Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disputing claim on youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamara
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the copyright for several videos and always had it work.
Its a great way to get vids back up when they are disabled.

Well . . . for the first time I had a vid disabled due to TOU nudity violation - there was a slight booby shot in there. Like a split second.

The really weird thing is - I have more explicit videos up but always posted them in Film and Animation.

I accidentally posted my video in Entertainment and the "similar videos" were ---get this--- ferret videos.
I immediately changed the category but it still lumped it in with the ferret videos.

I of course went to bed without --stupid me-- deleting and reuploading.

Apparently ferret viewers were upset by a little nudity and it got flagged.

Today I got the strike on my account. My first ever.

I tried re-uploading to my backup account and changed the name of the video. Well it was immediately disabled due to TOU.
I immediately deleted it.

Any way to get this vid up without it being flagged immediately?
Change my scenes around? Or what?

EDIT: I just realized my main account still had the video on it but just disabled.
I had thought YT deleted it. I just manually deleted it.

Will that make a difference in trying to get it re-posted?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Kamara

Avi/Banner by Me

New Jawyer Vid
A Lost Cause Inc. Fanvid
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've had other videos flagged before on the new account. All of them play with ads, which I'm fine with (Koch, UMG, etc.)

The new one got a Warner (WMG) license bit--stating that the video was 'blocked worldwide,' and yet, contradictorily, that it was 'available worldwide.' Charming. So I deleted it, to err on the safe side.

Is it OK to submit a video just hosted on zshare?
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum: Tried to upload to dailymotion and it told me that it couldn't find a video. Does dailymotion not host .wmvs?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
So I've had other videos flagged before on the new account. All of them play with ads, which I'm fine with (Koch, UMG, etc.)

The new one got a Warner (WMG) license bit--stating that the video was 'blocked worldwide,' and yet, contradictorily, that it was 'available worldwide.' Charming. So I deleted it, to err on the safe side.

Is it OK to submit a video just hosted on zshare?

I get the WMG one's all the time; I still dispute and nothing's happened so far *fingers crossed* but yes, you can submit through zshare since you can stream through there anyway

Another streaming website that some of our members use is Namaste Nikki Town: http://namastenikki.ning.com/

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to submit it through badongo. I'm still not too sure about it, but... I guess it's OK.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is an older thread, but anyone wanna give me a hand? I uploaded a vid tonight and the audio got disabled. I disputed it and got the audio back for a little bit, but now it's gone again, but I don't have any notification telling me about a copyright claim or anything! Anyone have any thoughts?

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who owns the rights to the songs? Sometimes it just doesn't work depending on who the copy-righter is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I THINK WMG, but I'm not sure cuz I can't see any copyright info. But there are other vids on youtube with this same song, so I don't know why I shouldn't be able to use it!

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't know if I would try disputing it again. You might just get your account deleting since they now know it's not your song.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was just curious... has anyone clicked on the Acknowledge button in the matched third-party content, and still have their videos up, and account without any issues? I have a couple videos with matched content, but I haven't done anything with them in fear of causing an issue and having my account have a strike or get deleted all together.

So, I was wondering what everyone else does and what you think I should do? :/

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you should click it, otherwise you're basically saying you're accepting the responsibility of using the material. Just ignore it
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully someone sees this post...I have a "blocked worldwide" note on my latest vid because of the song. It's a WMG-owned song. I clicked "file a dispute" and my choices are:

believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Does anyone know which one I should select? Since I'm not selling it or making any money, does it maybe fall under fair use? Does anyone know? I don't want to draw more attention to my account by filing a claim, but I'm really proud of this vid and don't want it blocked forever.

Thanks for any insights!

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually dispute the claims anymore. For blacked worldwide videos what I typically do is just pitch shift the song slightly, and usually it'll slip under the radar. I recently did that with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhSdrhl70A

The Sia song i used caused the video to be muted. I pitched shifted the song, and it uploaded without any claim.

If you need help pitch shifting, let me know and I'll give you pointers on how to do it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjmack1986 wrote:
I don't usually dispute the claims anymore. For blacked worldwide videos what I typically do is just pitch shift the song slightly, and usually it'll slip under the radar. I recently did that with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhSdrhl70A

The Sia song i used caused the video to be muted. I pitched shifted the song, and it uploaded without any claim.

If you need help pitch shifting, let me know and I'll give you pointers on how to do it.

Thanks for getting back to me! How does one pitch shift? I'm assuming it means just changing the audio slightly so YT can't pick it up?

Do you think I shouldn't dispute? I'd hate to risk a strike...but I also hate to lose the views, likes and comments from my original upload.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't dispute claims on my vids anymore. In my experience it never really works long term anyway, and it means an actual person checks through your vid and looks at your account (that's what my understanding of what it was anyway).

Who is the artist for the song you're using? Maybe I should using avoid them in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: