Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spammers copyrighting videos...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Spammers copyrighting videos... Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I had some LOST fan videos disabled on YouTube, because of what I thought was UMG copyrighting. But now, I found out that some spammer/hater sent in a copyright notice on my original fanwork! The usernames being "NATOarts" and "Rumblefish". Has this happened to anyone else?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's just ridiculous! I looked up both of their names and you can see they're both getting EXTREMELY unhappy people leaving them comments on their channels, so this is something they're going around doing just to cause trouble.

You know, just when you think you've seen everything... *frustrated sigh* Like it's not already tough enough to keep your vids on YouTube, now some idiot(s) have to go around claiming copyrights? You can probably dispute this (unless it gets blocked by UMG or some other music company) and you should be able to get them restored since obviously those jerks don't own the copyrights.

Here's information on how to dispute a copyright claim if you're interested. Good luck and sorry these jerks got you got in their crosshairs!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know!
It's happened to about 3 of my videos. I would try to dispute it, but there is nothing I can dispute, since they claimed the footage, not the music.
I was thinking of just putting one of them up on mute, and putting one of those posting notes (Annotations) on it to link to a different site where people could watch it, but since those jerks put that on there, I can do absolutely nothing with it. Thanks for the links though!

:/

Oh well. It's just kind of a drag. I'm over it. I just wanted to let people know that this is going on.
sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that is so mean! why would someone do something like that? urgh
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG what prats!!!
That sounds really annoying, it's like why would someone do that grrr.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. The thing is, I went on their site and saw all these hate messages on their profile, so I just wrote them a nice letter asking them to please remove the copyright, and they did.

Um, yeah....

This has been a really, really crazy two weeks for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: