Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft: A Serious Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks soooo much anyway he has already deleted it, but he's an idiot, so I suppose that's what idiots do
---
---
Hmm, hmm, hmm He apparently blocked me I guess he got tired of deleting afterall! I hate this loser, Im gonna have to spread it about him. Or should I leave him alone? since his videos have low views anyway..
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment's gone as well.

GriiFin wrote:
Or should I leave him alone? since his videos have low views anyway..

You know, since he's proven he's a troll who's just trying to get attention, that might be your best bet at this point. I know there's a group on YouTube who investigates vid and clip theft, let me see if I can find who they are and I'll pass you the link along. You can turn it over to them and they'll do their best to get it taken down. But of course, a troll just lives for attention so you know he'll continue to enjoying all of the arguing no matter who it's from.

It's kind of ironic because yesterday I had somebody contact me at YouTube to let me know that they'd seen two of my Doctor Who vids reposted by somebody else (with my credits cut off but my watermarks still visible). I decided to try a different tact, so I wrote that person a fairly friendly note, saying that I'd noticed they posted my vids and, while I was glad they enjoyed my vids, I'd rather they just favorite them instead of reposting them, so would they please take them down? I really thought I'd be in for a fight because of how they'd already gone to the trouble of rerendering them both to remove my credits.

Well, I got a message back this morning saying, "Oh, sorry" and they removed the vids! I have to say, I was kinda stunned! Very happy but stunned!

But all too often when you get some pathetic person with no life who lives to get people stirred up and loves to cause arguments and such, then they'll keep the vid up forever just because otherwise how will they get their kicks and who would talk to them? If that's the most fun they have in their life, how truly pathetic is THAT?
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is exactly the case. Well, not sure about the attention part, but im 100% sure that he a troll Plus, he has started to block users, so I suppose that the only way is to spread the info about him. And I'm not sure if flagging even works on YT.
--
Aw, I'm happy for u that those "stealers" just took those vids down I tried to write him a friendly note (well, not so friendly, but I still wasnt that mean) and he said that those are his vids and that i stole them from him I'm going to keep my eye on him, since I cant comment on him anymore. But still... Stealing sucks!
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got back from the vacation and i found out that both of those guys that stole vids from me are now deleted! Yay! Although there is a possibility that there will be more stolen vids, but w/e I am actually glad that my vids are "steal-worthy" Yay again
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had someone steal clips from one of my Mick and Beth(Moonlight) vids. She's from Germany and it was her first video on them. I sent her a message to tell her to remove the video from youtube and she sent me a message this morning saying that she removed it saying "I'm sorry I had no idea it was so important to you. I will just upload it again without your clips"

Anyway I posted a thread at Moonlight message board about clip theft and alot of the posts were about because I took the clips from the show without permission then someone else taking my clips from my music videos I shouldn't get all upset. Saying isn't that that pot calling the kettle black. I don't see it that way and yes it's true WE don't have the permission from the creators of these "shows" to make these fanvids but you can't look at it as a black and white issue. When others take stuff that you added effects to and took days to edited clips together. Then they shouldn't take all that hard work and stick it into their own video and claim all that work as their own.
It's interesting how others view all this.

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah those two things have nothing to do with one another...you have every right to be upset about her stealing your clips! I am glad you let her know!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heather; your clips have been targeted again :S

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=khyVLA2Glcw

in that vid there are loads :S:S:S:S

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i didnt know this happened! how are you supposed to find out if someone has stolen your clips?

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why we have watermarks see the watermarks in the corner of the clips? That's heather's mark, its on all of her vids. the tag is meant to deter people from stealing, but it doesn't always help :S:S

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do you just search for it somehow or did you just happen to come across it?

*tells self to ALWAYS watermark videos*

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah; you can't search for it. that's why its so annoying; unless you randomly recognize it, like I did with that one, they get away with it :S:S:S Tagging doesn't stop the thieves, but it helps us to identify clip theievers :S Cos like with that one; i recnognize heather's tag There was one ages ago that stole chunks of clips from one of Aislynn's vid and the tag read 'Aislynn' like DUR!!! :S

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I'm just now seeing this. GGRRRRR!!! Not only are the ones with my WATERMARK on them mine, the ones that have the little snowflake in the corner are mine too. Also some towards the end that have no watermark but have that black line down the right side, those are mine too!

Clip thefters SUCK!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know heather! I didn't see one clip in that PBJ vid that wasn't from your vids!! BASTARD!

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is soooo pathetic that people do that! especially when you've worked hard on them

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!
Wanker!!! Why do that when it's obvious it's someone's clip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: