one overlap that I noted and not really that bad at all. I've seen much much much much worse!

No attitude, just sarcasm. I would never ever use the expression, "Get with the times, man." In serious conversation.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake AND Laura?????? This is not happening. THis is NOT Happening!!!!11!?!?!!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: