Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tragedy Of Blood (Kate/Sun AU)" by Athena Alexand
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: "Tragedy Of Blood (Kate/Sun AU)" by Athena Alexand Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU)" 02-25-2009
Suns thirst for vengeance has devastating consequences for her once best friend.
Song: Summer Overture by Clint Mansell
Vidder: Athena Alexandria
Length: 2:12 (33.2MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Alternate version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmqZG-S7DZE

Last edited by Athena Alexandria on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; i thought I was gonna see kate/sun slash!!! still; very cool idea i always thought Sun was gonna get Jack back for leaving Jin behind, nice to see it in vid form! not sure i understood the rest tho, it was kinda more Jate AU than Kate/Sun, not to say i didnt love it! but at the end was that Kate sort of forgiving Sun for killing Jack? just want to be sure ;] awesome to see another AU from you Samara!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Thanks, Kat!

You really thought it was gonna be slash?!!!

Spoiler:

I'm not sure how well I got it across, but I wanted to explore the idea that if Sun had killed Jack, she'd be putting Kate in the same position that she was in after Jin's death...

So I doubt Kate had coffee in mind when she went to visit her...

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol; yeah ive been slash vidding a lot lately; its just in my head atm ;]

Spoiler:

ooohhh, ok I was actually waiting on a gunshot perhaps but i figured she had Aaron there; but maybe she didnt? So Kate was getting revenge too? Nice ;] I think it was Sun's smile that threw me off, lol

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Spoiler:

A gunshot! That's actually an awesome idea! I think I'm gonna need you to beta my vids...

I decided to leave it ambiguous rather than manip Kate killing Sun, just because to me, the important part is this cycle of death they're trapped in...

Plus you're right! Aaron is there! She has to send him away first!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool AU....so let me see if I understand this..Sun kills Jack so Kate decides to get revenge right b/c it seemed like she packed a gun with and then went to go visit Sun....I was expecting a gunshot once it went to black so I wasn't sure if she was actually there to kill her. Thats what it seemed like though b/c I don't know how she could forgive her for something like that and why wasn't Sun in jail for what she did? ooooo unless Kate was in on it too...lol but doesn't make sense either...lol oh I should probably go read your spoiler comment.. brb.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
Thanks, Kat!

You really thought it was gonna be slash?!!!

Spoiler:

I'm not sure how well I got it across, but I wanted to explore the idea that if Sun had killed Jack, she'd be putting Kate in the same position that she was in after Jin's death...

So I doubt Kate had coffee in mind when she went to visit her...

ahhh okay! Thats what I thought! Cool idea! I really liked how you manipped the hospital scene when Jack dies...that looked really good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was amazing!!!Hope for second part!!!

Spoiler:

When Sun open the door i was ....come on Kate !!!Shoot her !!! poor Jack!!!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo yes You have to make a sequel Samara!!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments guys.

Kat and Nikki, I took your advice and made an alternate version -- the link is at the bottom. Hopefully it's less confusing.

As for a sequel, I'll think about it, but I really don't feel like this is one of my better vids, so maybe it's better to just move on?
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo yay! I like the new ending! It give it the closure I think it was missing...unless you had put ...To Be Continued once she showed up at her door...that would have worked well too!

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was awesome, Sam! I don't know why people thought it was hard to follow... I thought it was really easy to follow and obvious what was going on. At least, I had no trouble following it.

Spoiler:

You showed Jack get murdered by Sun, Kate heartbroken and in shock, she had a nightmare about it, then went to kill Sun because she wants revenge. She wouldn't do it with Aaron right there, but it was obvious that that was her eventual plan.

I loved the hospital scene the most, right after Jack gets shot, and the bit with him saying "if anything happens to me..." etc. It was so sad and sweet, cuz he died right after.

Great job! Gold from me.
loudpaw
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

That was so cool!!! I loved every miniute of it! And if you could refresh my memory please...did Aaron actually say 'Choo Choo' or did you use a sound clip of it? 'cause tat was so damn cute -squee- x3
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL y eah he does say that b/c I used that scene in won of my AUs recently.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Tragedy Of Blood (Jate AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Cool video
I really liked the music very fitting with the whole theme of the vid
I was a bit confusseled by the ending but otherwise cool vid
Great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: