Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disputing claim on youtube
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: disputing claim on youtube Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE&feature=email
This video is for anyone who's having copyright issues on their youtube videos due to music or audio copyrights. This video will NOT help you if a video clip itself within your video is causing the copyright issue.

If you upload videos with music or other audio, I'm sure you've been hit by a copyright claim, right? Well, pay attention to the video to learn how to get your video's audio back.

This is the step-by-step process to get your audio back:

1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

Within 2-3 minutes your video's audio should be back!

Occasionally this will not work. Like I said in the video, this copyright covers 99% of copyrighted entertainment (From what I found out at least). Also, this will ONLY apply if you are not making any profit off your videos. If you intend to become a youtube partner, I would not suggest doing this.

Any questions? Anything to add? Send me a youtube PM.

Make sure to rate and favorite this video, and tell people about it. This NEEDS to get out there, before some of the best montages and gameplays are taken down by copyrights without their owners knowing how to fix the audio.

I originally was going to post this a week or two ago, but I wanted to be absolutely sure on what I was doing.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see where the button to resolve copyright issue is? :s
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its on your actual video...like when you go to "my videos" the video that is blocked will still be there unless you deleted it. I kept mine there...so there is a button that says Resolve copyright.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not on mine for some reason the my videos part looks different to his though it doesn't have those tabs.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weirdness....its gotta be somewhere though.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on which way I looked at my vids, it had the resolve copyright button and then it didn't. But if you go through the My Videos tab and scroll down the list, that's where I found the resolve button appeared as an option.

Thanks for passing this info along, Nikki!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm curious about something....

The music is usually the cause of copyright issues on YouTube - but why isn't the video? ABC owns Lost, therefore - they own the copyright to the video, so why aren't they targeting our vids for the video? Or do they just don't care that much?

I know that some other companies (mainly Fox) are super strict about their footage, which is why you rarely find any Family Guy clips on YouTube that aren't sponsored by Hulu. But the Lost clips don't seem to be a big deal to ABC...or maybe they just aren't aware of it.

I'll have to check out that vid, but it definitely sounds like a really good idea. I mean, "non-profit & personal use" pretty much describes our whole intent with vidding....it's good to know that an exception exists for us. I might try this with my Epiphany vid, which got pulled (but is still available, oddly enough).....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if it works Abby...and I think ABC jsut doesn't care if we use clips...maybe they understand that we are actually promoting their shows!!

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also curious to see if this works. Let us know!

The great thing is, there are laws, but there are also many loopholes.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i just tried this and it worked!!! my 'sea of love' vid was rejected by youtube a week or so ago cos of the song; i submitted the claim today and now its online and the sound is there! and it didn't even take 2-3 mins. it was instant. ;];] thank you so much nikki!!! i dunno if this'll have effects in the long run but meh; what other choice do we have with imeen and its ads and limits and vimeo deleting accounts?

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear! Hopefully it sticks!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just now going through all mine and so far everyone is working! Thank you nikki for this great find!!! lets hope they stay for good *fingers crossed*

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome...It worked for my bitter song. I'm going to try and upload a few of my other vids that I just deleted and hope it works for them too.

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes same! hopefully! again thank you!!!!

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it actually worked...but it seems too good to be true.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: