Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x07 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: 5x07 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham Reply with quote

Centricity:
Spoiler:

Locke

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Locke's mission off the island as Jeremy is revealed.

Guest List:
Spoiler:

Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abaddon, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sa•d Taghmaoui as Caesar, Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana, Ammar Daraiseh as Hajer, Grisel Toledo as Susie, Stephen Scibetta as foreman and John Jamal Bradley as kid.

Who's been looking forward to this one? *holds up hand* (Now, if they'll just have an episode titled "Shirtless Sawyer 24/7" I'll be a really happy camper... )

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, cannot WAIT!
Spoiler:

Walt

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm so excited!!

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see Abaddon either Though since I've been watching Fringe, he's still Agt. Broyles to me

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NepEnut wrote:
Yay! I'm so excited!!

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see Abaddon either Though since I've been watching Fringe, he's still Agt. Broyles to me

Spoiler:

LOL I totally agree about Broyles! I've been waiting for him to show up on Lost again, so I can laugh. XD

Yeah, I've been excited for this ep! It has a cool title.

art by me&tammy
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was EPIC and INTENSE, one of the few perfect Lost episodes of the series, among TTLG and The Constant. Very well executed. I love episodes that give me a sense of euphoria that only Lost can with its amazing story and characters (like Locke and Ben). 10/10
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much couldn't put any thoughts together for about 45 minutes after the episode ended, LOL. I loved it. The seen with Locke and Ben was amazing. I wonder what Locke is going to do to Ben when he wakes up, LOL.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont normally like Locke eps; but this one i loved! Def. the best locke centric ep so far I adored seeing Sayid; he's too gorgeous :] and seeing Walt again was great!!! I'm so happy we got to see what Locke said to the O6 rather than all this mystery behind it :S I'm also glad that we didnt have to watch travel time and Locke was just in each city; that would have annoyed me if we kept seeing him on planes talking about the same old stuff. I'm really glad they re-visited the Helen storyline because I always loved her, and Helen/Locke was a mini-ship i did enjoy while it lasted; i was so saddened to see that she died

but AGAIN no friggin mention of Aaron!!! what the hell??? its really pissing me off. locke goes to see Kate and doesnt mention Aaron at all?? all we get is some blazay comment form Hurley? come on. that's just irresponsible writing not to include him when they've paired him with Kate :S:S he goes to see Walt because they're ALL supposed to go back; but apparently that doesnt include even a mention of Aaron in the slightest :S I feel obligated to make a vid about it now :S:S

i assume I'll get both sides on this, but who did everyone think Kate was talking about when she said 'have you ever been in love john?'? did she mean with Jack, which is why she left? Or with Sawyer; which is why it was so hard for her to leave? My immediate thought was Jack; she left because she was in love with him, that kinda goes with the 'i have always been with you' line from a Little Prince

was i the only one who wanted a Bocke hug at the end there? lol i mean, before the untimely ending ;]

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I don't even know what to say about this epi! So awesome!

And yeah, Kat, I wondered who Kate meant too, Jack or Sawyer???
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my theory on the ending

Spoiler:

Ben is not evil for killing Locke. Locke HAD to die, maybe Ben knew he couldn't commit suicide so he had to kill him himself."

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but trey
Spoiler:

Locke was about to kill himself before Ben burst through the door ;] I think it was once Ben heard Jin was alive and Locke had proof that he killed him; he knew he could get Sun and that Jack had already bought a ticket so he figured he could do it himself and didn't need Locke

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
but trey
Spoiler:

Locke was about to kill himself before Ben burst through the door ;] I think it was once Ben heard Jin was alive and Locke had proof that he killed him; he knew he could get Sun and that Jack had already bought a ticket so he figured he could do it himself and didn't need Locke

Spoiler:

i dont know. i think it would of been much harder to convince the others than to convince sun. Plus if Ben wanted Locke out of the way, he wouldnt have gone through all the trouble to get him on the plane. Gah i hate what the writers are doing! i dont know who to believe! haha!

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm still in shock over this episode. It was really good, but it was so frustrating...

Spoiler:

Ben can't be bad. Ben can't be bad. Just gonna repeat this until I know it's ultimately true...

It's really hard to say, to be honest. But I think Trey has a point - Ben does act out of emotion sometimes, which explains why he shot Locke after Locke saw Jacob, but I think now he's pretty much accepted that Locke is important to the island, and has tried to make sure John is protected. It is possible that Ben had to kill Locke. Maybe Mrs. Hawking told him it was part of his destiny. And like Trey said - if Ben just killed Locke out of jealousy - why was he so keen on getting him to the plane?

But at the same time, it's clear that Ben did Locke no favors when he moved the island, unless he didn't know the consequences of what happened when he turned the wheel. If he did - it was obvious he was leaving Locke in a pickle on purpose. And it is also possible that once he knew Jin was alive and he could get Sun, he killed Locke because he knew he wasn't needed, until he found out he needed the body to be on the plane so he could get back to the island....

My brain hurts. And I'm angry at the writers for making me doubt my Ben

Spoiler:

And LOL - well, now that Abaddon is dead, the actor can get back to Fringe without interruption

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NepEnut wrote:

Spoiler:

My brain hurts. And I'm angry at the writers for making me doubt my Ben

Spoiler:

Your ben? he's mine

But he is a good guy! don't you see! Have faith in him. It was when John mentioned Hawking that was when Ben flipped, and did what he had to do. Ben know's something we don't.

And omg anyone see them hold hands LOL

[/spoiler]

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i assume I'll get both sides on this, but who did everyone think Kate was talking about when she said 'have you ever been in love john?'? did she mean with Jack, which is why she left? Or with Sawyer; which is why it was so hard for her to leave? My immediate thought was Jack; she left because she was in love with him, that kinda goes with the 'i have always been with you' line from a Little Prince

I think Kate was talking about Jack b/c that is why she left and why she didn't want to go back...b/c of Jack. If she was talking about Sawyer then she would want to go back. Just my opinion...even though I love Skate it was kind of obvious she was talking about Jack. I thought Jack and Kate were so mean to Locke...I wanted to hug him. Poor guy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
july

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it!!!!!!!! It was Awsome!

When Ben stopped Locke to kill himself I was like "oh????really so how did he die then?" and then.....tadadam!!!!!!! my mouth was wide opened, couldn't say a word for a whole minute....I did not see that coming!!! The fact that Ben changes his mind at the last minute got me totally in shock!! Now I just don't know what to think anymore.

And about the previous topic about kate's reflexion about "being in love", I think it's about Jack...obviously, since it's the right after their breake up and that when they broke up Jack thought it was because of Sawyer somehow...and I think Kate doesn't want to go because Jack might think she goes back for Sawyer, therefore that sentence about being in love. She wants to stay in the real world because she has someone she loves in LA. She has nothing to go back for.
That's maybe why she finally agrees to go back because Jack goes back, though I'm sure that it has something to do with Aaron too...but still.

Great episode!!!! can't wait to see the next appart:
Ben: Hey John!!! you are not dead any more?!!!
Locke: Yeah!:! d how weird is it since YOU are the one who killed me.
Ben: Well No , I knew you won't be dead for real!!!!
Locke:...Oh really? Let's try again but with you this time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: