Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 pm Post subject: Feedback Request Thread (New Requests, 9/20!) :)
Welcome to the Feedback Request thread!
Feedback is an essential tool for growth when it comes to vidding. Without feedback, it's hard to know what people like about your video, and what they don't.
With all the activity at LVI, sometimes feedback from other vidders can be hard to come by... so if you have a video you'd like to get comments/feedback on, you've come to the right place!
Please read the guidelines (inside the spoiler text) before continuing...
1) Each vidder may request feedback for up to five of their vids per month. These can be current or older vids, but should be *completed* vids already submitted to LVI, at least three days old, and with 10 or fewer comments already.
2) A running list of current feedback requests will be kept in the original post and will be updated as often as possible. Vids will be removed from the list once they've reached ten comments, or have been on the list over a month.
3) All vidders requesting feedback are expected to return the favor by giving feedback for some of the other vids on the list.
4) All comments given should be constructive criticism, aka "concrit". Give an honest, polite, and *respectful* opinion, so that people know what they did right but also what they could do differently or better next time, if applicable. Praise should be honest and votes awarded only when truly deserved. By posting a request in this thread, you are asking for honest feedback and "concrit", not just glowing compliments.
All vidders, even those not making requests, are strongly encouraged to watch as many of the vids in the list as possible. Afterall, the more feedback given/received, the better the videos we all can make and watch!
5) Finally, and this is VERY important! Vote Trading (giving someone a medal because they gave you one) will not be tolerated and is closely monitored by the LVI council. Votes/medals should never be used for barter. Votes/medals should only be given when truly deserved, as a reflection of your honest opinion.
So, once you've read the guidelines above, if you have a video that isn't getting as many comments as you'd hoped, or that you just want more feedback on, reply here with a link to the video and I'll add it to the list!
UPDATED ON 8/12/09!!!
Just a reminder to check out these two videos and leave the vidders some constructive feedback!
Joined: 27 Jul 2007 Posts: 30477 Location: With Anna Torv... somewhere ;)
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm Post subject:
Thats a great idea Julia!! I'll be happy to give people some constructive criticism. Sometimes I don't just b/c I know not all vidders want that but if they are posting a request here then I will feel more comfortable. _________________
I'm hoping that it will serve not only new vidders, who really want the feedback, but also vidders who have been around awhile and are interested in concrit beyond what is normally given. _________________
Joined: 19 Feb 2009 Posts: 72 Location: The Island
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:05 am Post subject:
Yeah this is a great idea Julia!
I don't have any problem with receiving some constructive criticism as how else would I know if I'm doing well or what part of my vids need improving _________________ FUNNIEST QUOTE EVER
Michael: "I think they're trying to figure out what to do with us."
Sawyer: "I think they're gonna eat us."
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 Posts: 28138 Location: California
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:14 pm Post subject:
Great idea, Julia! I agree with Nikki and everyone. it's tough to know how people are going to respond to even really really nice constructive crit, so I don't give it all the time. It's cool that the people who want it can get it here.
Summer, I have to wait until tomorrow to put up the link to your vid, as they need to have been posted at LVI for at least three days. I'm also going to use the LVI link rather than the YouTube link, so that people can offer feedback here at LVI.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum