Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disputing claim on youtube
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Gonna wait it out though for confirmation before uploading my videos again just in case they bin my account.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmasholi wrote:
Just seen on the news that youtube have come to some sort of deal with some music groups and artists, and are gonnah start unblocking the videos that had been blocked in the UK. Said they should be back up in the next few days Found an article online here

so that just applies for UK users?
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so b/c one of mine that was blocked for a year is suddenly back and I'm in the US.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, guess not then if its showing Nikki's lol. It just said the UK on the news, but maybe it's just some UK artists or labels something, I dunno.

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, after reading this I took a look at some of my vids and a bunch of them have started working again or had the audio added back!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh YAY! That's awesome news!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I just checked and I've had a boatload more of my vids tossed over into the "Bad, Bad, No, NO!" pile, meep! Does Youtube not even bother to email you anymore???

But at least all of the new ones just have the "buy on itunes or amazon" link added to them and still have their audio and can be viewed. All of my old ones are still off because the claims belong to WMG, blah. Oh well, maybe there will still be hope one day!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least two videoes that say they matched third party content,but have not lost their audio.Both have ads that say where you can download the song.Does having that ad keep you from losing the audio or is it just a temporary fix? I don't have a problem with the ad if it means I can keep my audio.

I don't get emails when my videoes are taken down either.I actually had one video taken down and deleted from my upload list one day and the next day it was back in my upload list and it played fine.I never quite figured out why Youtube did that.

Macaila
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, Macaila, if you have ads on there and they're matched content but the audio is still up, basically that's YT allowing you to keep it up and it will always be up If there was an issue with the audio; they would mute it immediately so if its up; you're fine

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great if I can keep them up there just by having Youtube put an ad on it.I always thought they should use the videoes to their advantage to advertise the songs rather than mute them so nobody can hear them.

Macaila
emzdesign
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird.

I uploaded a video to youtube last night and they emailed me saying my video may have copyright content on it, but when I checked the video it worked ok with the audio and everything, only it had an ad on to where to buy the song.

But today, I try to login to my youtube account and it says my account is disabled, and when I tried to view the video it says the video isn't available anymore due to violation.

I was using a King of Leon's song if that makes any difference.

The thing is, dailymotion also sent me an email saying "Some or all of the elements composing your video, "Flashes Before Your Eyes," have
been flagged as infringing upon the intellectual property rights of a third party (e.g. author, producer, artist, etc.). It has been removed at the request of one or more of the rights holders."

Has this happened to anyone else? I've had no problem in the past uploading my videos to these 2 websites.
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if this will help any now and accounts wont be closed so much? or if it wont make much difference..

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/09/29/arts/entertainment-us-warnermusic-youtube.html?_r=2
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering, did anyone who found the audio working again have a claim from WMG? I uploaded a video and as soon as the upload finished, the audio had been disabled

I uploaded somewhere else because I wanted to submit it here, but I'd rather have it on Youtube, so I disputed the claim - now I'm scared that my account will be deleted if I insist
But there are other videos with that song... so I don't know why there is a problem with my vid
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this on a vid that was blocked in the US (but not anywhere else) and then got Allie to test the link and she said it was working fine for her after that. So it's good to know that it applies in situations like that too. Thanks Nikki!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: