Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You and Me - Kate&Aaron" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: "You and Me - Kate&Aaron" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"You and Me - Kate&Aaron" 02-20-2009
Slightly AUish Kate and Aaron tribute. Im going to miss those two! Watch in HQ. Credit to Emma for the vid pic.
Song: You and Me by Rosie Thomas
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 2:04 (30mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhn7XZSBfI&feature=email
http://www.zshare.net/video/559211449e6e2ff0/

http://namastenikki.ning.com/video/you-and-me-kateaaron-tribute

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, rosie!! one of my fave of her songs i loved this so much nikki!!! this is my hope for season 5; that Kate left Aaron with Carole. i so hope it happens!! i loved the kate/carole AU scenes you had; very cleverly done ;] for some reason, i also loved aaron's 'mummy; i wanna go home' at the start; he just sounds so cute!! i love that little guy :] wonderful vid!! gold from me ;]

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thank you Kat! Yeah, I really hope she gave him to his Grandma b/c that's the only thing that really makes sense and it would just be soo much sadder if something else happened to him. I hope we find out soon!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

OMFG Nikki I loved this soooooo much!!!! I loved the song choice for a start and ooooof it was just too perfect!!!! The whole story with the scenes with Claires mum looked so great and totally believable I actually forgot for a mo that she only really saw her that one time when Aaron was a baby. And yay for the scenes from the hurt locker! hehe Loved it all so much, you really told their story and showed how much Kate cares fro Aaron...and the whole part at the end with the 'And if you leave me I'll feel scared, fall apart" Brilliant!!! Gold, faved, 5*, download!!!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Awww, Nikki!! That was so sad....I think you did a great job with this - all the voice clips were great, and I loved how you juxaposed happy Aaron/kate with Kate crying and the 316 clips were great too!! good job dear!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, I''m so happy you liked this so much!! Those scene from The Hurt Locker were so perfect for this! Thanks again for sending them to me!! The video wouldn't be the same without them. Luv ya!!

Abby, Thanks for watching! Glad you liked it! Yay!

july

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

very sad....well done and the song is so right for this pair. Good idea and great vid.
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow Nikki!!! That was SO well done!!! I really feel like that's what happened with Aaron!!! Poor Kate's all hearbroken after having to give him up!!!! And LOVED the "Hurt Locker" clips!!! GREAT job with this!!!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was soo cute! I loved the song - It was cool to see it as a song about Aaron and Kate Also loved all the Au's scenes.
Gold from me, I really enjoyed watching it
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July, thanks for your comment! Glad you liked the song!

Amanda, yay! I'm glad you liked the hurt locker scene...that was my fav.

Majs, Thanks for gold and your comment!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, this was really wonderful and sweet. We really needed a beautiful Kate and Aaron tribute! You displayed their relationship so wonderfully with great AU scenes and clip choices. The scene with Kate talking on the phone with Jack was really great, I thought you showed Kate's struggle with Jack really well too Loved the audio at the end and how it echoed, great tribute Nikki!!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

You finished it! Yay! That was awesome, Nikki! Sad, but awesome!

I especially love the manips of Kate and Carol, and the one where Kate called Jack because she wasn't coping.

And the song worked really well!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, Thank you so much for that comment! Just made my day. It was so nice!!

Samara...yay Yeah I finished it! I pretty much made this vid in one day! Haha...it was fun...but made me sad to. Glad you liked that phone call scene...I always imagined Kate kind of freaking out about having to take responsibility of a baby, since its so different from anything that she had ever done( and I know I had my share of freak outs as a mother in the beginning) and I wished we would have seen a flashback about that...so I just had to create my own.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natih
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: You and Me - Kate&Aaron by nikkimonique Reply with quote

awwwwwwwwwww Nikki...I had to come here and comment because that was just to presh!!! Loved every minute and it actually almost made me cry:(
wonderful job ^^
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross posted with you Nat. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: