Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas Question: Is this normal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Sony Vegas Question: Is this normal? Reply with quote

I work with Sony Vegas 9; and does anyone else have this problem?

I work and work on a video; and all of a sudden it freezes and won’t come back; or I get a ‘error occurred’ I click okay; and sometimes it closes my window; meaning I lost whatever I just added to my video.

Also; sometimes when I hit save; it won’t; I click on it later on; and it says ‘it didn’t save’; it’s getting to be an annoyance because I hate working on a video thinking at any minute whatever I just did wont get saved. I save every so often; but sometimes I just don’t; and so I lose it.

I am only upset because I just paid 170 dollars for more Ram and them to install it because It was told 2 gigabytes of ram won’t cut it for Sony Vegas. It’s doing the same crap it pulled with only two gigabytes.

I am uncertain of a lot of things. Like; is it normal; does it happen to other people; is it just a glitch with Sony Vegas 9; should I be worried; and is it my computer. Lots of questions running through my head.

Thank you.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it also render halfway through and then say "an error has occurred"?

If it does, then i had the exact same problem a few months ago. I truly have no idea why that started happening to me and i'm sorry to say i really don't know why it just suddenly stopped doing that recently.

Some things I did was render my vid in small sections, and then dragged the rendered parts onto the timeline and instead of having all those small clips i had a few big sections of my already rendered vid there instead. But even that didn't always work, so I re-installed my version of Vegas, and i think that helped a lot. Also just leaving Vegas alone for a few days seemed to work too. idk why but it helped. lol

I'm sorry I don't have one straight forward answer for you. Just keep working at it, and Vegas should stop doing what its doing.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
Does it also render halfway through and then say "an error has occurred"?

If it does, then i had the exact same problem a few months ago. I truly have no idea why that started happening to me and i'm sorry to say i really don't know why it just suddenly stopped doing that recently.

Some things I did was render my vid in small sections, and then dragged the rendered parts onto the timeline and instead of having all those small clips i had a few big sections of my already rendered vid there instead. But even that didn't always work, so I re-installed my version of Vegas, and i think that helped a lot. Also just leaving Vegas alone for a few days seemed to work too. idk why but it helped. lol

I'm sorry I don't have one straight forward answer for you. Just keep working at it, and Vegas should stop doing what its doing.

I think I had a problem with that one time.

I am going to re-install mine. That's a great idea; thank you.

I'll just save my vids that I have been working on to my external hard drive.

Thank you. I did it; and not only that; but my zoom was restored; I should have that of that in the first place. I am so excited now! Thanks!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem too, but it hasn't done it in a while *fingers crossed* I do what Morgan does, render small sections so then I have all the parts if the original Vegas file decides to screw up.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
I've had this problem too, but it hasn't done it in a while *fingers crossed* I do what Morgan does, render small sections so then I have all the parts if the original Vegas file decides to screw up.

I am glad hearing that it happens to otheres; is sadly a relief; it's just a glitch in the programming; which sucks for us.

But I have had some computer issues in the past; and I would rather the programing be off; and not my computer.

I'll have to consider rendering it in small sections.

I kinda wish I got Sony Vegas 8; but they didn't have that one; only 9. Because I used both trials; to see which one I liked before I bought one.

My pet peeve is how it always freezes and wont come back. I get upset; I do. I hate when I work on something and it happens.

Thank you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: